Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Came home today and found myself with an empty house. Proceeded to play for 3 straight hours, got 1 win and 2 second place finishes as best results. Felt it was only fair to buy the battle pass, and have burned through a good chunk of the challenges already. I dunno why, but I'm enjoying it immensely since I initially dropped it shortly after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

I bought both season passes as well. Just really wanted to support the game, it's the most polished free to play game I've personally experienced and the game doesn't push any purchases in your face at all. I used to play a lot of Overwatch but I haven't played it properly in weeks, nearly always Apex.....have completely gone off Battlefield 5 too.

https://xboxclips.com/Stone%20xb/fb8b110a-da83-4791-97a8-8369057b487c/embed

A fairly unremarkable clip, but it doesn't reflect the match, between myself and my teammate, we got 23 kills, about 40% of the other players! Needless to say, I stopped for the day after that as I won't top that for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Anyone try Solos yet? or is it not out till later today.

Anyone try Solos yet? or is it not out till later today.

Tried it, but not a fan tbh, If anything it highlights how much of a team game this is.

speaking of teams,

anyone on here playing on xbox? I'm on most evenings for a few matches, the randoms aren't too bad for the most part with the ping system, but it would be nice to have a proper team using mic's for sharing loot and better tactics.

Gamertag : Stone xb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Solo's is pretty **** alright, took me all day to get 1 bloody win yesterday. The amount of times i came second was crazy. Seems the tact is to wait until there are 3 players left and be the last one to shoot to win.. Kept getting caught on the reload or heal.. And EVERYBODY is packing a peacekeeper..

It is good for one thing, knocking out the battlepass dailies/weeklies :D

Oh and im on PC, sorry Stone :P

Snipers are even more useless in solo

nix wrote: »
    . Seems the tact is to wait until there are 3 players left and be the last one to shoot to win..

Oh and im on PC, sorry Stone :P

No Worries,

TBH, that tactic you mention above is the one that has gotten me several wins, once it drops down to the final 4, relax a bit and try and get a good position, but if we hear a skirmish, we make sure to head in the direction of gunfire to mop up the 'softened up' teams. It might be seen as a bit of a scummy strat, but a wins a win.

Snipers are even more useless in solo

They do kinda suck in solo, but thats only because you get caught out on a reload with yer close range weapon when most are rocking peacekeeper/r99 like setups, but they are incredible in standard, i used to avoid them but i always pick up a longbow now when i see it. And the kraber, when you hit a instant kill 240dmg headshot.. nothing like it..
    but if we hear a skirmish, we make sure to head in the direction of gunfire to mop up the 'softened up' teams. It might be seen as a bit of a scummy strat, but a wins a win.

Aye tiz a sound tactic, just not in my nature.. kill'em all!

mSwcQ57.gif

Luckiest Apex win ever from me?

Gotta love them yellow knockdown shields :pac:

• Advertisement

Trying to win a solo as Gibralter in this game is insanely hard, he really is a bag o sh!t, i know abilities aint based on solo balance but they really need to overhaul his abilities as they are poop in trio also.. his "Gun shield" is feckin useless, it covers feck all, protects for feck all damage and makes a noise when it turns on giving away position..

In a tight spot his Dome of protection can work against you more than for you, unless the enemy is far away, they really should have the barrier work like watsons electric fences that damage/slow enemies that pass through..

His ult his fine but yeah, the gun shield is a joke..:mad:

EDIT: Literally got the win in the next game after posting this, in the most pathetic fashion ever, i did about 250dmg total, i should moan in here more often :pac:

Now to never play Gib ever again... hopefully

I think Gibraltar is great, especially towards the end-game.....dome shield keeps you safe from enemy Gibraltar/Bangalore bombardments, or even your own bombardments. Also you can turn off his gun shield, you don't have to use it! I think he works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I love his gun shield. Gives me something to aim at from far away.

Homelander wrote: »
    I think Gibraltar is great, especially towards the end-game.....dome shield keeps you safe from enemy Gibraltar/Bangalore bombardments, or even your own bombardments. Also you can turn off his gun shield, you don't have to use it! I think he works well.

It also keeps your enemy safe, all they need to do is rush your dome which you cant run from as your own ult will wreck you :(

And yeah i ended up just leaving the shield off mostly, my point is that its so bad they should just change it to something more useful, like everybody else's abilities :pac:

Yeah but that's a good thing, even if the enemy squad does rush your dome (often they won't as unlike Bangalore's, squads fighting among themselves hardly ever notice Gibraltars bombardment coming in) you still have the advantage of lying in wait.

All abilities have their place but I think his are definitely far from the worst. Not sure what I'd consider the worst....Mirage's ultimate is seriously crap I think.

Yeah but that's a good thing, even if the enemy squad does rush your dome (often they won't as unlike Bangalore's, squads fighting among themselves hardly ever notice Gibraltars bombardment coming in) you still have the advantage of lying in wait.

All abilities have their place but I think his are definitely far from the worst. Not sure what I'd consider the worst....Mirage's ultimate is seriously crap I think.

I would have agreed a few months ago but since they buffed his abilities, hes in a much better place. I find using his ult for offensive sneaking works best, most dont, yer pretty much invisible now, but using it to get away works great too, I've gotten out of a lot of tight spots with it.

Grinding out the battlepass challenges at the moment, have to say, I really find it hard to deal with Gibraltar and Caustics animations. I know they're not actually moving slower than other heroes, but the slower arm movements really throw me off.

Grinding out the battlepass challenges at the moment, have to say, I really find it hard to deal with Gibraltar and Caustics animations. I know they're not actually moving slower than other heroes, but the slower arm movements really throw me off.

Aye Gib feels alot slower than everybody else, i even think he used to be worse, with Caustic though i dont feel he's as slow. But yeah sucky, i think they should have just redesigned the characters tbh, made everybody slimish for the sake of hitbox balance..

I got myself the Absolute monarchy badge (win with every legend in solo's) which was nice, the only tough characters to get a win with were Gib and Caustic for some strange reason :rolleyes:

It's amazing the psychological affect of it! Same in Overwatch, feel like I'm moving incredibly slowly with Orissa or Bastion, but all characters move at the same base speed, it's the animations and sound design that add that lumbering feel.

I used to only ever play Lifeline, since I've started doing the challenges I'm now playing a random mix of everyone all the time, really breathed more life into the game for me (even though I still loved it just playing as Lifeline). Bit of catching up to do though. 30 wins with LL this season so far, next is Bangalore with 5 I think.

It's amazing the psychological affect of it! Same in Overwatch, feel like I'm moving incredibly slowly with Orissa or Bastion, but all characters move at the same base speed, it's the animations and sound design that add that lumbering feel.

I used to only ever play Lifeline, since I've started doing the challenges I'm now playing a random mix of everyone all the time, really breathed more life into the game for me (even though I still loved it just playing as Lifeline). Bit of catching up to do though. 30 wins with LL this season so far, next is Bangalore with 5 I think.

I'm still going for the achievement where you get a win with each legend,

only wraith, caustic, gibraltar and octane to go.
    never any problems getting the two big lads, but wraith and octane are consistently picked on console, so you can be SOL if you're not first pick.

I also wish random jumpmasters wouldn't head for octanes playground, where getting murderized is an inevitability. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I have to say I'm really enjoying the Solo mode. I find myself being much braver as I'm not worried about silly things like giving the squad's position away. I've gotten a fair few kills now in solo.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm really enjoying the Solo mode. I find myself being much braver as I'm not worried about silly things like giving the squad's position away. I've gotten a fair few kills now in solo.

I find I'm the opposite. So easy to get third-person'd after a fight. Healing when you don't have team mates to cover you is scary.

I find I'm the opposite. So easy to get third-person'd after a fight. Healing when you don't have team mates to cover you is scary.

Yeah, i cant take to it either, I'm only hopping in for the quick challenges - i.e. play a game as x character. otherwise I don't enjoy it at all.

Yeah you need to put a timer on your fights, if its taking long to kill whoever you're fighting, best to just disengage/heal and then feck off elsewhere, or wait and third party whoever else jumps into the fight.

But yeah overall, im still on the fence over solo's, but i dont think they're failing like everybody thought they would, theres some fun in them, its just some classes are fairly useless in comparison to others..

I'm hoping they do a duo's event in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think I've been either very lucky or very clever with my landing area, I try to avoid the crowds and so far have avoided getting third personed. I still enjoy the squads but I'm having much more one in the one on one battles in solo.

Im enjoying solos too, I'm mostly a random player so I'm enjoying going at my own pace and doing my own thing instead of chasing two other guys around the map. I last a lot longer and get way more kills.

I know they're only skins and no-ones forcing you to buy them, but the pricing for the Iron Crown Legend stuff is insane. Basically €20 for one skin.

I know they're only skins and no-ones forcing you to buy them, but the pricing for the Iron Crown Legend stuff is insane. Basically €20 for one skin.

The axe is apparently $170

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I hoped one last night for the first time sense season 1 to give the solo mode a whirl. I really enjoy it I must say. Like an above most mentions, I like to take my time and loot. Still rocking lifeline as I love those faster heals and shield recharges. Saved me more times then I can put a number on.

• Advertisement

Yeah i really like lifeline also, shes invaluable in most team comps. But for ages i found late game her ult is pretty much useless, until a few weeks ago, i was playing her and it was coming up to final circle stand offs, and there was a team inside a building, fortified.

The next circle landed in their favour, they didnt need to move, i did and i was going to be stuck in the open, the ult was ready so i ran out to and summoned the drop pod into the next circle and boom, makeshift cover for me to run to :pac:

Advertisement