Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timberland.ie returns issue

Options
  • 04-02-2019 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question.
    I ordered a pair of boots from timberland.ie because the website said that there was free delivery and returns. I got an email from Timberland Ireland to say my order had shipped.
    I received the order but the boots didn't fit so I went through the returns process of creating and printing the return label. A courier was supposed to pick them up, but the courier never showed.
    I emailed customer care last Friday but I got no reply. I rang customer care on their 1800 a few minutes ago and the agent I was talking to told me that the courier can't collect the package from me because I'm in Ireland. I asked could I return the boots to the store in Cork City but that was a no also. He said he didn't know what I'm supposed do so he'll have to pass the case onto his manager.

Is there something very strange about all of this? Why on Earth do they have a .ie website, mention Ireland in the email, and have an 1800 number and then can't return items because I'm in Ireland?! I would have thought it was a complete scam only for the fact that I did receive my order.
    I presume I'll be told to send the package back by registered post, but surely I'll be entitled to a refund of the cost of postage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Free returns usually means that they don't charge a restocking fee if you simply change your mind. Some retailers also cover the cost of carriage to return items. It's quite common that people mix up free returns and free pickup

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

When you speak to them again point them to their own returns procedure on their Irish website

https://www.timberland.ie/customer-service/returns.html

Advertisement