Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

When you run through 4 fighting squads to get your team mates banners, then just as you get to the beacon they f**k off and disconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sight808 wrote: »
    When you run through 4 fighting squads to get your team mates banners, then just as you get to the beacon they f**k off and disconnect.

To be fair if he held on until you were just at respawn beacon I'd put it down to a game crash over a player leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Lot of Big Streamers and Youtubers currently saying content needed to help stop people getting burnt out on apex and inject some freshness into the game. I can see where theyre coming from. Hopefully Respawn will start doing new modes etc .

I don't expect much in the first season, but if they dont start doing new things from season 2 on they're going to lose players.

Theres a reason Fortnite has held its player base for so long - constant new content and modes to keep things fresh.

Even challenges would make a big difference to Apex.

Yeah I'm on level 47, im just grinding it out to hit the level 50 achievement and I'm taking a break. It is definitely something I'll dip back into but unfortunately I have absolutely no incentive to spend money on the game, there's just nothing there worth paying for. I'd definitely pay up for something that gave me more content like missions or challenges. Not sure their design allows for that easily. Even the season pass is very obviously tacked on at the end once they saw what fortnite was at.

Or even better, just gimme this game with different arena modes and Titans, call it Titanfall 3 and take my 60 euro and be gone with all these micro transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Its EA. Even if it was buy to play there would still be micro transactions :P

I haven't played Apex in over a week. I know I'll come back to it again but I do feel burnt out currently.

Music which I used to find epic was really starting to get on my nerves. Good early sign :p

• Advertisement

Competitive mode
    Battle Pass with missions (casual mode only)
    New map

That's what I'd like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Censored11

I'd like solo play option and new map.
    I dont see any need to spend a cent on this game.

Edit: Im on level 101 & love the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

3 wins in my last 6 games, getting a shotgun early still wins as you destroy anything in the initial fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm getting a really annoying problem here, anytime someone invites me to join their party after a game....the game just stops working. As in, it's still running, but I can't connect to EA servers and even when I go to quit, hitting the quit to desktop button does nothing.

First time I put it down to a random bug but it's happened 4 times, and every time is exactly when someone sends me an invite after a game.

Anyway, on the game itself - I'd be happy to pay for a new map to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm getting a really annoying problem here, anytime someone invites me to join their party after a game....the game just stops working. As in, it's still running, but I can't connect to EA servers and even when I go to quit, hitting the quit to desktop button does nothing.

First time I put it down to a random bug but it's happened 4 times, and every time is exactly when someone sends me an invite after a game.

Anyway, on the game itself - I'd be happy to pay for a new map to be honest.

I have a friend who crashed anytime we invited him when he was loading the game up, we always had to wait for him to fully load up the lobby and then invite him on his say so.. So maybe just ignore/decline any invites until you're in the lobby, should be grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I STILL have the problem where when I finish a game if I don't reload it I'll be stuck at not ready forever.

I think I'd prefer the same map just with changes/expansion to it than split the player base with more maps. Weather systems or a day/night cycle would be fun but probably too hard to do across all systems. Maybe zombies.

If someone invites me to a party and im already in a game, it boots me out of the match and into the party. Is that normal? I assumed it was because the same happens to a friend and its been happening sense the day I installed Apex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

killanena wrote: »
    If someone invites me to a party and im already in a game, it boots me out of the match and into the party. Is that normal? I assumed it was because the same happens to a friend and its been happening sense the day I installed Apex.

If you accept the invite yes, if you wanna stay in the game, decline the invite.

I dont get a notification, Just instant loading screen back to the main menu the second someone sends me an invite.

My aim in this game is seriously bad, not sure why as I'm generally OK with stuff like Battlefield, but I have horrible tracking in Apex. I would say 7 times out of 10 I'm losing gunfights and sometimes getting butchered by people with much worse guns.. Tried lowering sensitivity and definitely better but I'm still poor.

Definitely notice other people's stat trackers - I've seen people with identical damage done to me, but double the kills. So they're knocking down people in gunfights, while I'm constantly doing a lot of damage but almost always losing the fight.

Still love it though. One game you're tactfully trying to land in isolation to build up supplies and sneak your way into the final few squads.....the next you're landing on top of 3 other squads and all frantically scrambling for any sort of weapon while trying to avoid being punched to death.

Both are great fun in their own ways. It's the aspect of playing with randomers I enjoy - you never know how the game's gonna start, how it'll go, or what the plan is. Sure, it can be frustrating, and you definitely achieve more playing with friends, but at least it's always fresh/dynamic.

I bought the Battlepass the other day just to support the game. I'd say I've almost played it as much as I've played BFV so far.

My aim in this game is seriously bad, not sure why as I'm generally OK with stuff like Battlefield, but I have horrible tracking in Apex. I would say 7 times out of 10 I'm losing gunfights and sometimes getting butchered by people with much worse guns.. Tried lowering sensitivity and definitely better but I'm still poor.

If your playing on console they don't have aim assist like COD and battlefield so I would imagine it would take some adjusting. Also the stat tracker isn't really a good way to judge as they could main another character and just using an alt.

Until they add stat tracking that letsyou view other players over k/d/w it isn't easy to compare skill levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well the stat tracker is good for looking at damage done and is reliable.

Ive had the same thing happen to me,could have say 600damage dealt in a round with just 1 kill. Teammate may have done 250 damage but has 4 kills. Just depends who gets the last shot in for the down.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Definitely notice other people's stat trackers - I've seen people with identical damage done to me, but double the kills. So they're knocking down people in gunfights, while I'm constantly doing a lot of damage but almost always losing the fight.

Still love it though. One game you're tactfully trying to land in isolation to build up supplies and sneak your way into the final few squads.....the next you're landing on top of 3 other squads and all frantically scrambling for any sort of weapon while trying to avoid being punched to death.

Both are great fun in their own ways. It's the aspect of playing with randomers I enjoy - you never know how the game's gonna start, how it'll go, or what the plan is. Sure, it can be frustrating, and you definitely achieve more playing with friends, but at least it's always fresh/dynamic.

I bought the Battlepass the other day just to support the game. I'd say I've almost played it as much as I've played BFV so far.

This happens to me but it's due to a known hitreg issue.. Which the devs have acknowledged. When it will be fixed who knows.

It's so inconsistent, I can do hundreds of damage and get no knocks. It's always the last hit that seems to miss.. Mildly infuriating. And then I have games with laser precision and 9+ kills.

A perfect example of this is when using the peacekeeper. Sometimes is does 40+ damage others 10 at point blank. I can get over hitreg, can compensate for it but the lack of weapons/ammo lately is really killing my enjoyment of the game.

I'd be more interested in damage done per game stat

Yeah I'm on PC not console. Just have terrible time killing people. Actually part of the problem for me is shooting at distance. I honestly find it really hard to make people out against a lot of the backdrops, so I'm finding it impossible to track them. Even sometimes watching streams or teammate feeds, I can barely see what they're shooting at!

At close quarters my accuracy isn't bad, even with the Wingman....but most engagements are at medium/longer range.

I might have a look at changing some graphics settings around or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If your playing on console they don't have aim assist like COD and battlefield so I would imagine it would take some adjusting. Also the stat tracker isn't really a good way to judge as they could main another character and just using an alt.

Until they add stat tracking that letsyou view other players over k/d/w it isn't easy to compare skill levels.

This definitely has aim assist on console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

AdamD wrote: »

No one said it didn't

AdamD wrote:

tuxy wrote:
    No one said it didn't

I did and I was told by a friend who plays on console it didn't, I was misinformed by the looks of it.

Yeah I'm on PC not console. Just have terrible time killing people. Actually part of the problem for me is shooting at distance. I honestly find it really hard to make people out against a lot of the backdrops, so I'm finding it impossible to track them. Even sometimes watching streams or teammate feeds, I can barely see what they're shooting at!

At close quarters my accuracy isn't bad, even with the Wingman....but most engagements are at medium/longer range.

I might have a look at changing some graphics settings around or something.
    There are colour blind settings. Not suggesting you're colour blind but it might help for enemies to stand out more. Might try it out myself actually :-D

The inconsistencies with aim could.be down to weapon and attachments. Some games you're stocked up with good gear and others you're not. The attachments have a lot to do with aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I did and I was told by a friend who plays on console it didn't, I was misinformed by the looks of it.

Ah, I figured when you said it doesn't have aim assist like cod you meant the aim assist was different and not as strong as cod(which is the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If your playing on console they don't have aim assist like COD and battlefield so I would imagine it would take some adjusting.

This isn't true man. There is a ton of auto aim. It's what makes Bangalores voice line about auto aim even funnier. :p

The aiming reticle sticks like glue to the opponent who runs across you in the same way it did in Halo. It's actually just as strong as it is in COD, it just doesn't work at long range.

So I changed my graphics settings, resolution and model detail still 1440p/max/max texture, but other stuff reduced....way better. Finding it much easier to track enemies now. Not going to be a world champion anytime soon, but getting much more damage, knockdowns and kills on average now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

So I changed my graphics settings, resolution and model detail still 1440p/max/max texture, but other stuff reduced....way better. Finding it much easier to track enemies now. Not going to be a world champion anytime soon, but getting much more damage, knockdowns and kills on average now.

What specific settings did you drop. I've the same issue :/

tusk wrote: »
    What specific settings did you drop. I've the same issue :/

Resolution and model/texture detail all at max, pretty much everything else set to low or off.

Doesn't look a huge amount different but it's just a little easier to see and track people.

I'm playing much better now.

• Advertisement

Nice little balance patch injecting some freshness

Advertisement