Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah, I don't get why people would pay for skins either. Especially in this game as the skins,etc would be of a lower quality than the likes of Overwatch or Fortnite. But if people paying keeps me playing for free...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

tusk wrote: »
    Anybody just not see the point in this battlepass thing? I'm loving the game (aside from the constant crashing) but unlocking a couple of skins here and there, which you can already to leveling up doesn't make sense to me. I know octane is in there, so that would be the only thing that would interest me.

Is there something I'm missing here?

FYI Octane is separate from the battle pass. You can acquire him just like Mirage and Caustic.

Comes across as very much an afterthought. Looks like they were going the Overwatch route and then saw what Fornite was up to but too late in development. Needs more work, nothing there for me to spend money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Dropped a wad of dough in this earlier. Octane is good craic his stim shot is immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If i was playing really regularly id probably be happy enough to spend a few quid to support the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

State of the battlepass. Bought it anyway. Kicker is i played about 6 to 7 games today and on my 7th i JUST hit level 2. Bit of a joke. You wanna be more than a casual to hit level 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

State of the battlepass. Bought it anyway. Kicker is i played about 6 to 7 games today and on my 7th i JUST hit level 2. Bit of a joke. You wanna be more than a casual to hit level 100.

90 days of it for a 10er you'll get a few rewards, some packs, some skins and a few packs

The grind needed to level up on the bsttlepass is insane. Crazy to put money into it.

I thought I'd definitely buy this battle pass considering how much I've gotten out of this game so far. I was hoping for missions but there's nothing but skins. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else seen that you can disable lootboxes by changing your region to Belgium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone else seen that you can disable lootboxes by changing your region to Belgium?

Haven't tried it yet, but looks like a great idea.

How do you change region?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I really wish there was a way to disable the melee button, the amount of times I've accidentally hit it in the middle of a gunfight. It's infuriating topped off today when I was the only one of my squad against the last person in another squad. The last words I heard before leaving the lobby was one of my disgruntled squadmates saying "learn to shoot". It cut deep. I have tried using different control settings but the default layout is perfect bar that one major (imo) flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How do you change region?

On the EA website it seems, change it there. Restart the game and you should be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I really wish there was a way to disable the melee button, the amount of times I've accidentally hit it in the middle of a gunfight. It's infuriating topped off today when I was the only one of my squad against the last person in another squad. The last words I heard before leaving the lobby was one of my disgruntled squadmates saying "learn to shoot". It cut deep. I have tried using different control settings but the default layout is perfect bar that one major (imo) flaw.

I presume you're playing on controller. Switch to the button layout which switches melee to circle and slide/crouch to L3. I find having the slide button there much better because you don't have to take your thumb off the stick, and you don't melee by mistake also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I presume you're playing on controller. Switch to the button layout which switches melee to circle and slide/crouch to L3. I find having the slide button there much better because you don't have to take your thumb off the stick, and you don't melee by mistake also.

Yep, I've tried this and I just don't like it. Might give it another go but really I don't think the melee function is necessary for the game. I only ever use it to break open the loot bots.

What do you get instead of loot boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

pride and accomplishment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I thought I'd definitely buy this battle pass considering how much I've gotten out of this game so far. I was hoping for missions but there's nothing but skins. Boring.

I think its a major mistake putting missions/assigments/challenges in these games unless they are directly related to playing in a group or getting kills/heals/revives.

You look for a team mates help and see them doing something stupid to get a challenge rather than helping the team.

It promotes gameplay thats the exact opposite of what the games supposed to be about

EoinHef wrote: »
    I think its a major mistake putting missions/assigments/challenges in these games unless they are directly related to playing in a group or getting kills/heals/revives.

You look for a team mates help and see them doing something stupid to get a challenge rather than helping the team.

It promotes gameplay thats the exact opposite of what the games supposed to be about

Seeing a lot of anti team play gameplay anyway as it is. Last game I played for example. Two chaps with matching usernames tried to dive in to the sea. When I broke off and landed safely they ran to the nearest enemy team and just stood there getting shot. Games before that had people quite and leave as soon as they are downed never mind killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Crafting materials since Belgium considers loot boxes == gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

fixxxer wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of anti team play gameplay anyway as it is. Last game I played for example. Two chaps with matching usernames tried to dive in to the sea. When I broke off and landed safely they ran to the nearest enemy team and just stood there getting shot. Games before that had people quite and leave as soon as they are downed never mind killed.

Had that happen to me once.. It was weird the guy messaged in a random comment and nose dived us into the ocean.. I was akf at the time so couldnt break off in time..

It's really annoying when teammates disconnect when they get down.. At the very least give me a chance to win the fight.. There's a timer for a reason.. I only disconnect if the teammates leave or I run out of time (unless it's top 5 situation)..

They need to add a reconnect button and punish players who deliberately disconnect.. A cool down or until that match ends or squad dies.

It's still a fun game besides that.. I usually play with one other and most of our games end with just the two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

I definitely like this game! I tried on my own to understand the marketing of this game, but I couldn’t, because it’s not there :) Even the developers themselves didn’t hope for the sensation that they did.

Have you seen the numbers on the number of players in the first month online? Steam smoked nervously away from such indicators online)))

Not a fan of royal games and the like, I played it a couple of times out of curiosity, it is free and weighs relatively few, why not try. With all my heart I love Titanfall 2.

As a result, she pulled out, does not burn from her, and after work, you can safely enjoy playing, I'm happy :)

The ratio of crap games to good games is really starting to put me off. Last night was brutal, a complete waste of 2 hours of my very limited game time. Every game my team mates insisted on landing in the hot zone only to be annihilated. 1st or 2nd squad out every game. Whenever I was JM and would take us somewhere other than the hot zone they would peel away and go there anyway and be wiped out.

On the other hand I had the almost perfect game over the weekend (finished a close 2nd). None of us had mics, 3 randos working the map, using the ping system perfectly and taking out teams. It's an absolutely fantastic game when it's played properly. I guess if I had friends playing it I could play the game like that all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

fixxxer wrote: »

Challenges aren't going to help this though, you'll just have more games like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

EoinHef wrote: »

Battlefield did this and the unintended consequences were dramatic , they had a assignment to spot 20 enemies as a sniper. I logged into a game of 16 v 16. 12 of my team were snipers up on a hill miles away spotting. It's bad enough when you have a team of snipers shooting people they are even less use with binoculars.

Solo mode might fix it. A lot of people seem to want to play solo it seems. Would be a shame though as the team aspect is what makes it unique. I can get top 3 easily on my own, solid snaking it around the map. I always lose to a group thats managed to stick together and is working to cover all their angles. I dunno with all the options around for single player BR games around, people still jump in to this team based one and break it to do their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Is there a boards group for squading up? I always need players, i'm on xbox one and my gamertag is Lord Spence feel free to add me and jump in on a game when im playing. I am level 49 and level 12 battlepass I can hold my own on my day but then other days I am total trash but I am very much a squad player.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Have the rare situation of a quiet house so going on shortly for a couple of hours of Apex. If anybody wants to team up for a few rounds eith on ps4 or PC, give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The season pass is rubbish but I still feel like I've paid €10 for what, for me at least, is one of the best games of the year.

Advertisement