Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

liamog wrote: »
    I see the right units all the way down on the Android app :D

Looks correct to me too on iOS.

Maybe there is an example somewhere on some charge point where someone typed it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,930 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

liamog wrote: »
    I see the right units all the way down on the Android app :D
    KCross wrote: »
    Looks correct to me too on iOS.

Maybe there is an example somewhere on some charge point where someone typed it wrong.
    No, they must have fixed it in the interim.

The UK ecars app was the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So far we have two examples of eCars being bad with units, one an article by Eddie Cunningham (not eCars) and on app created by an Israeli company Driivz (also not eCars)

To be fair, I'm sure Anna from eCars has probably made the mistake on Facebook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

unkel wrote:
    Ambition 2/10 Competence 5/10 Vision 1/10
    More like this.

Ambition 9/10
    Competence 1/10
    Vision - 0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

MJohnston wrote: »
    Throw a small roof box into the mix and we could easily handle a second child.

Just a heads up, there are probably insurance and human rights implications if you transport your second child in a roof box.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What they don't know won't hurt them...

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Just a heads up, there are probably insurance and human rights implications if you transport your second child in a roof box.

;)
    What they don't know won't hurt them...

What, you mean the child will be unconscious in the roofbox ? :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

How else am I supposed to get them in there in the first place??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Worked for BA Baracus...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Anyone ever experienced this issue with fast chargers. I pulled in with over 40% battery left charged for 27mins. It says I took 31.7kwh! I drive a classic Hyundai Ioniq. Rang ecars they are looking into it for me. The girl says she has never seen this happen. I think it has just doubled the amount I actually took and billed me for it. Ever happened to anyone else?

• Advertisement

Give them an Ipad and they'll be grand, kids would do anything to get their hands on a tablet all to themselves for a few hrs....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Anyone ever experienced this issue with fast chargers. I pulled in with over 40% battery left charged for 27mins. It says I took 31.7kwh! I drive a classic Hyundai Ioniq. Rang ecars they are looking into it for me. The girl says she has never seen this happen. I think it has just doubled the amount I actually took and billed me for it. Ever happened to anyone else?

The max your Ioniq can take in theory from a CCS charger is about 26kWh! :D

So yes it looks like you got half what you paid for and you charged all the way up to 94% with lots of throttling at the end that would explain why your charge was relatively slow

Let us know what ecars come back to you with.

I'd like to see charge time for the Ioniq on the newer 150 Kw chargers, save 5-10 mins maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

unkel wrote: »
    The max your Ioniq can take in theory from a CCS charger is about 26kWh! :D

So yes it looks like you got half what you paid for and you charged all the way up to 94% with lots of throttling at the end that would explain why your charge was relatively slow

Let us know what ecars come back to you with.

Yeah had to charge up to 94% as I’m on a staycation in Carraroe. Very little chargers out this way! Usually I’d be gone off the fast charger around the 80% mark. Hopefully they get back to me with an answer

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'd like to see charge time for the Ioniq on the newer 150 Kw chargers, save 5-10 mins maybe ?

Rough example of adding 50% charge up to 80%. 14kWh, at a rate of about 46kW/hr on the 50kW chargers, vs about 68kW/hr on the 150kW charger.

@46kW/hr that's 18 minutes to get 14kWh of charge
    @68kW/hr that's 12 minutes to get 14kWh of charge.

Rough example of adding 50% charge up to 80%. 14kWh, at a rate of about 46kW/hr on the 50kW chargers, vs about 68kW/hr on the 150kW charger.

@46kW/hr that's 18 minutes to get 14kWh of charge
    @68kW/hr that's 12 minutes to get 14kWh of charge.

Cheers, still 6 mins is 6 mins. :D

Hard to believe the newer breed of 64 Kwh electrics from the Koreans can only charge at around the same rate although 70 Kw can only be achieved if I remember correctly to around 40 or 50% for the 64 Kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Rough example of adding 50% charge up to 80%. 14kWh, at a rate of about 46kW/hr 46kWh/hr on the 50kW chargers, vs about 68kW/hr 68kWh/hr on the 150kW charger.

@46kWh/hr that's 18 minutes to get 14kWh of charge
    @68kWh/hr that's 12 minutes to get 14kWh of charge.

You missed out on a few small "h" - I fixed it for you :pac:.

Kramer wrote: »
    You missed out on a few small "h" - I fixed it for you :pac:.
    the h in the numerator cancels the h in the denominator

And then you arrive at the SI unit of kW.
    I don't know why people can't grasp a simple unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

ELM327 wrote: »
    the h in the numerator cancels the h in the denominator

tenor.gif?itemid=6219070

Gotchya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Next AC unit flagged to be replaced Adare. It seems something like one per week although I haven't heard anything from Clifden.

• Advertisement

innrain wrote: »
    Next AC unit flagged to be replaced Adare. It seems something like one per week although I haven't heard anything from Clifden.
    Is there a list of all planned AC to 44kWDC conversions ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've not seen a list, though the plan indicated over 50.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Its reportedly all the ones that they haven't upgraded to the new 22kw ac ones, do we know where they are?

I didn't see a list. It appears on their map that is scheduled for replacement. They didn't do this when the were replacing ACs old with new so it must be the Zoe upgrades. I could be wrong though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=521566&stc=1&d=1596127984

I'm checking the map at random times to build statistics about the usage of different chargers. Unfortunately the ecars usage data doesn't have a y axis so you can't compare one charger from another. I'm missing cpinfo.ie when planning trips. Damn single point of failure.

There's a list. It was at an ievoa meeting I think. I'll try find it.

All I can remember is kenmare was on it

ELM327 wrote: »
    Is there a list of all planned AC to 44kWDC conversions ?

Dublin port - Complete
    Kells - Complete
    Cavan - Complete
    Drogheda - Complete
    Sligo - Complete
    Tullamore - Complete
    Killkenny city
    2 locations in Galway City
    Clifden
    Kenmare
    Athlone
    Waterford City - Complete
    Dublin City

Odd, Clonmel wasn't listed, but was done. Similar story with Adare.

This info was all only released to IEVOA about a month ago, so odd they've gone off plan already.

4 or 8 vechicle 150kW charging hub - Monasterevin (M7)

1 x 150kW + 1 x 50kW chargers:
    Kilcullen - Complete
    Galway Plaza - Complete
    Portlaoise (interesting, because they can barely get 40kW outta the existing DC in portlaoise)
    Ballinalack, Westmeath
    Carraick on Shannon
    Lahey, Donegal
    Kells

I didn't see a list. It appears on their map that is scheduled for replacement. They didn't do this when the were replacing ACs old with new so it must be the Zoe upgrades. I could be wrong though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=521566&stc=1&d=1596127984

I'm checking the map at random times to build statistics about the usage of different chargers. Unfortunately the ecars usage data doesn't have a y axis so you can't compare one charger from another. I'm missing cpinfo.ie when planning trips. Damn single point of failure.

I'm scraping the site at the moment. So far I've found 3 6 marked for replacment:
    - St. Canice's Council Car Park, Butt's Green, Kilkenny, Kilkenny
    - Station House Courtyard, Galway Road, Clifden, Galway (clifden does say the unit is faulty though, so maybe not an upgrade)
    - Heritage Centre Parking, Main Street, Adare, Limerick
    - Shankhill Dart Station, Shanganagh Wood, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin 18
    - McDonalds Car Park, Meadow Lane East, Portadown, Armagh
    - GAA Car Park, Main Street, Ashford, Wicklow (Site suggests 1 of the sockets is damaged)

EDIT: I also scraped the site for their peak times usage, trying to see if there was a rhyme or reason to it. Best suggestion i've heard is that the measurements they return on the website are an accumulation of hours usage. The higher the number, the more used the charger is, but also the longer the charger exists, the higher the number is. It does give some indication I guess.

Dublin port - Complete
    Kells - Complete
    Cavan - Complete
    Drogheda - Complete
    Sligo - Complete
    Tullamore
    Killkenny city
    2 locations in Galway City
    Clifden
    Kenmare
    Athlone
    Waterford City - Complete
    Dublin City

Odd, Clonmel wasn't listed, but was done. Similar story with Adare.

This info was all only released to IEVOA about a month ago, so odd they've gone off plan already.
    Tullamore is completed as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Tullamore is completed as well

and it replaced one of the newer 22kW posts too, so the theory that they're only replacing the older ones isn't true.

Advertisement