Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hopefully some sort of stat tracking website turns up. Bit ridiculous that you can't even see your wins total. Those banners don't really solve it either.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Few tips for Apex. Some you will already know.

1) When aiming at anything using a X3+ scope, whether it’s a tree or player etc, on the right hand side of the reticle, it shows the distance to target (DDT) and also the bottom of the reticle shows the single digit values which also measure the DTT. For example, if you aim at a target that is 420 metres away, you would then raise the scope up to the value of 4 to hit the target.

2) Running with no weapon gives a speed boost. Sliding with no weapon on a downward or even surface gives you an even bigger speed boost.

3) The trajectory on grenades is 100% accurate but there is a 4 second timer with no way to pre prime. Grenades should only be used for long range kills only.

4) You can scale walls and wooden panels even if they are way above the jump radius. If the surface is flat, hold A on it and you will slowly climb up the wall.

5) Bangalore and Bloodhound and fast becoming the meta combo with a smoke and scan combo. Very dangerous.

6) When you are downed you can still open and close doors.

7) You will see large red balloons with a rope tied to them scattered throughout the map. These are fast travel points and will allow you to go back into glide mode.

8) The developers have confirmed that there is no difference in movement speed between the characters.

9) Change your damage visibility settings to “floating” in the settings menu.

10) Wraiths passive only kicks in if someone is aiming at you.

11) If you are sliding and jump (bunny hop), you keep your momentum, which makes you a nightmare to hit.

Someone watched the Jackfrags video on YouTube. :v

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

AdamD wrote: »
    Hopefully some sort of stat tracking website turns up. Bit ridiculous that you can't even see your wins total. Those banners don't really solve it either.

I think you can unlock different tabs for your banner. I got one in a pack that says track LMG shots. There might be one for overall kills rather than kills that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DarraghR

51585724_1972460926186215_405295164412657664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=068abee77c145249560a5b3301788ed1&oe=5CEE9746

www.facebook.com/apexlegendsireland

Apex Legends - PC / PS4 / XBOX ONE
    Feel free to create posts for matchmaking players in Ireland. Up to date news. Talk about your experiences share content

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Curious... Apex loot boxes, I used my 1000 coins off Origin Access on 10 of them. Game says you're guaranteed a legendary every 30 boxes. Does this include ones acquired off levelling?

• Advertisement

8) The developers have confirmed that there is no difference in movement speed between the characters.

Pretty sure Gilbrator is slower than the others... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

1) When aiming at anything using a X3+ scope, whether it’s a tree or player etc, on the right hand side of the reticle, it shows the distance to target (DDT) and also the bottom of the reticle shows the single digit values which also measure the DTT. For example, if you aim at a target that is 420 metres away, you would then raise the scope up to the value of 4 to hit the target.

2) Running with no weapon gives a speed boost. Sliding with no weapon on a downward or even surface gives you an even bigger speed boost.

3) The trajectory on grenades is 100% accurate but there is a 4 second timer with no way to pre prime. Grenades should only be used for long range kills only.

4) You can scale walls and wooden panels even if they are way above the jump radius. If the surface is flat, hold A on it and you will slowly climb up the wall.

5) Bangalore and Bloodhound and fast becoming the meta combo with a smoke and scan combo. Very dangerous.

6) When you are downed you can still open and close doors.

7) You will see large red balloons with a rope tied to them scattered throughout the map. These are fast travel points and will allow you to go back into glide mode.

9) Change your damage visibility settings to “floating” in the settings menu.

10) Wraiths passive only kicks in if someone is aiming at you.

11) If you are sliding and jump (bunny hop), you keep your momentum, which makes you a nightmare to hit.

ripped straight from Jackfrags lol video :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Pretty sure Gilbrator is slower than the others... :o

I thought so too, so much i hated playing him, but apparently its just his arms move slower while they swing when hes running, giving the perception that he moves slower :confused:

Does anybody know if these speeds are the same when weapons are out? Gibraltar just seems so sluggish in comparison to everybody else.. :(

nix wrote: »
    I thought so too, so much i hated playing him, but apparently its just his arms move slower while they swing when hes running, giving the perception that he moves slower :confused:

Does anybody know if these speeds are the same when weapons are out? Gibraltar just seems so sluggish in comparison to everybody else.. :(

Without a doubt I die far more using him and far quicker and I had put this down to his slowness. Maybe he's just a bigger target?

Without a doubt I die far more using him and far quicker and I had put this down to his slowness. Maybe he's just a bigger target?

I do wonder about the hit boxes. I feel like wraith is harder to hit because she doesn't run upright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

He is bigger so easier to hit but he has the shield to balance that. He does feel slower though, but I've been on a few servers where it feels like I'm running in treacle. But that happens with any character.

I'd be surprised if the hitboxes weren't the same for every character

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Never really got in to this whole BR fad but have been playing this the last two days and really enjoying it.

I suck, but somehow I’ve won three games!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Could they have not just kicked down the doors?

All though I only found out you could do that a few days ago, so I probably would have been running around like a gob****e too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

How many fcukin times have you got to shoot someone??
    Im sick of ambushing enemies, pumping them full of lead, they dont die & I get killed by a shot or two... melter !

Eta: Im using shotgun & big machine guns.

Im sick of ambushing enemies, pumping them full of lead, they dont die & I get killed by a shot or two... melter !

Stop missing.

What weapons are you using? and how far from the enemy were you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

nix wrote: »
    What weapons are you using? and how far from the enemy were you?
    Close enough. A few feet. Using shotgun & big guns. Im not missing that much. Maybe my internet is not as fast as these fcuks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Close enough. A few feet. Using shotgun & big guns. Im not missing that much. Maybe my internet is not as fast as these fcuks.

They could have souped up armour/guns and could be hitting head shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is anyone else finding the shotguns surprisingly effective? Eliminated a squad by myself last night (and got the kill leader trophy too!), the play wasn't anything special, but the peacemake shotgun just seemed to rip them asunder. It was a hot drop and they pushed us pretty much straight off the drop, so I suppose there's a good chance they didnt have great loot.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Until I read the comments on that vid, I had no idea you could melee the doors...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You can climb the trees! I've played hours and hours and I've just realized this.

Is anyone else finding the shotguns surprisingly effective? Eliminated a squad by myself last night (and got the kill leader trophy too!), the play wasn't anything special, but the peacemake shotgun just seemed to rip them asunder. It was a hot drop and they pushed us pretty much straight off the drop, so I suppose there's a good chance they didnt have great loot.

The peacekeeper and wingman is prob my most used load out, the peace keeper is amazing, especially with the choke, you can shoot the thing long range then.. the other two auto and pistol shotgun are crap. The Mastif (package drop shotty only) is the best gun in the game IMO..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Shiminay wrote: »
    Until I read the comments on that vid, I had no idea you could melee the doors...
    You can climb the trees! I've played hours and hours and I've just realized this.

insert *not sure if serious* meme :D

Eta: Im using shotgun & big machine guns.
    Game started off fairly easy, I was getting plenty of kills and winning games. Now I haven't had a kill in a while despite pumping them full of lead. I empty both guns on them, they live, I have to reload, they shoot me on one clip and I'm dead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Managed only my second win there as Lifeline, and was actually the only member of my team who'd killed anyone (a whopping three!) so feel satisfied with that. Undermined ever so slightly by the fact I'm pretty sure the other last two teams wiped themselves out while I was healing after a firefight and reviving a teammate :pac:

I was initially all about the shotguns, but I've found a decent machine gun with a decent ammo stock can do wonders. Having both on reserve seems the way to go (I say that mostly as someone who hates sniper rifle gameplay, mainly because I'm terrible at it).

I'd normally be all about the solo play option, but I love that with this I can drop into a game with randos and communicate with them effectively without having to turn on a mic. The ping system truly is a quietly genius piece of design that I reckon you'll see other games nicking fairly swift-like. I've ended up a few games where the other players have dropped out before the drop and ended up on my own, and it's just not the same tbh even if a full solo mode would obviously be much better balanced.

One weird little design flaw I've noticed is that ultimate accelerants aren't in the healing item wheel. Feels off to have to go into the main inventory to use them when you can basically ignore it otherwise.

Also: I love catching a glimpse of the multi-coloured jump trails during the first descent. Minor but fetching flourish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

One weird little design flaw I've noticed is that ultimate accelerants aren't in the healing item wheel. Feels off to have to go into the main inventory to use them when you can basically ignore it otherwise.

That explains why I can never find them after I pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Game started off fairly easy, I was getting plenty of kills and winning games. Now I haven't had a kill in a while despite pumping them full of lead. I empty both guns on them, they live, I have to reload, they shoot me on one clip and I'm dead.

This. This is what puts me off these games in the end. You can get the jump on someone but because they were lucky enough to find good armor you still end up losing to them.

Has anyone done a BR mode yet where there is no armor pick ups? I haven't played it since the first game, waiting for Solo, but I also feel by the time that happens, everyone else will know the maps/locations like the back of their hands. Being n00by in these type of games is a massive disadvantage.

• Advertisement

This. This is what puts me off these games in the end. You can get the jump on someone but because they were lucky enough to find good armor you still end up losing to them.

Has anyone done a BR mode yet where there is no armor pick ups? I haven't played it since the first game, waiting for Solo, but I also feel by the time that happens, everyone else will know the maps/locations like the back of their hands. Being n00by in these type of games is a massive disadvantage.

So... it's exactly like Deathmatch games that have been around for more than two decades... where you scurry asap for armor and guns upon spawning?

Advertisement