Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Kramer wrote: »
    Not asking to eradicate them but there was already a 50kW Chademo capable charger here, the new high power unit didn't need to be hamstrung with just one CCS connector.

CCS

Audi Audi e-tron 55
    Audi Audi e-tron 50
    BMW i3
    Honda E
    Hyundai Ioniq Electric
    Hyundai Kona Electric
    Jaguar Land Rover Jaguar I-Pace
    Kia Soul EV
    Kia e-Niro
    Mercedes-Benz EQC
    Mini Cooper SE (EV)
    Opel Zafira-e Life
    Polestar 2
    Tesla Model S
    Tesla Model X
    Tesla Model 3
    Volkswagen e-Golf
    Volkswagen ID.3
    Peugeot e208
    SEAT el-Born
    Renault........

Many, many more I can't even think of & almost everything upcoming will be CCS.

Chademo

Nissan Leaf

No Chademo car is capable of 150kW, or even 75kW really. The 62kWh Leaf doesn't reach 75kW outside of some bespoke charger in Japan apparently.
    Also, how many 62kWh Leafs have sold here? I've not seen one yet & I notice most EVs as I travel around. CCS will dominate going forward.

I guess the one saving grace is it should be easy & relatively inexpensive to reconfigure the new unit to 2x CCS.

Not to be pedantic but if you have the Model S and X as CCS then you should put them down as CHAdeMO also as both have capability to charge via Tesla CHAdeMO adapter

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,930 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

JPA wrote: »
    A 62kWh leaf can get the 75kW.
    false. 62.5kW max

slave1 wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic but if you have the Model S and X as CCS then you should put them down as CHAdeMO also as both have capability to charge via Tesla CHAdeMO adapter
    Not natively though, they have to buy the adapter.
    If you want to be super pedantic you should split Tesla into pre and post Raven. Post raven cars are sold with "native" CCS at no cost. Pre raven you had to buy the CCS adapter or the chademo adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

graememk wrote: »
    Kona, Esoul, Eniro, have the same battery + motor

Was the original Ioniq limited in a similar way? I never paid massive attention to it when it was fast charging.
    It was usually going fast enough for me to be oblivious.

Was the original Ioniq limited in a similar way? I never paid massive attention to it when it was fast charging.
    It was usually going fast enough for me to be oblivious.
    Original Ioniq was the best charging speed car, approaching 3C rates.
    It was not limited at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ELM327 wrote: »
    Original Ioniq was the best charging speed car, approaching 3C rates.
    It was not limited at all.

2C

69kW/31.6kWh(?)

KCross wrote: »
    2C

69kW/31.6kWh(?)

Original Ioniq was 28kWh net and the gross was not released.
    We are measuring the C rate in net no? For other cars. Either way, it'#s still much higher than anything else.

Original Ioniq was 28kWh net and the gross was not released.
    We are measuring the C rate in net no? For other cars. Either way, it'#s still much higher than anything else.

C rate is a function of gross not nett.

The Ioniqs party piece wasn’t its C rate but the fact that it could maintain it. The original leaf had a 2C rate also but couldn’t maintain it.

C rate is a function of gross not nett.
    As I said, regardless of that,

31kWh gross charging at 70kW peak is still over 2C.

There's nothing released in Q2 2016 that comes close. Even the Teslas of the day were not charging at 2C.

Nowadays, the etron is hailed as fast charging but it charges at less than 2C (92kWh charging at 150kW peak). Model 3 could peak at 250kW for a blink of an eye but it's really charging at 175kW for the first half of the curve. That's the closest to the Ioniq28.

I agree. C rate and peak values are irrelevant really. As I said the old Leaf could do 2C like the Ioniq but couldn’t maintain it.

What’s the average over the charge session... That’s all that counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As I said the old Leaf could do 2C like the Ioniq

Not sure what point you are trying to make and why you are twisting the facts. Ioniq could charge a lot quicker than the Leaf. And a lot quicker than 2C.

In any circumstances any weather, hot or cold even after driving it real hard for long. The Leaf not so much.

And without having any noticeable impact on its range over the years. The Leaf not so much.

And charging up to a very high SOC still at very decent charge rates (still doing over 20kW at 90% SOC iirc). The Leaf not so much.

unkel wrote: »
    Not sure what point you are trying to make and why you are twisting the facts. Ioniq could charge a lot quicker than the Leaf. And a lot quicker than 2C.

In any circumstances any weather, hot or cold even after driving it real hard for long. The Leaf not so much.

And without having any noticeable impact on its range over the years. The Leaf not so much.

And charging up to a very high SOC still at very decent charge rates (still doing over 20kW at 90% SOC iirc). The Leaf not so much.

What facts have I twisted. Read my last few posts again and come back to me.

I’m not saying the leaf is as good as the Ioniq. I even specifically clarified it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The bit I quoted: "2C like the Ioniq"

Simply false. Ioniq can charge at well over 2C.

unkel wrote: »
    The bit I quoted: "2C like the Ioniq"

Simply false. Ioniq can charge at well over 2C. Nearly 3C more like, as ELM327 posted.

You didn’t read my posts so.

It charges at 2.2C, not 3C. Much the same as all other EVs. It’s the ability to maintain it that made it special.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

I went for a drive to get a cranky baby to sleep and decided to head for Kilcullen, charge and head back. There are two Teslas charging already (one on FCP and one on HPCP) both of them started five minutes before I got here. It’ll be interesting to see how long I’ll have to wait at the “hub” before I can carry on my journey.

A chademo adaptor would be handy right about now ;o)

Edit: A few 22kW charge points wouldn’t go astray here.

Edit: 35 minute wait to get to a charge point. FCP was the first to free up. The car on the HPCP has been there for over 50 minutes so between the presumably high SoC and the Leaf now on the Chademo, I can’t imagine they’re getting much.

Edit: The TM3 was charging for an hour before they left and the spot was immediately taken by an eGolf so I left without trying the HCPC. Free charging is nice but the overstay fee should have remained :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

markpb wrote: »
    Edit: A few 22kW charge points wouldn’t go astray here.

Any sort of 'hub' should at least have about 4 'slow' AC22's in addition to the 3-4 DC's it should have (3x CCS & 1 Chademo (and an AC43))

Would be for those that will dawdle around in the shop/restaurant for an hour or 2 and are happy to slow (cheaper) charge, but then also, and probably more importantly for those cars waiting for the DC's to become available.

In 45 minutes I could get 16-17% from an AC22, meaning I'd need less time on a DC when it eventually became available... might only save me 5 minutes on the DC, but it could mean someone after me getting on the DC 5 minutes sooner..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You didn’t read my posts so.

It charges at 2.2C, not 3C. Much the same as all other EVs. It’s the ability to maintain it that made it special.

Numbers from ev-database, Max Charging Power/Battery Capacity to calculate C rate

Car|Max Charging Power (kW)|Battery Capacity (kWh)|C Rate (C)|Range Added (km/h)
    Ioniq 28|69|30.5|2.26|420|
    I3 60Ah|47|21.6|2.18|270
    e-Up! 16|40|18.7|2.14|160|
    Leaf 24|46|22|2.09|200|
    e-Golf 20.5|44|24.2|1.82|240|
    Zoe Q210|43|25.9|1.66|190|
    Leaf 30|47|30|1.57|250|
    I3 94Ah|49|33.2|1.48|270|
    e-Golf 32|40|35.8|1.12|240|

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭zg3409

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Just checking, the rates now depending on subscription are:

AC - 23/27c

50kw DC - 27/30c

150kw DC - TBC

For comparison Easygo fees are

50kW DC 40c (including VAT), overstay after 60 minutes 40c per minute. Plus activation once off fee of 27c per use.

Kinnegad is pay to fill up with easygo from today

Circle k (non esb in Athlone Free) +broken at the minute

Apple green ( non esb Birdhill ) free

Ionity price varies depending on the provider

That Circle K Athlone is a disaster, virtually permanently broken, do not depend on that one anybody.
    CHAdeMO folk, use the ESB Athlone Rapid Charger, CCS can use the Ionity beside the broken Circle K or the ESB Athlone Rapid

I was there on friday, the free dc didnt work but the Ionity stalls were on free vend (well, two of them were)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

The original leaf had a 2C rate also but couldn’t maintain it.

Happens to a lot of older models, or so i hear.

Even my S with its nerf now only charges at minimally over 1C

I was there on friday, the free dc didnt work but the Ionity stalls were on free vend (well, two of them were)

How do you know they were free, could you literally hook up without any App/Access Card?

How do you know they were free, could you literally hook up without any App/Access Card?
    Plugged in and pressed start, and I was never asked for an RFID or App

Did you happen to notice your max speed (you have the 90D yes?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

As far as I know, they are powered by 2x 75kW power modules, which can be combined if just one is in use, to output up to 150kW to a single (CCS) vehicle.

They should output just 75kW max then, on each connector, should 2 vehicles be connected simultaneously.

Can't say I'm not doing the research for everyone here anyway :D.

Confirmed, 2x 75kW modules.

sKNG22A.jpg

LB8z2a0.jpg
    Imb8CL4.jpg

A Model 3 at below 20% SoC (so capable of 120kw+) took 74.1kW while a Model S with Chademo was taking 44kW odd on the other connector, simultaneously.

Did you happen to notice your max speed (you have the 90D yes?)
    Have a 90D with chargegate nerf.
    93kW was the peak. Same on Superchargers, Ionity and ecars 150kW unit

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

false. 62.5kW max

Hi
    Not my photo just came across it today on another forum said I’d throw it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

What's almost worse is if a Leaf or Outlander is in the left space at the new "dual" unit, an Ioniq or Model 3 or many other nearside rear ported cars won't be able to access the CCS, so it's barely an improvement in my opinion.

So this is how the best selling Model 3 has to access the right charging space of these new "hubs", that's even assuming there's any point - there isn't if there's already a CCS car charging in the other space.
    You'll be sh1t out of luck.

It's ridiculous :(.

A brand new services, an open book as far as design was concerned, but no, stick with the same old antiquated install :rolleyes:.

1FXjopZ.jpg

The cable was exerting quite a pull on the charge port at this position too, wouldn't be far off breaking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭obi604

So this is how the best selling Model 3 has to access the right charging space of these new "hubs", that's even assuming there's any point - there isn't if there's already a CCS car charging in the other space.
    You'll be sh1t out of luck.

It's ridiculous :(.

A brand new services, an open book as far as design was concerned, but no, stick with the same old antiquated install :rolleyes:.

1FXjopZ.jpg

The cable was exerting quite a pull on the charge port at this position too, wouldn't be far off breaking it.

I’m obviously Missing Something. The car is reversed in at an angle. What can’t it just reverse in straight and there would not be such a pull on the cable

Or move over to the right a bit.

Advertisement