Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

light ammo weapons = less recoil and faster rate of fire but lower damage per bullet than heavy

heavy ammo weapons = more recoil and slower rate of fire but hit harder than light ammo

It comes down to preference really, i myself would rock a r99 or r301 anyday over the likes of a spitfire or prowler.

However i mostly rock a wingman/peacekeeper combo, but when i mix it up its usually to rock wingman/r99 or r301/peacekeeper as the alternatives.

Thats what i love about this game, there is no set weapon meta, its what works best for you, my friend loves the spitfire and rocks a spitfire/longbow combo and tears it up.

There is talk out there on forums about using xim KBM adaptor. Saw one chat talking about tuning the autoaim on it. No doubt about it there are some cheaters. Hopefully they will start blocking KBM adaptors.

oh theres defo hacking going on alright, aimboting in the clip below and i seen a clip of someone using wall hacks also, they dont even care, they are even streaming on twitch blatantly hacking.. The joys of f2p now i guess :(

Aimbot clip

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Imagine having a penis so small that you have to cheat in online free to play games to feel like a man? :P

I have honestly never understood what you're supposed to feel like you've accomplished if you've done so by cheating. OK, if there's some sort of monetary gain to be had, people understandably cheat to win, but what's going on in the mind of someone cheating in a random online game against strangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Shiminay wrote: »
    Imagine having a penis so small that you have to cheat in online free to play games to feel like a man? :P

I have honestly never understood what you're supposed to feel like you've accomplished if you've done so by cheating. OK, if there's some sort of monetary gain to be had, people understandably cheat to win, but what's going on in the mind of someone cheating in a random online game against strangers?

They do it because they know it annoys and ruins the other players games.

There's a deep rooted sickness at play if that's the sort of thing that someone does for personal amusement...

• Advertisement

Winning at all costs is common in any competitive sport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Winning at all costs is common in any competitive sport

Sure, but the difference with competitive sports is it's upon a stage. Playing a round of Apex and cheating to win for yourself alone, this is very strange indeed. To me at least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Shiminay wrote: »

I had a conversation with a malicious CSGO hacker once. It seems to come from a lot of boredom and/or frustration with the game state or the creators of it. So the hacker creates a new game called "How much can I get away with and for how long?" which presumably is more fun than the base game to them. I don't agree with it what so ever since it's affecting other users who haven't agreed to play on those terms.

Video for reference

There's probably malicious hackers who cheat just to feel big, though - usually kids I'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Good money to be made in selling hacks. And plenty of privileged people with money of burn who want an advantage in game like they get in real life.

Used to be an admin on a fairly popular Rust server and have had hackers we banned come on discord talking ****e to us. Usually they just buy another copy on a new steam account and go at it again. We had to make a rule of minimum 50 hours of game time or we would kick / ban. They would still come on late at night and cause a lot of hassle with anyone still on. Ban them again the next morning and they would just buy another copy again..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I get giddy when I get the gold scope for a sniper rifle. It's the only time I am good at sniping in any FPS, ever.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I get giddy when I get the gold scope for a sniper rifle. It's the only time I am good at sniping in any FPS, ever.

Can't hit **** when im sniping with a scope in this game, yet sniping with a Longbow with no optics from 5000 miles away? I'm a god.

I don't like anything more than an x4 zoom myself unless using the triple take. Combination of having to factor bullet drop, leading your aim and how fast movement is, Its hard to land a good shot when really zoomed in.

I tend to gravitate towards some guns more than others. Never properly used the Mozambique or the Alternator because of the widely accepted fact that they are weak. Same goes for the semi auto handgun, the tripleshot sniper and something else I'm forgetting.

Hemlock is another gun I rarely use, not because it's trash but because I don't know why. The gun is a beast at mid range, does alot of damage and the recoil is super manageable. Sorry I overlooked this gun for so long. Thing that got me interested was I was killed by a player using one and he just vanished me. Felt like I died within a second, so had to spectate him to find what he's using.

Going to now actively try the Flatline as with the Hemlock I always overlooked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

And my hate of F2P games has arisen... seeing blatant wall hacking and aim snapping aimbots within every 5 games.

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

BeerWolf wrote: »
    And my hate of F2P games has arisen... seeing blatant wall hacking and aim snapping aimbots within every 5 games.

Jesus Christ.

It's weird apex has the potential to be the best BR game in it with a few fixes. You can be melted sometimes and be like that's bull**** but see the death and they just melt you. Other times you do the same and they melt you. Hacking outside of aimbot is rarely flagged and that's a massive problem

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Peak performance...

D0sT7kbXcAU1JTg.jpg

We were like three cowardly shadows.

I've encountered a few hackers too. Got one on my team today, Level 13 wraith with a nonsense random character name. She dropped solo at the start, wiped 3 squads while we looted elsewhere. We ran to her and she just pinged enemies this way. We followed, she'd kill them all and move onto the next group. My friend and I both reported the hacker but they can just go make another account again..

I also heard people are using mouse marco's to cheat recoil of guns on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Really getting good at this these days, if I don't get killed during the initial rush I can usually get to the last 3 , a wingman/havoc or wingman/ prowler with auto mode hop up are my go to. I could never get into fortnight but with Apex, it's a joy to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

BeerWolf wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

What has hacking got to do with F2P?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

AdamD wrote: »
    What has hacking got to do with F2P?

If you ban the hacker they can just make a new account.

You ban someone from a paid game, they need to buy a new copy of the game and set up new account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nice little thank you video. Some crazy numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nice little thank you video. Some crazy numbers.

lol @ the 1 Mozambique kill. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

lol @ the 1 Mozambique kill. :D

Their meme game is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The amount of players they have accrued and time played in such a short time is really testimint to the great game they have created.

I was all set to unlock Caustic when I hit lvl 23 last night, but something told me to reconsider and I went for Mirage instead and you know what, I'm really enjoying the decoy mechanic. I didn't enjoy it too much when my quite inexperienced and not terribly observant team mate came to my "rescue" and started shooting at my decoy that was left in place of my corpse whilst I crawled away and the enemy squad all blapped my team mate... I wouldn't mind, but he's a fecking doctor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sick off work with a chest infection today and have been saying to myself 'one more game' from about 1pm. Got my first win with Caustic and two second places, but God it's seriously addictive.

Sick off work with a chest infection today and have been saying to myself 'one more game' from about 1pm. Got my first win with Caustic and two second places, but God it's seriously addictive.

Its highly addictive. I go off to play another game only to find myself back queuing up again less than an hour later.

Anyone else use the Hemlock often? My friend recommended it to me but only with the select fire hop up. Boy god is she lethal. Like an R-301 except more damage per shot. With purple extended mag you can easily hip fire down 2 people before reloading and Id say you could wipe a squad before reloading with good aim and accuracy.

killanena wrote: »

Anyone else use the Hemlock often? My friend recommended it to me but only with the select fire hop up.

You mean the prowler my dood? Hemlock doesnt use a hop and is single fire or burst.

The prowlers decent, but id much prefer the 301 or r99, less recoil/spread..

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    You mean the prowler my dood? Hemlock doesnt use a hop and is single fire or burst.

The prowlers decent, but id much prefer the 301 or r99, less recoil/spread..

Yes! your right my bad :), I still prefer the r99 myself but i was never the biggest fan of the r301.

Advertisement