Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Can anyone recommend good youtuber/streamer that plays this on console? Im actually addicted to this and while I dabbled in PUBG for a bit the last FPS I played properly was MW2 and I was pretty good at that!

In Apex, Im lucky if I manage two kills a game. :D

Would love to read some tips that are a bit more advanced (Gunplay tips etc) not the beginner type stuff of (make sure to ping and stuff explaining armor etc)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Read Titanfall tips as there's a lot of parallels and then throw your console away, get a PC with a proper control interface for FPS and you'll be laughing :P :D

But nonsense aside, there are definite parallels to this and Titanfall despite the lack of wall-running and double jumping etc. The sliding is there and the map provides many places to make good use of it. Take time to find the guns you like in the training area and then you'll know what it is you want to pick up when you're oot and aboot.

Learn how Shields and Health are 2 different things to be managed and keep them topped up with the various consumables. There are some consumables that restore both, make sure you're not wasting things.

I keep forgetting 3 things - Melee attacks, Grenades and my Super Moves. I figure once I have folded those into my routine, I'll be in pretty good shape.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Love these touches around the map, there is so much nice little things in the game like you showing up if you won the last game, having a bounty on you etc:

IqL36PH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone on PS4 that wants to group up? None of my PS4 mates seem to be playing it.

I do play with some mates on PS4 here and there

PSN ID: SeannyLovesTea

joe123 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend good youtuber/streamer that plays this on console? Im actually addicted to this and while I dabbled in PUBG for a bit the last FPS I played properly was MW2 and I was pretty good at that!

In Apex, Im lucky if I manage two kills a game. :D

Would love to read some tips that are a bit more advanced (Gunplay tips etc) not the beginner type stuff of (make sure to ping and stuff explaining armor etc)

are ye xbox or PS4 ?
    add me on PS4 : SeannyLovesTea

also BIG TIP for anyone on console...might work on PC too.

When you load the game up, it has Press X to begin.
    To the bottom left it has Configuration Options or something.
    Go into there..then go out. Wait about 30 or 40 secs (still not pressing X to go into game)
    You will see a prompt beside them options to PRESS R3 for Server locations.
    From there you can choose London or wherever is closest to you for lower pings.

I was put randomly onto a server near Saudi Arabia the other night, people laggin everywhere and crazy names.
    Changed location to London and everything was great.
    Went onto New York last night and was also fun.

• Advertisement

Had a match where there was only me and one other player on opposite squads. We actually both stuck around and saw it through to the end. My setup was unreal but of course as usual I get killed in two shots while reloading. There is a trick I'm missing here, I'm sure of it.

Had a match where there was only me and one other player on opposite squads. We actually both stuck around and saw it through to the end. My setup was unreal but of course as usual I get killed in two shots while reloading. There is a trick I'm missing here, I'm sure of it.

Having a 2nd weapon and switching to that first to use instead of reloading. (melee if you think he's nearly dead)

The damage numbers that come up reflect true damage.
    I.e
    If the numbers are purple ...it means a purple shield you are hitting.
    If they are white...it's a white lvl1 shield, blue for lvl2 etc
    Red is true damage to health
    If you get a yellow marker it's a headshot.

So maybe only melee 1v1 when you notice dmg numbers as red.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If anyone wants to add me on PSN I'm at Sad_Ryu

Not great, but trying hard!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    are ye xbox or PS4 ?

Go into there..then go out. Wait about 30 or 40 secs (still not pressing X to go into game)

I was put randomly onto a server near Saudi Arabia the other night, people laggin everywhere and crazy names.

Can confirm that this works on PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can confirm that this works on PC too.

How do you do it on PC? Currently doing the inactivity method to be kicked back to CONTINUE screen to see the server list... :o

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    are ye xbox or PS4 ?

Which is better ping or packet loss? London only has slightly better ping but Amsterdam has much less packet loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

If on ps4 and using a wired connection plug Ethernet out and in to kick start matchmaking process.

Which is better ping or packet loss? London only has slightly better ping but Amsterdam has much less packet loss.

packet loss is the amount of data lost when data is sent from one location to another and doesn't reach it's destination.
    Ideally you want 0% packet loss.

Pings from 1-70 are pretty much the same and all highly playable.
    70-140 you might notice a bit or good bit of lag
    150-300 is gonna be hard and you'll be missing shots and asking why they got you before you got them...especially on FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

25 million players and 2 million concurrently. This game isn't going anywhere for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Really enjoying this. BR games are a bit hit and miss with me, find the huge amount of weapons/attachments confusing at times. Rather fond of the peacekeeper.

Landing a ton of hits on people but cant seem to finish them off and then get rolled. Watched some Dr Disrespect earlier, hard to watch. That man is 36 years old. ! Although I can see his appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can see myself getting super into this like I did with Overwatch. The gunplay feels way better than OW. All the attachments and bits and bobs were melting my brain early on but it becomes very simple to keep track of after a while.

With that said...

6pjc8at7rxf21.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I honestly can’t believe I’m enjoying Apex Legends.

I’m not a BR game guy but these few things have swayed me:

Quick launching/loading getting you straight into a of a game.

Small map size leading to quicker action

The pinging system helpin team com’s

And obviously seriously tight respawn gunplay.

Don’t get me wrong I’m still **** at it but it feels waaaay different to other BR games I’ve tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Does anyone have a black screen when after the respawn/EA logos at start of the screen. I opened it up minimized yesterday and it worked fine but it won't work now and I've tried -window/-w in file target. Also Alt+ent doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the only thing stopping me playing this is the fear of stepping into the unknown
    I hate being that guy who steps into a game and being an utter noob.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Also can't believe I'm enjoying a BR game but respawns famed gunplay really shines.
    8 hours in and the only negative I have is it is a race to gear that wins more than anything else but that's what you get with BR games by nature.
    Great to see Titanfall 2 seeing a surge in numbers as people seem to want to check out what they been missing as PC gamer point out here.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/apex-legends-is-giving-titanfall-2-multiplayer-a-small-burst-of-life/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the only thing stopping me playing this is the fear of stepping into the unknown

That's me now. Myself and my 9 year old lad have been taking turns at games of this. I'm an embarrassment to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah will ya stop, your an unknown to anyone you will be playing so its just the unknown stepping into the unknown.

Its very easy to get into but hard to master which is ideal.

Get in there and enjoy yourself man and fcuk the begrudgers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

eggy81 wrote: »
    That's me now. Myself and my 9 year old lad have been taking turns at games of this. I'm an embarrassment to be honest.

Thats age for you alright. I feel the same nowadays with the new FPS games. I am getting old and I can really see the difference in FPS games. My eyes and reflexes are not what they used to be! :pac:

Thankfully, battle smarts and decades of experience are allowing us oldies to hold our own... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Found my first fully upgraded weapon from a random place off the ground, yellow mods and all... some assault rifle, and it sucked.

/cry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's full of noobs at the moment. You can do pretty good by just going to a less populated area and moving with care and letting everyone else fight it out. Only way to learn is to get time in the game, best way to do that is to avoid the crowds.

I spawned in with a random squad, one guy broke away from the drop team landed 800m away. The other got killed instantly but i still managed to come 9th, and only killed 1 person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im nearly 30 now and really find my twitch reflex's in games has become ****e :D i tried playing this with a few beers in me, disaster haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Most points are from just staying alive and getting your first kill of the day. So just playing the game advances your level but doesn't really count for much.
    Nice to see kill whores don't get ahead any quicker though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I heard they are working in a solo and duo mode. I much prefer playing these types of games solo or with a group of friends. Not randoms that quit before the game even begins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That ping option is a godsend. Was getting some random crap severs but since i statically chose London it's so much smoother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Few tips for Apex. Some you will already know.

1) When aiming at anything using a X3+ scope, whether it’s a tree or player etc, on the right hand side of the reticle, it shows the distance to target (DDT) and also the bottom of the reticle shows the single digit values which also measure the DTT. For example, if you aim at a target that is 420 metres away, you would then raise the scope up to the value of 4 to hit the target.

2) Running with no weapon gives a speed boost. Sliding with no weapon on a downward or even surface gives you an even bigger speed boost.

3) The trajectory on grenades is 100% accurate but there is a 4 second timer with no way to pre prime. Grenades should only be used for long range kills only.

4) You can scale walls and wooden panels even if they are way above the jump radius. If the surface is flat, hold A on it and you will slowly climb up the wall.

5) Bangalore and Bloodhound and fast becoming the meta combo with a smoke and scan combo. Very dangerous.

6) When you are downed you can still open and close doors.

7) You will see large red balloons with a rope tied to them scattered throughout the map. These are fast travel points and will allow you to go back into glide mode.

8) The developers have confirmed that there is no difference in movement speed between the characters.

9) Change your damage visibility settings to “floating” in the settings menu.

10) Wraiths passive only kicks in if someone is aiming at you.

11) If you are sliding and jump (bunny hop), you keep your momentum, which makes you a nightmare to hit.

Advertisement