Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Got my first few gold items. Knock down shield lets you self revive.

I got knocked and as the shooter was stalking my squad i rose up from the dead behind him like something from a horror film :)

The more I play the more layers this game reveals, it actually has really deep gameplay mechanics.

Still the best tactic is to stay put and out of view.

Gold backpack let's you heal like lifeline. Speeds it way uo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

nix wrote: »
    Tip: Shooting the very bottom of Caustic's traps disables them, i just found this out and its left me thinking he needs a serious buff. His ult is mostly useless i find :(

I thought this was only if you're playing him and for anyone else itll set the trap off ?

Edit: guess i was wrong. Suppose caustic should use the traps in more enclosed areas and try keep them hidden until its too late. Sround corners/rocks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Korvanica wrote: »
    I thought this was only if you're playing him and for anyone else itll set the trap off ?

Edit: guess i was wrong. Suppose caustic should use the traps in more enclosed areas and try keep them hidden until its too late. Sround corners/rocks etc.

Yeah same, it spews gas if you shoot most of it, but theres a disc at the very base, below the inflated part, if you shoot that it takes it out of commission.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Decided to call in an air strike in the final circle. It didn’t do much other than cause holy hell for the last ten seconds and get the final assist, but I enjoyed dying a second before the ‘champion’ card popped up on screen (thankfully my two other teammates managed to stay alive :pac:).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Having a lot of delays getting into games this evening and then had a Crash to Desktop in the middle of what was shaping up to be a poor enough round anyway. Blarg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People who are down and beside an enemy and not pinging them like mad. If you want to be saved at least give me some info, you idiot!

Played one game, our squad had 15 odd kills, I ended with 5 kills, and 4 revives. Felt pretty good. Was a class game I even squad wiped one team.

Was a great game it really shines with class teammates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

J. Marston wrote: »
    People who are down and beside an enemy and not pinging them like mad. If you want to be saved at least give me some info, you idiot!

Hate that, and the clowns who solo jump a mile away get killed then spam the ping button as if you are in the wrong for not coming to get them.

It is really worth sticking around and watching after you get killed too, I had a team mate solo it for 8 mins and beat 7 other squads after i got killed and i got the win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

and on the reverse, when you save your entire team from getting wiped and kill the opposing team by yourself, and then get knocked a few minutes later only for the 2 of your team mates to stand around 30m away from you asking each other for ammo and you bleed out......... idiots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Really really liking this. Hated fornite but this reminds me of older fps games. Switched it up to bloodhound as he's more durable for my playstyle, i can't do anything with a sniper rifle but prefer to be really aggressive so like the peace keeper/mastiff . Took out a whole squad with a few grenades, can't believe i underestimated them.

Finally won a game as well, one guy left pretty early after he was downed so was really satisfying to get the win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Ah that's cool man, I find 99.9% of lads on this don't talk **** till the end at least ha

I wont be letting my kid have a headset until they're in their teens. Eight year olds shouldn't be playing this game imo, especially with a mic.

I was asked by some young voice if I wanted d1ckpics last night. When I stayed silent he left the party. Another American fella came through full blast calling me a fcuking pus•y for not rescuing him :)
    I was actually trying to rescue him, waiting for my moment but the area was swarming with enemy so it would have been certain death for me as well.
    I just turned and left him there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

If anyone is down for some duo / trio queues tomorrow, Send me a PM. Get a group going :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dcully wrote: »

Is this why the shooting feels so off to me? I get the same weird laggy feeling when playing that latest COD.

I don't notice any lag at all on PC? Even playing at 4am this morning with americans didnt feel too bad. I find the gameplay very smooth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Had a few games where it was essentially myself and a Scottish guy trying to play as a team while minding a hyperactive child who wouldn’t stay with his parents and who wouldnt do what they were told. And then when they get into trouble and need reviving, they’d run off again without a care.

We still got to final two though.

Won 2 out of 5 games with solid team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Won my first game with some 12year old Italian kid.
    Got 3 squad wipes :) delighted. So was the kid judging from his screams of excitement haha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Today seems to be "split off from the party in the dropship and bitch about it when you're down and not getting revived" day for me... I wish they'd fk off back to Fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Shiminay wrote: »
    Today seems to be "split off from the party in the dropship and bitch about it when you're down and not getting revived" day for me... I wish they'd fk off back to Fortnite.

You can mute people via TAB / Inventory window.

Sneaked and survived for 15 minutes on my own before winning a game. I was a nervous wreck at the end, really wanted a solo win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Playing last night had a 2nd and 3rd finish :)

A couple of odd fire fights though. One in particular I jumped a wall and fired in to an enemy from behind at point blank range. He turned and one shorted me, and then took out my two team mates two shots each. No idea what gear he had but it was very frustrating.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Playing last night had a 2nd and 3rd finish :)

A couple of odd fire fights though. One in particular I jumped a wall and fired in to an enemy from behind at point blank range. He turned and one shorted me, and then took out my two team mates two shots each. No idea what gear he had but it was very frustrating.

Mastiff to the head can do that iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sneaked and survived for 15 minutes on my own before winning a game. I was a nervous wreck at the end, really wanted a solo win!

It's a very different game on console when it comes to aiming! Looks really difficult, I hear aim assist is very low.

Mastiff to the head can do that iirc

So can an upgraded wingman, the energy rifle (can't remember its band) and the 2 legendary guns.

I got both legendary weapons in a game yesterday and legendary body armor. Very powerful guns but I ran out of ammo in both mid fight and had to run around looking for another gun xD came second in that game too >.<

tuxy wrote: »
    It's a very different game on console when it comes to aiming! Looks really difficult, I hear aim assist is very low.

I think I'm just bad at aiming!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

****!

Started a match, right away two team mates feck off and get killed pretty quick. Didn't get a chance to get their banners as they quit as soon as they were downed. Spent the rest of the game scrounging gear and hiding in the shadows. 2nd last ring and its me and another squad. I manage to kill two as they had for the last ring. Fire off my shots and down but not kill the last enemy but the gas got me before I could get to safety!

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Peacekeeper is the business.

Still haven't won one, but have come close a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

The frequent crashings of the game, on PC, is seriously killing me enjoyment of the game... numerous times crashing when I'm the last few squads left.

Really thicking me off... it's happening to a ton of people. Major issue the devs really need to address ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm on PC and have not crashed once.
    Are the crashes linked to specific hardware?

Advertisement