Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Towing with and without a licence

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Do I have to do a theory test again if I got my B licence prior to theory test coming in but have done the theory test for C Licence and hold a C licence learner permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

mickdw wrote: »
    Do I have to do a theory test again if I got my B licence prior to theory test coming in but have done the theory test for C Licence and hold a C licence learner permit.

You do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

I've got A B C D W , my resolution for 2018 was to get B+E

I didn't do one fcuking lesson.

2019.. this is the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

pa990 wrote: »
    I've got A B C D W , my resolution for 2018 was to get B+E

I didn't do one fcuking lesson.

2019.. this is the year.

Why don't you do CE ?

If you already have A B C D, then CE would give you BE, CE and DE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭blackbox

The whole thing should be scrapped imo and everyone should just be able to tow on their B licence.

Its only in the last few years I even knew there was such a thing as the BE licence (and if I didn't read about it on this forum I probably still wouldn't tbh as its never something you hear about) despite spending years pulling heavy loads with jeeps and vans that would have been well in excess of the limits (in many cases even too heavy for a BE licence).

Add to that the fact I'm towing very large loads with very large trailers perfectly legally since I was 16 with tractors I can't really see the point of the BE. I was towing a 15 tonne load perfectly legally a few weeks ago with tractor and trailer yet I could be illegal pulling a bit of a tonne with a jeep, makes zero sense to me.

If you're that good, you should have no problem passing a test. You might even be able to give the instructor and tester a few pointers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Cost me €300 odd to get my BE license a few years ago, between the license fees, thoery test, 2x lessons just so I knew the test route and had use of their horse box with all the concrete blocks in-situ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Tzardine wrote: »
    You do.

Not true. If a theory test for C or D categories is on the driver record or presented for an application, the applicant can also apply for the BE category.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CiniO wrote: »
    Why don't you do CE ?

It would also give you C1E, D1E.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

VOSA aka DVSA? Text book merchants Wanna be cops who have their own interpretation of the EU regs.
    A private company for profit.

Still resulted in the DOE being shown as being completely corrupt and our introduction of commercial vehicle inspectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

CiniO wrote: »
    Why don't you do CE ?

It'll be easier & cheaper to do BE, no interest in ever driving CE

• Advertisement
Advertisement