Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nix wrote: »
    Seen a few too many of them to be honest, pretty sure they are bots.. not sure why people would bot an account though.. maybe its easier to cheat on an account thats got a few levels on it? :confused:

It's for unlocking loot crates you get a small amount of xp even if you do nothing, people did the same thing when PUGB to get the random skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

tuxy wrote: »
    It's for unlocking loot crates you get a small amount of xp even if you do nothing, people did the same thing when PUGB to get the random skins.

But they are non transferable, are they just doing it to try get the kunai and then sell that account? :confused:

Seems like a bit too much work for such a low chance at reward.

I doubt the accounts would be worth anything.
    Could be to get as many free skins as soon as possible. Do it with enough accounts and you will get one that has some nice skins.
    It's not any trouble since all they have to do is leave the pc on and go AFK, their parents probably pay for the electricity too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

After all the talk of Battle Royale games and what not I decided to install Apex Legends over the weekend and gave it a good few hours of my time (8hrs +).

I fail to see what the appeal is for these types of games. Sure, it can be exciting to be one of the last squads in that final circle battling it out for victory. Shotguns are just deadly in that scenario and I won a 1v3 thanks to some gold coloured shotgun #Humblebrag. The length of games last anywhere from 30 seconds to 20~ish minutes which is fine I guess.

From an action perspective you spend 90% of the time running around gathering equipment and the other 10% fighting where most of it is getting ambushed or doing the ambushing. The gun fights when they do happen are awesome. It's fast, furious and requires a lot of skill to pull off and come out ahead. Unfortunately that is where it ends, if you lose that fight you're back to the loading screen which for me destroys immersion in the game.

The two things I enjoyed in the game is when the jump master does a "danger close" drop in the same area as your opponents. That mad dash to the nearest container or building hoping you luck out and grab a weapon. The jump music is also an epic tune :D

Bangalore's smoke grenades are incredibly helpful and her passive too but her ult is utterly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Bangalore's smoke grenades are incredibly helpful and her passive too but her ult is utterly useless.

Her Ultimate FORCES people to move, and it covers a very large area. Plus those caught get stunned and are sitting ducks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Her Ultimate FORCES people to move, and it covers a very large area. Plus those caught get stunned and are sitting ducks.
    You make it to final small circle and you have a building and they don't. You just call it down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

if you lose that fight you're back to the loading screen which for me destroys immersion in the game.

Yeah id much prefer staying in the game when dead and seeing vultures circling and then picking at my corpse :(

What were they thinking? :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

You make it to final small circle and you have a building and they don't. You just call it down

That's what I did and I was expecting kills galore instead I got nothing. Was not aware that it stuns them as BeerWolf pointed out. Does it only stun or does it stun and maybe kill?

Also had a bad habit of running up to people and pressing E to see the kill move, it's too hard to resist and often times got me downed as a result :pac:

Stun and 20 damage for every missile that hits. Will damage enemy and yourself but not your team.

That's what I did and I was expecting kills galore instead I got nothing. Was not aware that it stuns them as BeerWolf pointed out. Does it only stun or does it stun and maybe kill?

Also had a bad habit of running up to people and pressing E to see the kill move, it's too hard to resist and often times got me downed as a result :pac:

stun and kill move, we use it as a zoning ult, use it, have one person look while the other two cover other directions, it flushed out game

• Advertisement

It does the same effect as Arc Stars, but it doesn't do a whole lot of damage itself... balance reasons and all that.

Gilbraltar's ultimate hurts, but covers a considerably less area.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ran a good few games over the lats few days and i've really noticed that if the JM doesnt pick a persons landing suggestion they'll just eject solo and leave us a man down.

It's really frustrating as it leaves you a man down and an easier target.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ran a good few games over the lats few days and i've really noticed that if the JM doesnt pick a persons landing suggestion they'll just eject solo and leave us a man down.

It's really frustrating as it leaves you a man down and an easier target.

Jump Masters that don't mark landings annoy the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That is quite frustrating, but so is the hissy fits people throw when they dont get their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Had a game last night, I was the jumpmaster and jumped to where the guy had pinged, he still headed off on his own, landed miles away got killed then started pinging the beacon like a mad man, like we were in the wrong for not coming and getting him.

Got to the last squad, he got downed I got him back in. Had to chuck him one of my guns to have a chance. We came up against three fully stocked enemies and just couldn't get the better of them all.

But it was still a great game, really got the buddy system going and felt a connection. Then we finished and I never say my buddy again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Great game but the last thing they need is to start tinkering so much and adding 30 new heroes to try and balance. The 8 we have are not perfect so adding more to the mix and trying to balance them would be a huge no no.

They also need to fix the tick rate on the servers, still have loads of games and bullets not registering correctly. Rainbow 6 had this for a few months aswell iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Disturbing game last night.

Got in to a massive firefight in the bunker place, when there was only two of us on the team. I get knocked down at the start and my team mate goes on to kill 8 other players.

I'm crawling on the floor between all the death boxes waiting for a rez and he just starts circling me slowly. He hadn't said a word all game but I could hear heavy breathing. Just walked slowly around me until I bled out then left without my beacon :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Jump Masters that don't mark landings annoy the hell out of me.

People who afk pick on jump master so it will pass to the next guy annoy me, also Jump Masters who pass then start pinging locations to drop usually get a first class ticket to the hot zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Worth another one if it was anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

fixxxer wrote: »
    Disturbing game last night.

Got in to a massive firefight in the bunker place, when there was only two of us on the team. I get knocked down at the start and my team mate goes on to kill 8 other players.

I'm crawling on the floor between all the death boxes waiting for a rez and he just starts circling me slowly. He hadn't said a word all game but I could hear heavy breathing. Just walked slowly around me until I bled out then left without my beacon :-/

Thats annoying but also funny.

Tbh I think that the game needs a solo mode to weed out those who like the game but don’t like squads.

It’s the same when your team drops and everyone splits up going their own way with no intention of helping rad he other. Pointless

• Advertisement

Ok I'm facing facts, I'm just too **** at this game. Landed in a high tier hot zone and it couldn't have started any better - picked up a fully loaded peacemaker! Sweet I thought, this is my time in the spot light I'm going to annihilate anyone who gets in my way. Came across my first victim, or so I thought, got him in my sights and pulled the trigger - bollox I was on my secondary Havok rifle :eek: After tickling him a little bit he turns around and unloads a spitfire on me and I'm dead before I can even switch weapons. Maybe time to stick to racing games...

On a serious note though I think the matchmaking in the game is pretty poor. I'm seeing champions with hundreds and some times over a thousand kills, I should never be grouped in a game with that calibre, surely with 50 million players they could find 59 other players equally as **** as me so I could actually get some kills and enjoy the game.

Ok I'm facing facts, I'm just too **** at this game. Landed in a high tier hot zone and it couldn't have started any better - picked up a fully loaded peacemaker! Sweet I thought, this is my time in the spot light I'm going to annihilate anyone who gets in my way. Came across my first victim, or so I thought, got him in my sights and pulled the trigger - bollox I was on my secondary Havok rifle :eek: After tickling him a little bit he turns around and unloads a spitfire on me and I'm dead before I can even switch weapons. Maybe time to stick to racing games...

On a serious note though I think the matchmaking in the game is pretty poor. I'm seeing champions with hundreds and some times over a thousand kills, I should never be grouped in a game with that calibre, surely with 50 million players they could find 59 other players equally as **** as me so I could actually get some kills and enjoy the game.

It's a battle royal, anyone can kill anyone. You wait till one team is engaging and flanking from behind doesn't matter how many kills they have with 6 people firing at them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Any PC users here experiencing game crash problems since the latest update?

Screen will freeze and then the game will close with no error message or anything to say that the game has crashed.

Game is unplayable because it's happening quiet frequently..

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Yakult wrote: »

Screen will freeze and then the game will close with no error message or anything to say that the game has crashed.

Try playing in borderless window mode fps is capped at 60 but you will get no crashes.
    Well it cured my game. it was crashing every third game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Yakult wrote:

I haven't but I'm getting unplayable lag. Rubber banding all over the place sense the update in all games and my server is always set to London or Amsterdam.

I'm starting to get quite bored and burnt out by Apex anyways so time to move into something else for awhile and revisit later when its more stable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

killanena wrote: »
    I haven't but I'm getting unplayable lag. Rubber banding all over the place sense the update in all games and my server is always set to London or Amsterdam.

I'm starting to get quite bored and burnt out by Apex anyways so time to move into something else for awhile and revisit later when its more stable.

Sounds horrible.
    Glitches that impact the enjoyment of the game will easily motivate you to move on. To me, the game was more stable on release. Even friends, who would play the game religiously aren't playing as much in the last week I've noticed.

Try playing in borderless window mode fps is capped at 60 but you will get no crashes.
    Well it cured my game. it was crashing every third game.

This seems to have fixed it, no crash after 5 games! Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Yakult wrote: »

This seems to have fixed it, no crash after 5 games! Thank you! :)

You're welcome glad i could help. Hopefully there will be a proper stability fix soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Anybody just not see the point in this battlepass thing? I'm loving the game (aside from the constant crashing) but unlocking a couple of skins here and there, which you can already to leveling up doesn't make sense to me. I know octane is in there, so that would be the only thing that would interest me.

Is there something I'm missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tusk wrote: »
    Anybody just not see the point in this battlepass thing? I'm loving the game (aside from the constant crashing) but unlocking a couple of skins here and there, which you can already to leveling up doesn't make sense to me. I know octane is in there, so that would be the only thing that would interest me.

Is there something I'm missing here?

They're not making games for the good of their health. It's a proven way to make money from a "free" product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

fixxxer wrote: »
    They're not making games for the good of their health. It's a proven way to make money from a "free" product.

Yeah and I'm all on board for paying them for the content. My question is more why pay for this battlepass, outside of the specific characters, apex coins you're gonna get. I don't get the whole spend money to grind to get skins...

Maybe I'm just too old to get it.

On a side note, I fully expect to pump a few bob into this, for the legends and any other actual content outside of the skin-type things.

Advertisement