Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

fixXxer wrote: »
    Gonna chime in and say finding this season much tougher anything so far. I've completed the battle pass since season four, and usually end up with a good few wins by the time the end rolls around. Stuck on 3 so far and finding my self paired up with some absolute murder machine teams. Part of it is that Caustic doesn't work well on the new map and that's who I'd lave the most play time with but there's been so many times an enemy team has just absolutely lasered us to pieces, and then on the kill screen I see it was some lad with 10,000 kills and 10 Billion damage.

Having said all that, it feels so smooth playing this on a PS5 compared to a launch PS4.

You playing ranked or vanilla? I find ranked a lot better for ensuring you've solid teammates (who are less likely to quit when downed / be idiots)

Caustic can be very good in Bonsai/Oasis clogging up the elevators. Battle pass was bad at the start as the challenges were super grindy, but it's a bit better now after they reverted it to semi-normal. Olympus is a snipers dream though, huge open fields in the middle. Hoping they can inject a few changes into world's edge in next update again to liven it up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Shlippery wrote: »
    You playing ranked or vanilla? I find ranked a lot better for ensuring you've solid teammates (who are less likely to quit when downed / be idiots)

Caustic can be very good in Bonsai/Oasis clogging up the elevators. Battle pass was bad at the start as the challenges were super grindy, but it's a bit better now after they reverted it to semi-normal. Olympus is a snipers dream though, huge open fields in the middle. Hoping they can inject a few changes into world's edge in next update again to liven it up a little.

Both :pac: Trios to warm up, then ranked, then back to Trios when I start losing the rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm actually finding ranked easier this season, though struggling a little with final circles on this map. A lot seem to end in areas with little cover, becomes a bit of a lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Homelander wrote: »
    I feel the same. I'm a Plat player, but playing public matches about 7 times out of 10 I'm up against 20-kill/4k damage badge opponents.

Ranked is OK in theory but because it's a free game, and because of the stupid split system, you end up with god-tier "Bronze/Silver/Gold" smurfs who wreck the lobby fairly regularly.

What I hate about it, is unlike other games, it now makes you feel like you're absolutely **** at the game most of the time, when in reality you're not any worse than before.

Wasn't at all like that in earlier seasons where it was way more balanced and fair.

Fair enough if EA/Respawn think it's the best retention system, but I won't be buying any more battle passes.

That and there is no REAL incentive to play ranked. What I have found is Bronze, Silver, Gold you get great games in ranked, the game is enjoyable. Once you hit Plat you get lobbed into high plat/diamond matches and the game becomes 100 times as sweaty and horrible to play. It actually sucks the life out of you. The ONLY way to play ranked after plat is like a snail. Crawling around the map picking your encounters carefully so that you get + RP and not - RP.

The real issue with ranked is there is NOTHING to work towards. I buy the battlepass every season (I HATE the new battlepass btw) and you can achieve everything from just playing pubs. I think that if the devs actually gave you some unique stuff for sticking with ranked you would find alot of the smurfs would be grinding ranked and leaving pubs to the rest of us. What is happening now, is ranked is such a grind that players are going back to pubs which is destroying pub match making.

You used to be guaranteed fun games in pub but now both ranked and pubs are ruined with high skilled players not wanted to grind ranked.

Still the best BR out their though by a long shot.

Developing a real love/hate relationship with this Capture the Train timed event.

Squads storming the train, great fun.

Me wondering why my buddies are off in the middle of the map no where near the train, not so much.

• Advertisement

It's great for learning the guns and aiming, but I hate the downtime and not getting full squads. Too many cases where I've ended up as a solo at the start of the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Enjoying the game lately. I forgot how incredibly fun Winter Express is.

Still don't play public mostly, but actually having fun in ranked given that it's so long after the split that there aren't as many players left that don't belong in lower ranks.

Almost at Plat IV and have a k/d of 2.3.

Now that I've played it a lot, I really do like Olympus. I'd say World's Edge is my least favourite map now, though it's still a decent map.

I caved. I swore i'd never send money on skins bout I got the St. Caust-nick skin and now I shout Ho, ho......HO as I punch people to death with my finisher.

I'm not proud of what I've become.

Still don't play public mostly, but actually having fun in ranked given that it's so long after the split that there aren't as many players left that don't belong in lower ranks.

Now that I've played it a lot, I really do like Olympus. I'd say World's Edge is my least favourite map now, though it's still a decent map.

Haha, just in time for the split..tomorrow or the day after, and likely a return to World's Edge :pac:

I had a few great back to back gold wins but haven't played enough to get up to Plat for this split - getting consumed by 'Hades' and other games in the backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

fixXxer wrote: »
    Developing a real love/hate relationship with this Capture the Train timed event.

Squads storming the train, great fun.

Me wondering why my buddies are off in the middle of the map no where near the train, not so much.

If only the damage counted towards the badges, it's the only time I'm ever getting 3k :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

2.3 for the season?!

Got to Diamond 3 myself but I'd say my KD for the season is 1.3 or something, just absolutely tanks in ranked. Decided I'm not a fan of the map, its just too spread out.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Just hit Gold now and I can definitely see a big jump in skill level.

Im getting my ass handed to me all the time now.

AdamD wrote: »
    2.3 for the season?!

Got to Diamond 3 myself but I'd say my KD for the season is 1.3 or something, just absolutely tanks in ranked. Decided I'm not a fan of the map, its just too spread out.

Actually it's 2.2 up to Plat IV for the ranked season. My general season k/d is 1.5.

Average damage of 550 per game as well, and I know that's pretty decent, but the damn game makes you feel useless all the time.

Unplayable for me since latest patch. Constant crashes/lock ups, never had them until the Fight Night update.

Advertisement