Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm on PC and have not crashed once.
    Are the crashes linked to specific hardware?

Consider yourself lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Consider yourself lucky.

Nor do I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Or 5 other lads I play with frequently. How widespread is the issue and is there a suspected cause?

I've also been watching a good few streamers and have yet to see any of them crash yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Or 5 other lads I play with frequently. How widespread is the issue and is there a suspected cause?

I've also been watching a good few streamers and have yet to see any of them crash yet.

I had it happen twice earlier. I turned down the settings one notch and it hasn't happened since.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I had it happen twice earlier. I turned down the settings one notch and it hasn't happened since.

That could be it, I play with most setting on low to try to keep 144 fps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

BeerWolf wrote: »
    The frequent crashings of the game, on PC, is seriously killing me enjoyment of the game... numerous times crashing when I'm the last few squads left.

Really thicking me off... it's happening to a ton of people. Major issue the devs really need to address ASAP.

Yeah tis annoying alright, apparently its a issue with the most recent geforce drivers, rolling back to game ready driver 417.71 sorts it out for most (apparently). I myself am too lazy and am hoping a fix is patched out soon, if it happened more frequently to me i defo would..

I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers :confused:

I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers :confused:

Yeah not sure why you aint getting it, i have just heard rolling back the updates helped those who were crashing.

When it crashes, there is no error message, the game just vanishes, so hard to pinpoint or troubleshoot exactly.

EDIT: Ok looking into it more, its not just a nvidia issue, just rolling back on nvidia fixes it.

How many hours have you put into the game Tuxy?

I can go a long time without it even happening, and then times it can happen twice in succession. I normally would just shrug it off, but when it happens when you're close to the end of the game it can make one mad.

Maybe you had textures set too high? As in if you have 4gb of VRAM on your GPU and go higher then high textures.

I play with AA maxed, textures maxed and everything else off or on low to give me a stable 144+ fps and helps a lot of visibility. Game still looks great with these settings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Does everyone else here get the hate the Mozambique Shotgun gets, i think its a handy early game weapon. Better than your bloody fists anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Bug with my game is getting worse. Every single time I finish a match and go back to the lobby, it won't let me go to Party Ready, which means every single time I finish a game I have to completely close the game and reopen it.

It's actually a testament to how fun the game is that I bother doing this.

Vicxas wrote:
    Does everyone else here get the hate the Mozambique Shotgun gets, i think its a handy early game weapon. Better than your bloody fists anyway.

I actually think your better off with your fists. Melee attacks kind of follow your target a little making them easy to land, just slide and jump around like a lunatic :P

With the Mozambique you have 3 shots before reload, you most land all 3 to kill without armor or 1 head and 1 anywhere else (this if all pellets hit too).

Its the only gun I can't stand using and it seems to be always the first gun I find xD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fixxxer wrote: »
    Bug with my game is getting worse. Every single time I finish a match and go back to the lobby, it won't let me go to Party Ready, which means every single time I finish a game I have to completely close the game and reopen it.

It's actually a testament to how fun the game is that I bother doing this.

are you on ps4? its actually quicker to hit the ps button, go to the network settings, and quickly disconnect / reconnect. (in my experience anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Vicxas wrote: »

It's great at finishing off enemies when their sheild is down, rather than reloading an assault rifle . If they are down with a knockdown shield the Moz smashes it. But as your primary i much prefer the auto pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got a bug yesterday where I had to walk at a snail's pace. Apparently it can happen when you're revived. Luckily I was the robot guy so I just kept dragging myself along with my grapple :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

are you on ps4? its actually quicker to hit the ps button, go to the network settings, and quickly disconnect / reconnect. (in my experience anyway).

Will give that a try, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got a bug yesterday where I had to walk at a snail's pace. Apparently it can happen when you're revived. Luckily I was the robot guy so I just kept dragging myself along with my grapple :pac:

That happened me a few times. Tried downing myself and get revived by teammate but still persisted until I was dead. Very annoying!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've had the crashing issues described above too, happened a couple of times on Saturday when I was playing for a couple of hours. I don't have the settings maxed (nVidia 970), but might roll back the driver if it continues to haunt me.

No love for the Mozambique in my house either. Watched a clip of that PubG guy Shroud playing - he's mostly using the Wingman and I can see why, just means I'll have to start sucking a lot less with my aim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure if it's the same as the moving bug described. But I'd one where I could walk normally but sprint was bugged, it moved like it was running at 5 fps but everyone else looked normal sprinting past me.
    Only had it twice.

Just to unlock mirage now and try for a win there and I've got 1 each, then to do the 8k damage with each character.

It's great at finishing off enemies when their sheild is down, rather than reloading an assault rifle . If they are down with a knockdown shield the Moz smashes it. But as your primary i much prefer the auto pistol.

Melee ignores knockdown shields so its actually usually faster and more efficient to punch someone to death, you can also push their loot box for a few seconds after they die to loot somewhere safer :)

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    How many hours have you put into the game Tuxy?

I can go a long time without it even happening, and then times it can happen twice in succession. I normally would just shrug it off, but when it happens when you're close to the end of the game it can make one mad.

10 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

10 hours

How do you know how many hours you’ve played? Or is it a guesstimate?

I’m on PS4 btw

How do you know how many hours you’ve played? Or is it a guesstimate?

They are on about the PC version. No idea if you can check such things on PS4 or Xbox.

killanena wrote: »
    Maybe you had textures set too high? As in if you have 4gb of VRAM on your GPU and go higher then high textures.

I play with AA maxed, textures maxed and everything else off or on low to give me a stable 144+ fps and helps a lot of visibility. Game still looks great with these settings too.

Everything is at low or off, i do have texture streaming budget at 8gig, im running on a GTX 1070 though, so shouldnt be a problem :confused:

Or would i be better off dropping it to 6 or lower?
    10 hours

Its possible you just havent played long enough to bump into it, or your set ups that good :)

You shouldn't have any issues with the 1070. Its probably a driver issue as mentioned earlier as I have over 70 hours with an Rx 580 with no issues what so ever.

That happened me a few times. Tried downing myself and get revived by teammate but still persisted until I was dead. Very annoying!

I know there’s better loot in certain places but why do players always go for there even when there’s 10 other squads going the same way. Inevitably it just ends in one big war. If you win grand but otherwise it’s straight back to the ****in title screen and more loading. Right now it’s my biggest pet peeve about this otherwise fab game

I know there’s better loot in certain places but why do players always go for there even when there’s 10 other squads going the same way. Inevitably it just ends in one big war. If you win grand but otherwise it’s straight back to the ****in title screen and more loading. Right now it’s my biggest pet peeve about this otherwise fab game

If I'm playing with people on discord we tend to always go for the most contested area and work on our teamplay. Its a very good and fast way to get better but if queuing solo I either jump or ping somewhere as far as possible to give us a chance to gear up before we engage with poor communication.

I find when queuing solo if you have a mic, just ask to be jump master. Most people don't care really.

killanena wrote: »
    If I'm playing with people on discord we tend to always go for the most contested area and work on our teamplay. Its a very good and fast way to get better but if queuing solo I either jump or ping somewhere as far as possible to give us a chance to gear up before we engage with poor communication.

I find when queuing solo if you have a mic, just ask to be jump master. Most people don't care really.

Yeah I tend to jump in with randoms. In a squad I can see how it’d work but with randoms it’s a horror shown most of the time if I’m honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You need to be recovered at the banner respawn to break that bug. Seen it happen to a few team mates. Was funny :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Jumping off a cliff helped knock me out of that bug. Not sure why but was going really slow trying to escape, i hit the ground and sprinted off.

Advertisement