Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm internal bell s30

Options
  • 05-02-2019 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys does anyone know where I might find a internal bell s30 for an astec alarm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

jp1000 wrote: »
    Hi guys does anyone know where I might find a internal bell s30 for an astec alarm?

Have a look here on adverts, that system is obsolete but you may pick one up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

jp1000 wrote: »

Might have a few old ones lying around. There was very rarely an issue with them. What faults are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jp1000

KoolKid wrote: »
    Might have a few old ones lying around. There was very rarely an issue with them. What faults are you getting?

Its my uncles alarm and it keeps going off randomly even if the alarm is not set. My brother checked the log and he said it was showing a sounder fault, there is only 2 bells 1 inside and 1 outside. He did the bell test and the internal bell would not ring, the external one rang fine ( outside bell box is a hkc running off an s22 module). My uncle also said the first time this fault happened the internal bell was making a hiccuping noise. So I think it’s the internal bell what do you think?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it an Astec fusion by any chance?
    Older Astec should say Bell Fault or SAB Fault?

Is it an Astec fusion by any chance?
    Older Astec should say Bell Fault or SAB Fault?

Its an astec 63dv panel. I asked my brother what it said in the log and he said it had 3 bell faults and 2 sab faults! I can only think that the faulty internal bell is bringing down the sounder bus. Either way the internal sounder isn’t working so i will replace that first, that’s if i can get my hands on one.

• Advertisement

It might also be the other way round.
    I would try connect the internal on its own first then vice versa.

It might also be the other way round.
    I would try connect the internal on its own first then vice versa.

Good idea thanks. You mentioned you might have a few of the internal sounders lying about, would you sell one if you have it?

I wouldn't be selling them as they are now new. But your welcome to one if its working.

I wouldn't be selling them as they are now new. But your welcome to one if its working.

I’ve sent you a PM

Advertisement