Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker Query

• 04-02-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

have searched, but cannot find exact same scenario in other similar threads.
    Back in mid 00's we were on a tracker (1% over ECB rate).
    We were encouraged and moved to a cheaper fixed rate.
    At the end of the period, bank sent us a letter saying that we would be put on to a standard variable rate unless we asked to go back on the tracker. I don't remember getting that letter, but they sent a copy of it when I queried it. So, I might have.

But, my question is, after the fixed rate, should we have reverted back on the tracker automatically, as that is what we had before the fixed rate? Rather than being offered the opportunity to go back on it?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yes they should have moved you back to your tracker.

Tracker mortgage scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kroc

thanks for that. I'll chase them and see what happens.

One can only try!!

Advertisement