Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,290 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm sure "anna" will help you unkel
    Fair play to oul Anna.

Some doll for one doll sur.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mp3guy wrote: »
    Social media is not how you get in touch with people making strategic planning decisions in the company

If a big company does not have feelers out on social media (like boards.ie) on what is said about them, they have a big problem.

Are you really so naive to think that a commoner like myself sending a company an email will make any difference? :p Things need to be in the public eye, preferably causing an outrage, to make a real difference. The outrage is not quite here in this thread (but it should be)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

unkel wrote: »
    If a big company does not have feelers out on social media (like boards.ie) on what is said about them, they have a big problem.

Honestly it sounds like you're just looking for excuses to perpetuate your "I'll just rant on boards forever" approach to this.

It's not unheard of for companies to have a few communication hops between consumer facing communication portals and technical staff. Do you really expect to get connected to an engineer directly over social media?

I've reached out to plenty of companies and government organizations in the past and in general once you've got the phone number or email of the right person people are happy to share what information they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

That's new to me. Most people in this forum seem to be happy with their progress. Only a handful of people who have called out the ESB on their lack of progress in no uncertain terms.

And I doubt sending the ESB a few messages on the likes of Twitter or FaceBook (that I don't really use) will make more of a difference than hammering it down on this forum.

And if I can be frank, the typical Irish attitude of "shure it'll be grand" is what's mostly in the way of progress in this country. It's not for nothing we are well behind other countries in Europe like Norway or the Netherlands.

I dont remember anyone saying..... "I'm happy there are no super hubs yet deployed". We all agree they are taking too long to deploy those.

We dont agree on some of the finer points around AC charge points and upgrades of old chargers etc but thats fine... everyone has their opinions on AC vs DC and charging for charging etc.

I'd be willing to bet a few well placed emails (not twitter) into the right inbox of the eCars director would go much further than your daily "howling at the wind" on this thread. You might even get some insight into what they are doing and you could come back here as the eCars ambassador for boards.... now wouldnt that be a sweet thing! ;):D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

....and these companies had no problem finding suitable locations and getting planning permission in reasonable time.

Ahem, Enfield Tesla still not done

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

KCross wrote: »
    I dont remember anyone saying..... "I'm happy there are no super hubs yet deployed". We all agree they are taking too long to deploy those.

We dont agree on some of the finer points around AC charge points and upgrades of old chargers etc but thats fine... everyone has their opinions on AC vs DC and charging for charging etc.

I'd be willing to bet a few well placed emails (not twitter) into the right inbox of the eCars director would go much further than your daily "howling at the wind" on this thread. You might even get some insight into what they are doing and you could come back here as the eCars ambassador for boards.... now wouldnt that be a sweet thing! ;):D

And we could call you Anna. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

slave1 wrote: »

Probably waiting for ESB Networks to do the ground work :D:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

slave1 wrote: »

Can you post that in the Tesla thread every time a Tesla funded hotel destination charger is installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Can the new 150kw unit currently being installed at Kilcullen charge 2 X CCS at the same time splitting the load or is it 1 x CCS and 1 X chademo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Irishjg wrote: »
    Can the new 150kw unit currently being installed at Kilcullen charge 2 X CCS at the same time splitting the load or is it 1 x CCS and 1 X chademo.

If they configure it that way, yes it can.

'if' they configure it that way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

KCross wrote:
    I'd be willing to bet a few well placed emails (not twitter) into the right inbox of the eCars director would go much further than your daily "howling at the wind" on this thread. You might even get some insight into what they are doing and you could come back here as the eCars ambassador for boards.... now wouldnt that be a sweet thing!
    Absolutely agree. Posting on social media account of a semi-state company is totally pointless, they don't care about customers by default or PR - the gov and the taxpayer pays so why doing anything?

Sending emails is the way to go, if you reach the right people high enough. Especially if for example we all agree on this thread to make a targeted campaign and start writing them persistently.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The charger itself is capable of 4 connectors on the front and 4 on the back. Any 2 DC connectors can be used at once.

If eCars were smart they'd configure it that way and mount it sideways so 2 of each connector are available, it remains to be seen if eCars have thought this far ahead.

Esb Ecars just announced a reduction in the vat rate on their tarrifs. The rates for charging are going to drop slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Esb Ecars just announced a reduction in the vat rate on their tarrifs. The rates for charging are going to drop slightly

Credit for the difference in VAT of charges (around 10%) already accrued too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

As soon as this is installed I will take a trip down. My car charges at 100kW so should get max rates from this.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

30.5c reduced from 33c for standard rates.
    29c to 26.8c for subscription payers.

But.. ya know... where the damn hubs at!?

I never had a problem with the rates to begin with, tbh, they are quite competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

The email from them also had this nugget:
    In future all transactions, on both the fast chargers and standard AC chargers (when pay for use is introduced in the coming weeks), will have the lower VAT amount included

I never had a problem with the rates to begin with, tbh, they are quite competitive.

Yup. Nice of them to be open about it all though. Easily see other business types absorbing those savings themselves.

Wonder will others (EasyGo) do something similar?

Good news. That'll free up availability on the ACs a lot.

• Advertisement

markpb wrote: »
    The email from them also had this nugget:
    To be fair, if they don't introduce them till next year, that will be 10 years of free AC charging!

I hope they are sensibly priced (eg at day rate * 1.1 or something) and not at the same rate as fast chargers.
    In saying that, I paid for a GOCharge destination charger at a hotel event , to avoid having to fast charge on the way home. The fast charge would have been cheaper (29c/kWh vs 30c/kWh on the GOCharge SCP) but it was worth it.

Good news. That'll free up availability on the ACs a lot.
    And hopefully remove a lot of the phevs that use them for free priority parking

To be fair, if they don't introduce them till next year, that will be 10 years of free AC charging!

I hope they are sensibly priced (eg at day rate * 1.1 or something) and not at the same rate as fast chargers.
    In saying that, I paid for a GOCharge destination charger at a hotel event , to avoid having to fast charge on the way home. The fast charge would have been cheaper (29c/kWh vs 30c/kWh on the GOCharge SCP) but it was worth it.

As I mentioned about 2 weeks ago (pre this VAT reduction) it will be 25c for subscriptions and 29c for PAYG. So... 23c for subscriptions and 26.8 for PAYG with the new lower fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Coincidentally, or not, Maingau just updated us with VAT news too:
    If you have watched the news lately, you might ask yourself the question: Will the planned VAT reduction in Germany have any effect on my future EinfachStromLaden-Invoices? We have a clear and easy answer for you – Yes!

The planned tax incentives of the Federal Government can only boost our economy, if companies pass them on to their customers. We want to contribute to this initiative. Therefore we will pass the new VAT of 16% for the time from 01.07. till 31.12.2020 on to you. Please find attached our updated price table, valid after July 1, 2020:

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Coincidentally, or not, Maingau just updated us with VAT news too:

Their VAT update was due to Germanys COVID stimulus package which changed the standard VAT rate from 19% to 16% for a period of 6 months from July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

And hopefully remove a lot of the phevs that use them for free priority parking

It would still be cheaper than using petrol, even if the pricing was like that of the rapids, I think it will get rid of a lot of the long range EV's that can charge at home at night rate or the people doing short commutes, or the guy I saw in a leaf sitting in his car for an hour and only getting 3 kWh's worth till he was at 100%.

As I mentioned about 2 weeks ago (pre this VAT reduction) it will be 25c for subscriptions and 29c for PAYG. So... 23c for subscriptions and 26.8 for PAYG with the new lower fees?
    Where did you get that info? Can't find anything online
    kanuseeme wrote: »
    It would still be cheaper than using petrol, even if the pricing was like that of the rapids, I think it will get rid of a lot of the long range EV's that can charge at home at night rate or the people doing short commutes, or the guy I saw in a leaf sitting in his car for an hour and only getting 3 kWh's worth till he was at 100%.
    Lol.
    You laugh at someone getting 3kWh in an hour but that's all you will ever get in the outlander. Or most other phevs.

Where did you get that info? Can't find anything online

Marvin Gaye :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

ELM327 wrote:
    I hope they are sensibly priced (eg at day rate * 1.1 or something) and not at the same rate as fast chargers. In saying that, I paid for a GOCharge destination charger at a hotel event , to avoid having to fast charge on the way home. The fast charge would have been cheaper (29c/kWh vs 30c/kWh on the GOCharge SCP) but it was worth it.

So you expect 0.17/kWh for AC?
    Not sure that's going to be the case. I'd say 0.20+

• Advertisement

McGiver wrote: »
    So you expect 0.17/kWh for AC?
    Not sure that's going to be the case. I'd say 0.20+
    I think the default day rate is 18c or so. (ie the one you get before any move of supplier or X% of discount)
    18c * 1.1 gives 19.8c, round up to 20c.

I think that works.

Alternatively a simple per hour (or per minute) charge could work

Advertisement