Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Finally maxed out my season 4 battle pass. First time I've done that, but everything felt great to play this season so I just kept coming back to it. Should be enough coins to discount the next one too.

Still mostly playing Revenant so it will be interesting to see if there's any in-game interaction between himself and Loba on the same team or if they end up facing each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

New season later today. Be interesting to see the new map, don't really care about the new character so much.

Not playing Apex as much as I used to as gone back to Overwatch/COD with friends, but it's still my favourite BR game.

New update is buggy as hell. Keep losing access to my unlocked characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I like the updates to the map but I'm disappointed not to have the option of World's Edge at times.

Edit: Just reading the patch notes and it's only for the first two weeks.

The new between character voice lines are great. Revenant is viscous when teamed with Loba.

“You’re kill leader, Loba? Heh. I have at least two kills over you. Mommy and Daddy”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Is it still as sweaty as season 3? Moved away half way during season 3. Might come back for 5 tho. But I'd only be playing once a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

fixXxer wrote: »
    The new between character voice lines are great. Revenant is viscous when teamed with Loba.

“You’re kill leader, Loba? Heh. I have at least two kills over you. Mommy and Daddy”

When he revives her: "Isn't this interesting? Too bad your parents aren't alive to see this" :D

I've yet to play on a team with Loba and Revenant, looking forward to it eventually.

Only played one game as Loba so far and got a win. She's actually quite good, her teleport is handy, it's one of those tacticals that's really handy come end-game.

I got a skin for her in a lootbox that looks very similar to Sombra in Overwatch. Combine the appearance, with the tactical ability, and her general demeanour/accent, I think it's very much an homage.

Somehow, third partying has become even worse though. The amount of times you'd be in the middle of a fight and you'd get four and fifth partied is insane.

Overall good season so far really. Can't fault it apart from the early hit-reg issues which were very annoying.

The new mirage changes really are great. Sending your decoy around the corner with their gun up is really effect, so much better than the jog only thing it used to be. The invisible revive is very powerful too. in a fact with the only other squad, I managed to rez my two buddies as the other team walked past looking for us. Popped up behind them and YOU ARE THE APEX CHAMPION.

Crossplay coming later this year between PS4, Xbox, PC and Switch.

Delighted about Crossplay. Skeptical about how it will run on Switch.

• Advertisement

Liking the look of Lifelines new robo rez. Have we just forgotten about Worlds End at this stage? Another add on the Kings Canyon, meh.

New season is really good, most I've enjoyed the game since S2 I would say.

Someone asked if it is as sweaty as S3 - for me absolutely not at all, S3 had horrendous public matchmaking that seemed to think everyone with a >1 k/d belonged together.

I hated that season and played it very little as it was zero fun getting smashed by Predators constantly. No season has been that bad since, but this one is the best yet I think in terms of balance.

I play Lifeline a good bit and the new changes are excellent, now she's where she should always have been - a real combat medic, finally! Until the changes Gibraltar was a way better "combat medic" with the dome and fast revive.

Other changes like Mirages rework, Octanes buff and Revenant's Death Totem getting buffed are all really good too. The only big issue at the moment is that Loba's tactical doesn't work on World's Edge 80% of the time which is incredibly infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Im loving this game since release and have maxed out on all seasons so far & now nearly there on season 5.
    Pathfinder is my Main even if he has been nerfed a bit.

Loba is great early game but of no use later on IMO.

Just finished my battle pass last night. Really enjoyed that season I have to say. The custom interactions between characters really adds personality to the game.

I'd like it next season if they do the story mode bit again, if it had proper voice acting. A bit more mission variation would be nice as well. While I do appreciate the frantic pace of the Go to Point > Defend Point > Escape, it feels like its a place where they could really do anything and just have fun with ideas.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Just finished my battle pass last night. Really enjoyed that season I have to say. The custom interactions between characters really adds personality to the game.

I'd like it next season if they do the story mode bit again, if it had proper voice acting. A bit more mission variation would be nice as well. While I do appreciate the frantic pace of the Go to Point > Defend Point > Escape, it feels like its a place where they could really do anything and just have fun with ideas.

I liked the mini single player missions but then realised as soon as you die you just respawn at the exact same spot. took all the tension out of it. Also...NEW MAP please.
    I wonder if they will carry over onto the next Gen in November.

Parsnips wrote: »
    I liked the mini single player missions but then realised as soon as you die you just respawn at the exact same spot. took all the tension out of it. Also...NEW MAP please.
    I wonder if they will carry over onto the next Gen in November.

I've been playing them solo, so I've not died yet. Caustic works great and aI assume if you're alone it scales back the difficulty.

New Season Game Play Trailer

Looking forward to this. The last two seasons have been great fun.

Season 6 off to an absolutely flying start!

https://twitter.com/sad_ryu/status/1295777666939920386?s=20

Nice map changes.
    Nice gameplay elements thrown in.

nobody can accuse this game of being sexist. serious Females here and all fully clothed :(;)

After years of cold aloofness as Symettra in Overwatch, its been fun hearing the voice actress have some fun with Rampart.

Shouting "hows yer ma??" as you fill someones face with bullets might never get old :D

• Advertisement

Her over use of the word "Mates" was annoying me TBH,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I like the Armor change, encourages aggressive play and probably leads to fairer fights at the end of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Loving the new season. The crafting system is excellent and helps with decision making when picking weapons to use.

Nice being able to just buy a purple backpack sometimes too.

While I love using them, energy weapons need a nerf I think. They absolutely melt before you even have a chance to react.

I think the changes are good but the game is kinda dead to me the last while. Used to play it every day, now once every two weeks if even. Their match-making system is just awful. 80% of my games the champion squad is made up of a 4k-20k damage badge trio.

Homelander wrote: »
    I think the changes are good but the game is kinda dead to me the last while. Used to play it every day, now once every two weeks if even. Their match-making system is just awful. 80% of my games the champion squad is made up of a 4k-20k damage badge trio.

I try stick to rankes AMAP purely to get teamed up with better squad mates. Im no Apex Master but Casual does tend to land you with absolute gimps.
    I find it enfuriating when someone decides to drop and then reverse path to where everyone ahs already jumped to and also muppets that do not seperate when close to landing and then follow you around for a minute. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Anyone still playing this and around for the new season?

PaddyBomb on PS4.

Yep. Was on Season 7 this morning.
    Only just barely hit lvl110 on season 6 on Monday.

New map is kin massive. Visual are great.

Just when I think I know every corner of a map....
    BANG
    Im back to being Sh1te ( Sh1ter) and have no clue where I am going

Playing Apex nearly everyday since launch day . A great great shooter.
    Looks like big changes to the levelling up system now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Fired this up today with a friend, last played when they added Loba. Loved the look of the new map so was excited to jump in, which was then completely soured by seeing they've added in cars and crafting and all that fortnite bollox.

Completely ruined a good game, they made it so easy for you to get fecked rezzing a friend or 3rd partied by people just rolling up in cars..

Ugh wtf were they thinking? :mad:

• Advertisement

Getting 3rd partied has been thing for ages :pac: Once people know the map it's ways the same hot spots they gravitate to. I was thinking it was nice to have a map no one knows as it was leading to more random encounters.

Advertisement