Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ZiabR wrote: »
    Best I could manage last night was 2nd. Had rotten luck with a few jumps, landing in an area with 2-3 other squads. The amount of fist fights last night was insane. I hope they stick with the 60 player cap. I dont think this would work with 100 players.

The map is not big enough for more than 60. I think they've nailed the map size perfectly.

Someone ealier said that other BR games will start nicking the ping mechanic, I can see them nicking the way they've done the attachements too. Telling me the one I'm looking at is an improvement or not, auto attaching it. Such a small QoL improvement over the other BR games, it makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of the game. I'm still not great, but I can enjoy my mediocrity a little more.

AdamD wrote: »
    Bangalore is horrific, only reason to bother with it is to make smoke for a Bloodhound.

That seems to be the meta thats developing though, Bangalore Bloodhound Lifeline (maybe pathfinder for the heads up on the next circle).

Personally I prefer Gibraltar and Pathfinder.

I am trying to get a win with each, 2 down 6 to go, then I'll concentrate on the ones I like.

Vast majority were using Bangalore, Bloodline and Wraith last night in the twitch rivals tournament. That tournament is a pub stomp though so speed is essential. There might be a different meta if a competitive mode was ever devised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Vast majority were using Bangalore, Bloodline and Wraith last night in the twitch rivals tournament. That tournament is a pub stomp though so speed is essential. There might be a different meta if a competitive mode was ever devised.

Life line, mirage/bloodhound and wrath are mainly my games. I actually find lifeline amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That tournament is a pub stomp though so speed is essential.

Each character has the same base speed though. That is 100% confirmed.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    Each character has the same base speed though. That is 100% confirmed.

Yes but all three have abilities to increase their movement speed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yes but all three have abilities to increase their movement speed

That is true.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I need to get with a squad. PM me if you are playing regularly. Lifeline/Gibraltar main. Xbox One X

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw a great line on Reddit that perfectly describes why I got into this and why I can't deal with Fortnite.

"When you shoot someone in Apex they don't suddenly turn into an 8 storey building."

I hope they never add building into it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw a great line on Reddit that perfectly describes why I got into this and why I can't deal with Fortnite.

"When you shoot someone in Apex they don't suddenly turn into an 8 storey building."

I hope they never add building into it.

You can see fortnight players sometimes, sitting out in the open by choice in the middle of a fight, not using actual cover

• Advertisement

Its a common thing for people who are new to battle royales to play like that, I know I'm certainly guilty of it myself. The thing is, the game is essentially about gunfighting, and the only way to get better at that, is , well, more gunfighting.

Another way to look at it - the longer you spend avoiding people, the more time you're giving them to pick up better weapons and armor, only making the inevitable battle that much harder.

At least in Apex legends, starting another round after a wipe is relatively fast, You've time to go make a cup of tea in between rounds of PUBG on xbox.

You get the most xp by surviving, kills gives you very little.

You get the most xp by surviving, kills gives you very little.

But the more you practice your killing, the more effective you'll be at end game, leading to more wins, with said survival bonus.

Says the guy with 2 wins, a grand total of 25 kills, and last night feeling like he was getting worse at the game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

First time playing this today, I like it a lot.

Highlights so far are sprinting to the circle while my health flitters away and dropping an enemy squad while they were looting my dead teammate.
    The gunplay feels great.

Been using Lifeline so far, will have to give someone else a spin soon.

But the more you practice your killing, the more effective you'll be at end game, leading to more wins, with said survival bonus.

Says the guy with 2 wins, a grand total of 25 kills, and last night feeling like he was getting worse at the game

Mastiff at end game and you should win tbh. This game at times is very much gun and end of game placement on map can win games for you more so than skill at times. I know I've beat better players thanks to my gear and positioning before the circle closed down and I was in the only cover

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not always true. If the relay station is the opposite side of the map Imma wait for it. Its a massively good loot area near other good loot areas, gear up quick I'll usually get my ult as lifeline pretty quick. Can set yourself up massively while other squads wipe themselves.

I got downed yesterday and bled out, so did my other team mate left one guy solo with a circle close to very close gun play. 2 other squads. He was actually trailing a squad of 3, ended up below them under some stairs, li and behold the other two squads wiped each other out and he got the victory by killing one guy all game.

The point of the game is to win. Sometimes it's not sexy play but smart play that wins

I think his point is that if you want to improve and thus do better in the long run, you're better off with some 'hotter' drops. Busier games = more experience to improve.

As with all BRs though, play the way you want to play.

This game at times is very much gun and end of game placement on map can win games for you more so than skill at times.
    I know I've beat better players thanks to my gear and positioning before the circle closed down and I was in the only cover
    My fifth game, my squad came third because I went sneaking and would let squads fight eachother.
    The others died waaaaaaaay outside the new zone.
    Only had to start fighting when the circle started pushing me near a Bloodhound.

I have only killed 5 so far, mainly getting knockdowns and assists but one of them was that rounds kill leader.
    Wasn't expecting a noob to come flying over their cover with a shotgun. :pac:

That clip above is great but when I go for the revive the camera zooms right in, so it can be tough to block incoming fire.

My fifth game, my squad came third because I went sneaking and would let squads fight eachother.
    The others died waaaaaaaay outside the new zone.
    Only had to start fighting when the circle started pushing me near a Bloodhound.

I have only killed 5 so far, mainly getting knockdowns and assists but one of them was that rounds kill leader.
    Wasn't expecting a noob to come flying over their cover with a shotgun. :pac:

That clip above is great but when I go for the revive the camera zooms right in, so it can be tough to block incoming fire.
    Using her myself. Usually on mic so have the where did he come from, have the down guy looking that direction tagging the enemy, call out if he's throwing a nade or charging, ideally the downed teammate can crawl to somewhere safe for rez

Using her myself.
    Usually on mic so have the where did he come from, have the down guy looking that direction tagging the enemy, call out if he's throwing a nade or charging, ideally the downed teammate can crawl to somewhere safe for rez
    Ah, I've only had one on mic so far and they were a child.
    Out of the games I played, had two deadsticks and two teammates dissconnect.
    Still making a dent though, feels like one of those games where even failing is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

By far my favourite BR game. Up to level 25 and 20 wins or there abouts. Can't get enough of this.

• Advertisement

I agree the game is no fun if you are not killing but i like the way it's nicely balanced and you can be skilful at support and defence while not necessarily being a bad ass killer.

I seem to keep dipping into a skill level that's above me, spend half a day getting no kills before the matchmaking drops me back down where I can get a decent run. Or as Mirage would say, maybe not! Could just be me :-)

I agree the game is no fun if you are not killing but i like the way it's nicely balanced and you can be skilful at support and defence while not necessarily being a bad ass killer.

I seem to keep dipping into a skill level that's above me, spend half a day getting no kills before the matchmaking drops me back down where I can get a decent run. Or as Mirage would say, maybe not! Could just be me :-)

I don't mind games where I get no or very few kills. Biggest game I had was 5 kills. Fupping delighted with that. My two wins came from the work of a clanmate.

Last night was just terrible. Some bad play from me, sheer and utter bad luck with dropping into a hot zone and being 2 seconds behind someone else getting a gun, and being teamed with some really thick blueberries. Still, am getting better at using the Legends abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah, I've only had one on mic so far and they were a child.
    Out of the games I played, had two deadsticks and two teammates dissconnect.
    Still making a dent though, feels like one of those games where even failing is fun.

the ping system is an absolute godsend. Proper callouts and indicators, Hopefully it wont be too long before other games start copying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Anyone using Pathfinder? I love just zipping around behind / above people. Massive advantages from that. Starting to rack up the kills now.

I don't mind games where I get no or very few kills. Biggest game I had was 5 kills. Fupping delighted with that. My two wins came from the work of a clanmate.

Last night was just terrible. Some bad play from me, sheer and utter bad luck with dropping into a hot zone and being 2 seconds behind someone else getting a gun, and being teamed with some really thick blueberries. Still, am getting better at using the Legends abilities.

This played a game with nix and a mate the other day, I'm not as good as them but I play lifeline, do my part, they both got killed, I kited around for a bit, picked up there tags, eventually the enemy copped I was still about and started firing, I made a beeline to the balloon and got the **** out of there. I ended the game with 2 kills, I think they had 9 or 10 between them.

Was my two revives less important than them fragging out? I personally don't think so since we would of been wiped out if I went in guns blazing to try take out the team instead of doing a drive by for the banners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Sight808 wrote: »
    Anyone using Pathfinder? I love just zipping around behind / above people. Massive advantages from that. Starting to rack up the kills now.

Also my favourite legend :)

The zip line has some range on it. Can get a very good vantage point for your team. His passive is also helpful when playing with a squad that is communicating. You can get to the next zone and set up an ambush before most others start heading that direction.

killanena wrote: »
    Also my favourite legend :)

The zip line has some range on it. Can get a very good vantage point for your team. His passive is also helpful when playing with a squad that is communicating. You can get to the next zone and set up an ambush before most others start heading that direction.
    I've never even tried him for some reason. At the stage now I'm too embarrassed to pick him because of the zero kill stat.

Service outage message when you launch on xbox :eek:

Think something is going wrong somewhere.
    I've my headset in and turned on, can see the mic icon that lets you know when someone is speaking but there is no voice coming through.
    Service outage message when you launch on xbox :eek:
    Did you do the update?

• Advertisement

Think something is going wrong somewhere.
    I've my headset in and turned on, can see the mic icon that lets you know when someone is speaking but there is no voice coming through.

Did you do the update?
    Yeah it's since the update

Edit: it's back

Advertisement