Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overcharged For "Out of Bundle" Broadband

• 04-02-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

I've just received my latest bill from eir, to be confronted with Out of Bundle expenses for Broadband.

I'm being charged an additional €27.50.

I contacted the live chat (useless), who tried to tell me there is a cap of 1Tb on the unlimited broadband provided. 

I did not exceed 1TB - my usage for Jan was 723gb. Furthermore, i've often exceeded 1TB and have never been charged before.

Anyhow I thought Eir was supposed to be truly "unlimited" now? 

I went onto a new contract back in November, and If my contract terms were changed relating to Broadband, without this being explained to me, i'd like to now know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've just received my latest bill from eir, to be confronted with Out of Bundle expenses for Broadband.

I contacted the live chat (useless), who tried to tell me there is a cap of 1Tb on the unlimited broadband provided. 

I did not exceed 1TB - my usage for Jan was 723gb. Furthermore, i've often exceeded 1TB and have never been charged before.

I went onto a new contract back in November, and If my contract terms were changed relating to Broadband, without this being explained to me, i'd like to now know
    Hi gerrybbadd, 

Could you PM the following details and I can check what this extra charge is?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi gerrybbadd, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    PM Sent

Hi gerrybbadd, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    PM Sent
    Hi gerrybbadd, 

As soon as I receive your PM I will be able to look into this for you. 

Grainne

Hi gerrybbadd, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    PM Sent
    Hi gerrybbadd, 

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I'll PM again, not sure why you didn't receive the first one

Hi gerrybbadd, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    PM Sent
    Hi gerrybbadd, 

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I'll PM again, not sure why you didn't receive the first one
    No problem gerrybbadd, 

As soon as I get your PM I will respond. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Morbeous

Did you get an update on this as the T&Cs mention no usage limit?

https: //www .eir .ie /policy/

Morbeous wrote: »

Howdy Morbeous

I could changed over onto a different plan that has unlimited broadband. Apparently i was subject to a 1TB cap before this

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Morbeous

Morbeous wrote: »

Howdy Morbeous

I could changed over onto a different plan that has unlimited broadband. Apparently i was subject to a 1TB cap before this
    I guess im still on the 1TB cap.  What they should do is move everyone over to the new plan.  Just underhand tactics from Eir to charge more.  My contract runs out in May and I will probably move to Sky.  Can never get through when I try to phone Eir and can't be bothered to waste my time trying anymore.  If they value my custom then they would at least make sure they have enough staff to answer the telephone calls.  Shocking customer service from this company.

Advertisement