Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching made difficult.

• 04-02-2019 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

I have broadband (BB) and voice over broadband. The phone has never been used (not even plugged in) as we have bill pay mobiles. 

When I tried to switch BB provider, I was asked for my UAN and the landline phone number. There is a UAN on my bill, but I later noticed that I have 2 separate UANs. 

There is a BB UAN and a VOBB UAN. 

It seems like I have to ask Eir to:
    1. switch me over to normal landline phone (wall socket)
    2. give me the new phone number
    3. give me the new UAN.

Here was me thinking that switching was easy and could be done online with a few clicks. And that's after the hours spent trawling through the online offers, comparing Sky TV to the others, comparing the vast multitude of packages available. 

I would like my phone switched over without having to wait for hours on hold.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I have broadband (BB) and voice over broadband. The phone has never been used (not even plugged in) as we have bill pay mobiles. 

When I tried to switch BB provider, I was asked for my UAN and the landline phone number. There is a UAN on my bill, but I later noticed that I have 2 separate UANs. 

There is a BB UAN and a VOBB UAN. 

It seems like I have to ask Eir to:
    • switch me over to normal landline phone (wall socket)
    • give me the new phone number
    • give me the new UAN.

[*]

Here was me thinking that switching was easy and could be done online with a few clicks. And that's after the hours spent trawling through the online offers, comparing Sky TV to the others, comparing the vast multitude of packages available. 

I would like my phone switched over without having to wait for hours on hold.
    [*]
    Hi joseph brand, 

I have responded to your other post. 

Grainne

Advertisement