Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Resubbed to origin access premier for a month to check out Anthem and got free legendary weapon skin and 1k credits for Apex Legends , better than a kick in the arse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Dcully wrote:
    Resubbed to origin access premier for a month to check out Anthem and got free legendary weapon skin and 1k credits for Apex Legends , better than a kick in the arse

I got the same, used the 1k credits to buy 10 packs. Got some nice skins out of them :)

Whats the story with the lttle stat cards that pop up before a match - sometimes it'll show the number of kills I got in the last match, other times its zero? and then there are other lads whose kills are up and around 2 or 3 hundred?
    It's kills per character. At end of a game it shows you how many kills in that game, otherwise it's your total count for that character.

Yes, some guys are in the hundreds :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I find I'm getting ambushed a lot. What's people tactics for moving around? Just run from in door to indoor as fast as possible? Skulk around cover slowly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

fixxxer wrote: »
    I find I'm getting ambushed a lot. What's people tactics for moving around? Just run from in door to indoor as fast as possible? Skulk around cover slowly?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c65850b4b2f6d3363c24ec7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You need to be aware of things like where other teams are likely to drop, how you're entering the circle etc. If you're moving towards the circle, is there likely to be a team moving in from your left/right/behind you? Can figure this out based on where other named locations are. If there's a named location beside you and only 2 paths to the circle, you know that whatever team survived that location should be coming from that direction. If you've just been in a gunfight, another team will most likely have heard it and will be looking to clean you up after so you'll need to be ready for that. Similarly if you hear a gunfight, its not necessarily good to get instantly involved, maybe wait til you see people go down or wait until its finished to clean the surviving team up!

Other things like blue loot drops/medic loot drops coming in are likely to draw teams to areas at certain times.

All about map awareness and trying to predict where people are likely to be moving.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You also need to remember that if any of them are the tracker guy, they can see you coming :)

This is a game that allows for some very swank and fast movement, so I find that's your best bet - keep moving and making use of the slide to get speed boosts as you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

use the russian Kadochnikov system
    https://coub.com/view/19r063

Just had a win there and you couldnt script it lol.
    So we downed a squad and after looting boxes i encountered a bug where i couldnt move apart from crawl speed, it was as if the guy i revived transfered his crawl speed to me but i could still shoot and use abilities etc.
    4 squads left we proceeded toward the final circle.
    Luckily despite our squad taking fire they ignored me and focused on the able bodies guys , on i limp into a building practically un-noticed, tho teams left the guys outside rush, they thought we were only 2 strong but there was I in the corner to finish their last two of as they were sure they had won when they downed me 2 standing buddies :)
    I couldnt stop laughing as we said previously when i got the bug "imagine if we won this" , moral of the story is everyone is looking for fast moving bodies and not the ones they think are downed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a sprint bug a few times, it's weird as it's like you've got low FPS but only when trying to sprint as you move normally when walking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Couldn't sleep last night and watching youtubers on this. First watched "Is Dizzy better than Shroud" seriously impressive, at one point he was engaged in a 1v3 while trying to keep his downed team mate alive. He more or less won the game solo, the movement and the awareness is just another level.

Then watched "Shroud's best game #2", which was equally impressive.

One of the (many) things that sets these guys apart is the decision making. They immediately know who to focus ion. I haven't played this but typically when I stumble upon multiple enemies, more often than not I'll evenly distribute bullets between them all. The ability not to panic must be a great skill to possess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Couldn't sleep last night and watching youtubers on this. First watched "Is Dizzy better than Shroud" seriously impressive, at one point he was engaged in a 1v3 while trying to keep his downed team mate alive. He more or less won the game solo, the movement and the awareness is just another level.

Then watched "Shroud's best game #2", which was equally impressive.

One of the (many) things that sets these guys apart is the decision making. They immediately know who to focus ion. I haven't played this but typically when I stumble upon multiple enemies, more often than not I'll evenly distribute bullets between them all. The ability not to panic must be a great skill to possess.

A lot of the time, it seems like their enemies are absolutely hopeless, they seem to get ample time to back off and heal or reload. I know the lads I seem to come up against have no qualms about chasing me down and killing me at the first sign of weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

aye maybe it's just heavy editing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

A lot of the time, it seems like their enemies are absolutely hopeless, they seem to get ample time to back off and heal or reload. I know the lads I seem to come up against have no qualms about chasing me down and killing me at the first sign of weakness.

That's because its easier to follow the smell of a dirty nappy when you sh*t yourself in the middle of a fire fight, when you realise you have no med kits or ammo left :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Haven't played an online game properly in about 5 years.

So I started my first match, landed, and realised I have zero weapons on me. The other two lads that were with me had weapons on them.

Am I missing something? Why did I start the game with no weapons?

I am sooo confused and such a noob. Everything I learned playing online games the last 15 years is just gone on me.

Everyone spawns with no weapons or gear, its a race to find weapons and gear more than anything else in BR games.
    There are different loot tier areas you can drop to and an airship, its high risk high reward concept in full flow here :)
    Gear you find is tiered in rarity/quality.
    White/Blue/Purple/Gold white being the weakest Gold being the strongest.
    Weapons you find use different ammo types.
    Heavy/Light/Shotgun/Energy [could be more but thats off the top of my head]
    You will also find attachments or mods for these weapons that improve the weapons handling and damage in the case of the wingman pistol mod the skull splitter for example.
    You also find items to regenerate health and shield capacity.

Hope that helps atleast a small bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Dcully wrote: »
    Everyone spawns with no weapons or gear, its a race to find weapons and gear more than anything else in BR games.
    There are different loot tier areas you can drop to and an airship, its high risk high reward concept in full flow here :)
    Gear you find is tiered in rarity/quality.
    White/Blue/Purple/Gold white being the weakest Gold being the strongest.
    Weapons you find use different ammo types.
    Heavy/Light/Shotgun/Energy [could be more but thats off the top of my head]
    You will also find attachments or mods for these weapons that improve the weapons handling and damage in the case of the wingman pistol mod the skull splitter for example.

Hope that helps atleast a small bit :)

Ah jesus ridin' christ that sounds way more complicated than it should be :pac: I'll give it another go over the weekend but if it doesn't stick I'll probably just delete it.

I just can't do online games nowadays. I prefer the old system where it was TDM on COD, Conquest on Battlefield and Warzone on Gears.

Never played a BR game before - this would be my first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Played a really enjoyable game with a guy who had a significant kill count and XP level who I learned several useful tips and tricks from and who I'd managed to revive early after he got ganked when we landed. Took 2 of the opposition team down with melee after he'd softened them up and then revived him so he was a happy camper and then later on when I lagged behind as he and our other team mate were running towards the circle and I got caught by a squad of 2, he went way out of his way to go back and get my banner to revive me which was really cool of him as he had to run through the circle to get away from the 2 who had got me (he had our other squaddie's banner with him too). I said to him that it was grand, I'd bow out and he said "naw mate, fuk it, I'll get you, you got me at the start" :D We ended up third after running headlong into a well dug in team and trading shots with them whilst the other team flanked us and cut us down from behind.

A fun experience and a rarity in random public internet games, but a core part of the game's mechanics and so all the more rewarding for it I feel. The people in Respawn are really a lot more on the ball than people might first have realised :)

Not sure what I dislike more, metal itself or the facial expression that go hand in hand with it :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah jesus ridin' christ that sounds way more complicated than it should be :pac: I'll give it another go over the weekend but if it doesn't stick I'll probably just delete it.

I just can't do online games nowadays. I prefer the old system where it was TDM on COD, Conquest on Battlefield and Warzone on Gears.

Never played a BR game before - this would be my first.

I'd argue this is the old system! COD et al popularised load outs.

If you're not making those faces, you're not metal - that's what rubbish like Linkin Park and Trivium is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Won my first game there a few days ago, was down to 2 of us our teammate decided at the start of the match to throw himself off a cliff so the odds were already against us.

We sneaked in to the last circle and got a high vantage point, but then to my horror my teammate had a brain fart and ziplined into the middle of them.

Well the inevitable happened and he got taken down, luckily for me the circle closed and took 2 of them out. So i waited and killed the last guy coming up the zipline towards me.

My god my heart was beating so fast in those last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Shiminay wrote: »
    You also need to remember that if any of them are the tracker guy, they can see you coming :)

He wouldn't see you coming unless he ulted for no reason.
    He only sees footprint that were there previously in the last 40secs or so.
    He'd know you ran through that area or away from him though if he came across your path.

Something I find very helpful and asked my friends to do is to call out the color of the numbers when they hit someone.
    Purple means they have a purple shield on
    Blue is blue shield, White is white
    When it goes red....theire shields are down and they're taking direct damage to health (you also hear a shatter sound).

People **** themselves when shields are down, so that's the time to run in and finish them if yous can. More often than not you'll catch them running away or hiding trying to repair shields.

For those on PC more than console, if using the Wingman pistol, there is no need for ADS as it is deadly accurate from hipfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

SeantheMan wrote: »
    He wouldn't see you coming unless he ulted for no reason.
    He only sees footprint that were there previously in the last 40secs or so.
    He'd know you ran through that area or away from him though if he came across your path.

Something I find very helpful and asked my friends to do is to call out the color of the numbers when they hit someone.
    Purple means they have a purple shield on
    Blue is blue shield, White is white
    When it goes red....theire shields are down and they're taking direct damage to health (you also hear a shatter sound).

People **** themselves when shields are down, so that's the time to run in and finish them if yous can. More often than not you'll catch them running away or hiding trying to repair shields.

For those on PC more than console, if using the Wingman pistol, there is no need for ADS as it is deadly accurate from hipfire.

No his ability sends out a sweep his ult increases his speed and that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Tip: Shooting the very bottom of Caustic's traps disables them, i just found this out and its left me thinking he needs a serious buff. His ult is mostly useless i find :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

4 wins in a row last night lel.

The game really comes together when you have teammates willing to risk it all to save your ass or vice versa. Battlefield became such a whingefest in this regards, where people played for kills and didnt bother reviving/healing teammates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got my first few gold items. Knock down shield lets you self revive.

I got knocked and as the shooter was stalking my squad i rose up from the dead behind him like something from a horror film :)

The more I play the more layers this game reveals, it actually has really deep gameplay mechanics.

Still the best tactic is to stay put and out of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No his ability sends out a sweep his ult increases his speed and that

His ability scans about a 10 meter square radius.
    You can hear people in the building next to you and his scan won't show them.

His passive can see footsteps of people previously in the area.

I had a nice experience the other night when playing on a US server.
    I noticed the 2 people I was playing with were newish and so I was trying to be helpful, talking to them (although they didn't have mics) and pinging things.
    Running over to them, dropping weapons for them etc.

Often I can be a d1ck as like anyone else and get angry, but luckily I wasn't.
    Anyways after we killed a few squads...we were in the final 3 or 4....I could see his mic rumble.
    This 8 year old kid comes on and says thanks for helping him out with weapons and shields, and that the other player on the team was his dad who was also new.
    Just goes to show ye it's not worth abusing or blaming others when they can't talk back as ye never know who is at the other end of the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

SeantheMan wrote: »
    His ability scans about a 10 meter square radius.
    You can hear people in the building next to you and his scan won't show them.

His passive can see footsteps of people previously in the area.

I had a nice experience the other night when playing on a US server.
    I noticed the 2 people I was playing with were newish and so I was trying to be helpful, talking to them (although they didn't have mics) and pinging things.
    Running over to them, dropping weapons for them etc.

Often I can be a d1ck as like anyone else and get angry, but luckily I wasn't.
    Anyways after we killed a few squads...we were in the final 3 or 4....I could see his mic rumble.
    This 8 year old kid comes on and says thanks for helping him out with weapons and shields, and that the other player on the team was his dad who was also new.
    Just goes to show ye it's not worth abusing or blaming others when they can't talk back as ye never know who is at the other end of the line.
    That sweep through bangelores smoke or caustic gas can save a life though.

Ah that's cool man, I find 99.9% of lads on this don't talk **** till the end at least ha

Advertisement