Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port marked as complete, not receiving calls or SMS

• 04-02-2019 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭

So, like a number of others, I have ported from another network into Eir. Porting was done last Friday, 48 passed at around midday Sunday. Store staff confirmed port was marked as 'complete' on Saturday morning.

Yet, no calls or SMS are received. Also, because this is an iPhone, every once in a while my phone is trying to do the iCloud activation. This requires an activation code back from Apple, so, 11 SMS sent so far, out of bundle so I will be charged for them.

So, someone get back to me ASAP on this. I moved to Eir first as a 'trial' to see how it would work out for my family, but it isn't looking very good!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

slith wrote: »
    So, like a number of others, I have ported from another network into Eir. Porting was done last Friday, 48 passed at around midday Sunday. Store staff confirmed port was marked as 'complete' on Saturday morning.

Yet, no calls or SMS are received. Also, because this is an iPhone, every once in a while my phone is trying to do the iCloud activation. This requires an activation code back from Apple, so, 11 SMS sent so far, out of bundle so I will be charged for them.

So, someone get back to me ASAP on this. I moved to Eir first as a 'trial' to see how it would work out for my family, but it isn't looking very good!
    Hi slith, 

Sorry to hear this is happening. 

Could you PM the following details?
    1. Mobile Number
    2. Registered Name
    3. Registered Address
    4. Account Number
    5. DOB
    6. Are you the Account Holder? 

As soon as I get this information I can check this with our technical team. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

Well, posting this here because this is beyond ridiculous.

I've been told that porting was incomplete, that is now complete and that I should turn my phone off for 5 minutes. I've been told this twice and of course, there has been no change in the problem after the 5 minute off procedure. In their last update I've been told, again, the port was incomplete and that if in 24 hours it hasn't been resolved it will be escalated further. Turning off the phone has done, again, nothing at all.

24 hours for a porting that should have happened on Sunday already. 3 days too late, 5 days without a working number.

I've been given a technical team phone number to ring, this number takes my account number and then hangs up. Every time.

At this point I believe a formal complaint to ComReg may be the only appropriate course of action. Eir is pretending to be a mobile phone service provider but in fact it does not provide such service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

slith wrote: »
    Well, posting this here because this is beyond ridiculous.

I've been told that porting was incomplete, that is now complete and that I should turn my phone off for 5 minutes. I've been told this twice and of course, there has been no change in the problem after the 5 minute off procedure. In their last update I've been told, again, the port was incomplete and that if in 24 hours it hasn't been resolved it will be escalated further. Turning off the phone has done, again, nothing at all.

24 hours for a porting that should have happened on Sunday already. 3 days too late, 5 days without a working number.

I've been given a technical team phone number to ring, this number takes my account number and then hangs up. Every time.

At this point I believe a formal complaint to ComReg may be the only appropriate course of action. Eir is pretending to be a mobile phone service provider but in fact it does not provide such service.
    Hi slith, 

I have updated you in PM's

Grainne

Advertisement