Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish food

Options
  • 04-02-2019 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi there, does anyone have recommendations for "traditional Irish" food in the city. We have some non Irish work force coming over for a visit. Or maybe a pub with decent Irish food that offers Irish music/ dance or some sort of entertainment. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bosupe wrote: »
    Hi there, does anyone have recommendations for "traditional Irish" food in the city. We have some non Irish work force coming over for a visit. Or maybe a pub with decent Irish food that offers Irish music/ dance or some sort of entertainment. Thank you!

Murty Rabbits do this sort of thing well. Let them know in advance and they'll arrange to have entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

<Helpful posts please>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

I could do them some chewy grey meat, thick bisto and squelchy cabbage, if interested. Or if they want real traditional, a big pot of spuds and buttermilk is not too difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Riordan's on Quay Street has general Irish grub.
    Then Quay's Bar next door has Irish music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

What about somewhere fish based like Morans in Kilcolgan or O'Grady's in Barna (or somewhere city based that I can't think of right now ) or Hooked in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    Riordan's on Quay Street has general Irish grub.

I guess it depends on the level of the non Irish workforce. But its probably not the type of vibe I'd expect most of my colleagues to enjoy. Its not bad. Just not workplace ish.

Advertisement