Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

After an extended break I am really enjoying this game again. Think the balance in ranked matches is pretty good (squad dependent of course) and I clocked up a lot of season 3 wins before the end, and already have 10 season 4. Doesn't seem like a lot but I don't play that often and I was just getting rolled in season 1.

Also noticed the game isn't as toxic as other online games, a few annoyances like people looting instead of reviving you, especially if you do the work in downing the other squad and they are busy collecting purple attachments.

The other day I did have someone who when I got downed waited until I died, recovered the banner and said I am not letting you spawn. After reading up about it I only realized I could have left after a certain time rather than watch them creep around the circle looting, then to be downed by three lads in white shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It's funny, after having fond memories of Kings Canyon, now that I was able to play it again I think I prefer the new place. More varied environment makes a big difference, and it's more dynamic too with the train and the hydro jumps and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

I actually much prefer Kings Canyon, though I suppose a part of that is nostalgia...Worlds Edge is definitely more interesting and dynamic, games feel far less samey compared to KC....but given the choice I'd play far more KC. Miss those manic rushes for bunker, drop-ship and skulltown. Looking forward to being able to play it in ranked mode in the second half of S4.

Went back to public matches and it's back to normal this season so played that again a good bit and having fun. Last season with the same stats it was constantly matching me with apex predators and diamond level people for some reason, so there was definitely something gone wrong with SBMM (I am in no way shape or form apex/diamond level) for me in S3. The point I gave up was when I was killed by an Apex Predator twitch streamer with a k/d of 9.5.

Ever since I started playing S4 it's gone back to normal like it was in public, matched with people clearly more my skill level so normal mix of good/bad games. In ranked I am sort of hovering around Platinum 2, don't think I'll get beyond that.
    Am I the only skinflint who just saves up all the coins to recycle for the next battle pass?

I bought the battle pass for season 2 and 3 but this one I had enough coins to buy it that way so I did. I do like supporting the game though, I've spent E20 on it since it came out and have put....well, I don't know how many hours into it, but a lot. So the battle every season is a fair price to pay I think when the game is free. Especially will all the new content...not just characters or map changes but all the amazing game modes like winter express, gold duos, night maps, seasonal events, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played this again last night with a mate for the first time in a while. It really is edge of your seat stuff. The knowing when to press and when to run like a girl is hilarious.

It was my 2nd most played game last year after Division 2 which I was surprised at when I saw the stat but once I booted it up again I remember why I played so much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Homelander wrote: »
    I actually much prefer Kings Canyon, though I suppose a part of that is nostalgia...Worlds Edge is definitely more interesting and dynamic, games feel far less samey compared to KC....but given the choice I'd play far more KC. Miss those manic rushes for bunker, drop-ship and skulltown. Looking forward to being able to play it in ranked mode in the second half of S4.

Went back to public matches and it's back to normal this season so played that again a good bit and having fun. Last season with the same stats it was constantly matching me with apex predators and diamond level people for some reason, so there was definitely something gone wrong with SBMM (I am in no way shape or form apex/diamond level) for me in S3. The point I gave up was when I was killed by an Apex Predator twitch streamer with a k/d of 9.5.

Ever since I started playing S4 it's gone back to normal like it was in public, matched with people clearly more my skill level so normal mix of good/bad games. In ranked I am sort of hovering around Platinum 2, don't think I'll get beyond that.

I bought the battle pass for season 2 and 3 but this one I had enough coins to buy it that way so I did. I do like supporting the game though, I've spent E20 on it since it came out and have put....well, I don't know how many hours into it, but a lot. So the battle every season is a fair price to pay I think when the game is free. Especially will all the new content...not just characters or map changes but all the amazing game modes like winter express, gold duos, night maps, seasonal events, etc.

I'm still getting matched with Diamonds and Predators in casual matches, very strange. I'm a pretty average player (will probably end up in plat) so I don't know why I'm getting matched with them.

Yeah that's a good point, no harm in supporting them with a few Battle Passes. Though their prices for shop skins are grotesque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Loving this game but have no mates to play it, anyone interested in a Apex Discord for LFG?

Is there much cheating in this game? I'd often watch shivfps while doing the dinner and he's always going on about cheaters, they usually spectate if they die and there are a few instances when it's obviously cheating. Anyone confirm on pc?

Anyone else play this solo? The game needs a solo player only filter so that solo players can be matched with like minded players.

I'm on Gold and simply cannot progress. A typical game for me involves getting matched with 2 other players who are teamed up and in private chat. The game involves chasing them around the map, usually a good distance behind as often I wont even notice that they've moved on and they haven't pinged to let me know. Without fail they will get killed and I then have to race to their rescue. Often I'll race to their rescue and get killed myself. At times this then leads to an abusive xbox PM along the lines of "idiot". Sometimes I get invited to their private chat only to be verbally abused. (I've since learnt not to accept chat invites because of this).

The game is very different on silver and Bronze. People playing for fun and working as a team using the ping system.

I dont even mind being matched with lads who are teamed up in private chat so long as they work as a team of 3 and use the ping system.

But without fail, the only time I can ever get a win is when it is a team of 3 working together and using the ping system.

It could be easily possible to match people who arent mic'ed or who arent in private chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Party chat has killed teamwork in console games (saying this as someone who plays in party chat 100% of the time).

AdamD wrote: »
    Party chat has killed teamwork in console games (saying this as someone who plays in party chat 100% of the time).

Chat helps alright but the ping system is a major help. A Bloodhound in the team helps as well to point out nearby enemies.

Depends how competitive you wanna be I suppose. I play purely for fun. Few beers and hope for the best.

I tried the deja loot and by god that was competitive. Was getting hammered so had to give up very sharpish.

• Advertisement

Fwiw, I've started playing on east coast US servers and I'm having a much better experience with regards to team work and just general respect for other players. I'm getting pings of 80-90ms which I'm sure doesnt help my game but hey I'm having fun which is what it's all about at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Fwiw, I've started playing on east coast US servers and I'm having a much better experience with regards to team work and just general respect for other players. I'm getting pings of 80-90ms which I'm sure doesnt help my game but hey I'm having fun which is what it's all about at the end of the day.

I used to play on US servers with 150 ping.
    It's definitely playable at 90.

I gave up on Apex recently due to SBMM which always had me put against tryhard diamond/predator squads. I'd get killed in seconds if I was playing alone.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I used to play on US servers with 150 ping.
    It's definitely playable at 90.

I gave up on Apex recently due to SBMM which always had me put against tryhard diamond/predator squads. I'd get killed in seconds if I was playing alone.

Ironically ranked feels more casual than casual now, as I'm not constantly getting matched against predators & diamonds in it :rolleyes:.

What level are ye all at out of curiosity?

I’m lvl 54. Not that it’s any sort of bar of skill. I’m still shiiiiiite. Lol

What level are ye all at out of curiosity?

I’m lvl 54. Not that it’s any sort of bar of skill. I’m still shiiiiiite. Lol

I hit 200 a wee while ago. Apex is one of my main MP games though.

I hit 200 a wee while ago. Apex is one of my main MP games though.

Bejaysus. Fair play. Is that the max level cap?

Bejaysus. Fair play. Is that the max level cap?

Oh god no. I think it's 500 and they'll probably increase that at some point.

Oh god no. I think it's 500 and they'll probably increase that at some point.

Seriously 500! Foook. I thought I was playing a good bit to be at 54. Lol

Seriously 500! Foook. I thought I was playing a good bit to be at 54. Lol

I saw someone with >30k kills once. I still don't know whether to be impressed or depressed that someone plays this that much :).

126. I'm fairly brutal so it's mainly through quantity of games. I'm Gold lv4 and cannot budge on it. Can barely get a kill. Not much fun anymore tbh, I'm on COD warzone and racking up 4-6 kills per game which is pretty good for me and a lot more satisfying than being cannon fodder.

• Advertisement

I'm in Plat, noticing a lot more toxicity..still loads of loot goblins. Really hard to find a decent team too.

126. I'm fairly brutal so it's mainly through quantity of games. I'm Gold lv4 and cannot budge on it. Can barely get a kill. Not much fun anymore tbh, I'm on COD warzone and racking up 4-6 kills per game which is pretty good for me and a lot more satisfying than being cannon fodder.

I tried getting a game in Warzone but I got constant errors so gave up.

Apex is much harder because of the time to kill. I think I'm about level 200 as well, Platinum 3. Not playing much at the moment though, gone back to BF5 and a bit of COD warzone with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Eh... 146 now I think. Had a great game there I had to be respawned twice but then in the last fight My caustic Ult saved the day. Nice to feel useful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm level 164 myself but only because I've racked up the deaths as opposed to the kills haha.

Tried playing yesterday on PS but encountered some serious server issues and crashes. Gave up after three attempts.

I'm having serious problems with the new update, I'm glad they've introduced rotating maps but it's really messed with the mode selection, I only play casuals for KC After Dark when changing between modes I've always had to go out to the start menu and back in again to avoid getting stuck on "party member preloading" but now I have to do it after every ranked match because the mode keeps reverting back to casual trios, it's very frustrating.

Some of the updates seem strange. Hits to legs and arms of low profile characters now does same damage as body hits....that seems a bit OTT.

Also, reducing sniper ammo and sniper storage space again....it was fine as it was, they seem to want to make people abandon sniping completely.

Nice Lifeline buff for the lootgoblins. I didn't cop for ages that I was the only person who could access that extra loot.

Cool limited time game mode now active, where everyone drops with white shields and a P2020. You can't find better shields on the map, nor EVO shields - white's as good as it gets.

The reason the game mode is so good is that it completely changes how a lot of people are playing the game.

Cool limited time game mode now active, where everyone drops with white shields and a P2020. You can't find better shields on the map, nor EVO shields - white's as good as it gets.

The reason the game mode is so good is that it completely changes how a lot of people are playing the game.

I played a few times and every time my squad goes to the busiest spots, absolute carnage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Im looking forward to everyone having evo shields, will give agressive teams a better advantage towards the end of the game.

Advertisement