Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home - impossible to contact Eir

Options
  • 04-02-2019 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi - I rang Eir on the 18th of January to notify that I would have moved home on the 4th of February. I never heard anything back since, and I have moved home already. How can I get in touch with anyone in Eir? I spent around 2 hours a day in the past week trying to get through!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mistermu

Mistermu wrote: »
    hi - I rang Eir on the 18th of January to notify that I would have moved home on the 4th of February. I never heard anything back since, and I have moved home already. How can I get in touch with anyone in Eir? I spent around 2 hours a day in the past week trying to get through!
    hi Eir Customer care - can you please acknowledge this query? I also spoke to the developer, and they confirmed Eir didn't even show up at the meeting. So now I know you cannot provide the service, but you still haven't told me. Shocking customer "service".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi Mistermu, 

You will need to fill in the information in this link

Once our moving home team receive this they will process your request and will be in contact with you. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Mistermu, 

You will need to fill in the information in this

Once our moving home team receive this they will process your request and will be in contact with you. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    hi Grainne,

I already did the below:

1) filled that form twice
    2)managed to get through to the moving home team via phone on the 18th of Jan and explained my situation.
    3)posted here
    4)spent probably 5 hours on the phone trying to talk to the move home team again in the past 2 days.

I moved home on the 4th of February, so now I am currently being charged for a service I don't receive.

Also when I rang the move home team on the 18th of January, they told me I would have been contacted in 5/10 working days.

It seems the team is delaying the process on purpose. 

thanks

Hi Mistermu, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    hi Grainne,

I already did the below:

2)managed to get through to the moving home team via phone on the 18th of Jan and explained my situation.
    3)posted here
    4)spent probably 5 hours on the phone trying to talk to the move home team again in the past 2 days.

I moved home on the 4th of February, so now I am currently being charged for a service I don't receive.

Also when I rang the move home team on the 18th of January, they told me I would have been contacted in 5/10 working days.

thanks
    the most frustrating thing here is that the developer already told me Eir won't be able to provide any service in the building, as they never showed up...

Hi Mistermu, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    hi Grainne,

I already did the below:

3)posted here

thanks
    the most frustrating thing here is that the developer already told me Eir won't be able to provide any service in the building, as they never showed up...
    Hi Mistermu, 

If you have spoken with a member of that team they will be in contact with you. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi Mistermu, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    hi Grainne,

I already did the below:

3)posted here

thanks
    Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    After more than a month and 8 calls plus 8 hours of waiting on the phone, I am yet to be contacted.

Can this be considered a breach on Eir's side? I am not receiving any service, no update, and I will still be billed.

Shocking is an understatement.

Hi Mistermu, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    hi Grainne,

I already did the below:

3)posted here

thanks
    Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    After more than a month and 8 calls plus 8 hours of waiting on the phone, I am yet to be contacted.

Can this be considered a breach on Eir's side? I am not receiving any service, no update, and I will still be billed.

Shocking is an understatement.
    Hi Mistermu, 

Sincere apologies you have not been contacted by this team. 

Could you PM the following details?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. The email you used when you filled in the form?

As soon as I get this information I will attempt to contact this team. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"After more than a month and 8 calls plus 8 hours of waiting on the phone, I am yet to be contacted."

Spending this amount of time on the phone to a company that you are paying to provide a service is clearly off the wall.

The lesson is clear highlight it here on boards and your problem will be fast tracked.

While this works, unfortunately it does not drive improved service for everyone else. It's queue jumping.

If everyone just gave them a max of 15 minutes and escalated to ComReg, Eir would have to improve.

As long as boards operate as a release valve, it not going to get any better.

If you get messed around email your bill and DOB to ccm@eir.ie. Not fixed within 10 days escalate to ComReg.

paddy19 wrote: »
    "After more than a month and 8 calls plus 8 hours of waiting on the phone, I am yet to be contacted."

Spending this amount of time on the phone to a company that you are paying to provide a service is clearly off the wall.

The lesson is clear highlight it here on boards and your problem will be fast tracked.

While this works, unfortunately it does not drive improved service for everyone else. It's queue jumping.

If everyone just gave them a max of 15 minutes and escalated to ComReg, Eir would have to improve.

If you get messed around email your bill and DOB to ccm@eir.ie. Not fixed within 10 days escalate to ComReg.
    Paddy, I agree with your points and I will contact the ComReg too.

At this stage however I'm trying everything to get an answer....

Hi Mistermu, 

I am following this up with our moving home team. 

As soon as I get an update I will advise. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    hi Grainne,

Can you please give me an update?

thanks

Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    hi Grainne,

thanks
    Hi Mistermu, 

I am getting this investigated at the moment.

As soon as I get an update I will be in contact with you

My apologies for the delay

Grainne

Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    hi Grainne,

thanks
    Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    hi Grainne,

Can you please help me understand what is causing the delay? Eir either can or cannot provide the service.

how can it take more than a month to perform this check and let me know?

Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    hi Grainne,

thanks
    Hi Mistermu, 

Grainne
    hi Grainne,

Can you please help me understand what is causing the delay? Eir either can or cannot provide the service.

how can it take more than a month to perform this check and let me know?
    Hi Mistermu, 

I will update you in PM's

Thanks, 
    Grainne

For anybody following this thread, the suggestion is to ring the same department again. After 8 times I have been ringing them with over 8 hours waiting. I am quite curious to see what will make this time different. Grainne, on what grounds can I cancel my contract with Eir without being charged a penalty? This is now becoming ridiculous, and I will refer Eir to the Com Reg!

For anybody following this thread, the suggestion is to ring the same department again. After 8 times I have been ringing them with over 8 hours waiting. I am quite curious to see what will make this time different. Grainne, on what grounds can I cancel my contract with Eir without being charged a penalty? This is now becoming ridiculous, and I will refer Eir to the Com Reg!
    Adding to the above Eir is asking me to sign a new contract without even confirming they can provide the services! Is this even legal???

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you Mistermu, 

I have sent you a follow-up PM. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Orla_B44

Adding to the above Eir is asking me to sign a new contract without even confirming they can provide the services! Is this even legal???
    Hey,
    We moved home back in November and are still having a complete nightmare with the moving home team. They are impossible to contact and when you do eventually speak to someone they do absolutely nothing.  They opened a new account for us and have still failed to close the old account. My have cut off my mobile phone service and they have attempted to charge us €140 for not returning the old equipment (I have a tracking number for this which says it was delivered on 7th Jan).
    Whatever you do, do not sign a new contract with them and cancel your direct debit if you have one.
    This company are the worst of the worst!!!  

Orla_B44 wrote: »
    Hey,
    We moved home back in November and are still having a complete nightmare with the moving home team. They are impossible to contact and when you do eventually speak to someone they do absolutely nothing.  They opened a new account for us and have still failed to close the old account. My have cut off my mobile phone service and they have attempted to charge us €140 for not returning the old equipment (I have a tracking number for this which says it was delivered on 7th Jan).
    Whatever you do, do not sign a new contract with them and cancel your direct debit if you have one.
    thank you Orla! I totally agree. When I first rang they tried to trap me into a 2 year contract of 55 euro a month for my mobile. As of now Eir do not even know if they can provide the broadband/TV services at my new address, as it is a new development. 

Orla_B44 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Hi Orla_B44, 

Sincere apologies that this has happened. 

Could you PM the following details and I will investigate this for you? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address (for both accounts)
    3. Account Number (for the two accounts)
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I will investigate the charges

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Advertisement

New chapter in this Eir joke. Now I have received the bill charging me for services I am not receiving, and for which Eir failed to contact me for over a month. Does anybody know if Eir can be considered negligent and hence in breach of the contract?

New chapter in this Eir joke. Now I have received the bill charging me for services I am not receiving, and for which Eir failed to contact me for over a month. Does anybody know if Eir can be considered negligent and hence in breach of the contract?
    Hi Mistermu, 

I can see you were in contact with our customer care team on Friday. 

I will follow up with this agent about this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Mistermu, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I escalated the issue with the Com Reg, so they were probably in touch with Eir. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

Hi Mistermu, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I escalated the issue with the Com Reg, so they were probably in touch with Eir. Hopefully they'll be able to help.
    Thanks for letting me know Mistermu, 

An agent in our complaints team will be in contact with you once comreg get in contact with them. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement