Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

BeerWolf wrote: »
    So... it's exactly like Deathmatch games that have been around for more than two decades... where you scurry asap for armor and guns upon spawning?

Never played anything in MP like that before the whole BR system. Much prefer the CoD/BF way of doing it. I'd get over having to find the guns, ammo and health, but I disagree with armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Never played anything in MP like that before the whole BR system. Much prefer the CoD/BF way of doing it. I'd get over having to find the guns, ammo and health, but I disagree with armor.

Pft... Quake virgin.

The game misses the balance that Titanfall has. Everyone can be a bad ass mofo in Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know what the battle pass will involve? I know the term and that they exist in other games but don't really know what they are. What is the apex battle pass likely to involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Quake, unreal tournament, counter strike (though not loot based, you can still out gear your enemy), Halo.. thats just off the top of my head.

Basically most decent fps that isn't BF, COD or a clone.
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the battle pass will involve? I know the term and that they exist in other games but don't really know what they are. What is the apex battle pass likely to involve?

My guess would be access to new legends as they release them, Kind of like rainbow six siege.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I swear companies are getting more vague as to what their extras include. See loads of complaints on BFV forums over the "deluxe" edition content. I bought an expensive version of the Division 2 and am only kinda sure why. This is what I've gleaned online though and it seems pretty clear.

Just like in other battle royale games, the Apex Legends battle pass will have a wide range of cosmetic items. From weapon and legend skins to character quips and banner poses, we're expecting all the cosmetic types in the game to feature in the battle pass. There will also be Apex Packs offered as rewards, for a chance to earn even more cosmetics.

The one thing that you won't be able to obtain from the Apex Legends battle pass is new Legends. They're the characters themselves, and as of right now you can spend Apex Coins or Legend Tokens on unlocking Caustic and Mirage. More Legends will be coming to the game, but not via the battle pass.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I swear companies are getting more vague as to what their extras include. See loads of complaints on BFV forums over the "deluxe" edition content. I bought an expensive version of the Division 2 and am only kinda sure why. This is what I've gleaned online though and it seems pretty clear.

Just like in other battle royale games, the Apex Legends battle pass will have a wide range of cosmetic items. From weapon and legend skins to character quips and banner poses, we're expecting all the cosmetic types in the game to feature in the battle pass. There will also be Apex Packs offered as rewards, for a chance to earn even more cosmetics.

The one thing that you won't be able to obtain from the Apex Legends battle pass is new Legends. They're the characters themselves, and as of right now you can spend Apex Coins or Legend Tokens on unlocking Caustic and Mirage. More Legends will be coming to the game, but not via the battle pass.
    Can't see them making money from that. There needs to be challenges, a way to make you feel you're missing out but without actually missing out on anything that would give you an advantage in the game.

I can see them making money off characters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

killanena wrote: »
    Quake, unreal tournament, counter strike (though not loot based, you can still out gear your enemy), Halo.. thats just off the top of my head.

My guess would be access to new legends as they release them, Kind of like rainbow six siege.

The Characters look like something that fell through time from Unreal Tournament. Their design is probably the main weak point of the experience for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Can't see them making money from that. There needs to be challenges, a way to make you feel you're missing out but without actually missing out on anything that would give you an advantage in the game.

I can see them making money off characters though.

They would need to be actual challenges though, not annoying time sinks that litter fortnite, like dancing in different locations, ringing doorbells, searching for gnomes etc, that sh!t is lame :pac:

nix wrote: »
    They would need to be actual challenges though, not annoying time sinks that litter fortnite, like dancing in different locations, ringing doorbells, searching for gnomes etc, that sh!t is lame :pac:

Yeah definitely. Stuff like snipe 5 players, land on supply ship 5 times, revive 5 team mates etc.

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »

Now is probably not a good time to mention the hidden dinosaur toys...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

the krabler sniper is amazing, was playing with nix and a mate yday, we had circle and i had the high point, two kills and like 200 damage to win game, thing is scary good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

58% downloaded, this is going to be my first BR game.
    Mirage, Wraith and the Robot that can use grappling hooks and make ziplines look like they'll be the most fun to me.
    Looking forward to Noobing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

All the games I never got into! :pac: Seriously, never got the love of Halo, actually think it's one of the worst games I've played. Just did not click with me at all. Quake/Unreal I did enjoy the few games I had of them online, but I didn't get properly connected for online play until 2008, and I didn't have a PC so console FPS was the first proper session into online FPS. CS I never enjoyed. I can't understand how that game was so loved.

Whereas CoD4 was my first proper foray into online FPS, so that is basically the game that got me into online gaming. Anything too different from it and I don't like it. Have loved nearly every CoD (didn't like WaW, Ghosts, BO1 & 2 and WWII). So maybe these loot n shoot FPS's are just not for me in general.

I'll see once they have a solo mode, but I reckon i'll be back to BlOps 4 in no time. I also seem to have an extra level of disdain when it's a game that everyone says you should be playing. I'll make my own mind up, and it's usually quite different to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

All the games I never got into! :pac: Seriously, never got the love of Halo, actually think it's one of the worst games I've played. Just did not click with me at all. Quake/Unreal I did enjoy the few games I had of them online, but I didn't get properly connected for online play until 2008, and I didn't have a PC so console FPS was the first proper session into online FPS. CS I never enjoyed. I can't understand how that game was so loved.

Whereas CoD4 was my first proper foray into online FPS, so that is basically the game that got me into online gaming. Anything too different from it and I don't like it. Have loved nearly every CoD (didn't like WaW, Ghosts, BO1 & 2 and WWII). So maybe these loot n shoot FPS's are just not for me in general.

I'll see once they have a solo mode, but I reckon i'll be back to BlOps 4 in no time. I also seem to have an extra level of disdain when it's a game that everyone says you should be playing. I'll make my own mind up, and it's usually quite different to most.

CSGO is still one of the most played games :P

But yeah I get you. Majority of my friends who are gamers started by playing COD MW / MW2.

Reason I think COD is so popular is that you dont have to put in much time to be good at it. It has played every similarly for years so not much of a learning curve. This suits a lot of people who simply don't want to put in the time to getting better at other games like Apex legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

When Im the jumpmaster, I like to delay the jump sometimes so I can go to a low traffic landing spot to collect weapons/items.
    Most people I get teamed up with have no patience.
    They bail early, get killed, and Im left on my own.
    Its p1ssing me off. I sneak around and mostly get to the last 3 or 4 teams, but I have no chance with full teams working together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

CSGO is still one of the most played games :P

But yeah I get you. Majority of my friends who are gamers started by playing COD MW / MW2.

Reason I think COD is so popular is that you dont have to put in much time to be good at it. It has played every similarly for years so not much of a learning curve. This suits a lot of people who simply don't want to put in the time to getting better at other games like Apex legends.

COD is one of the most played FPS games series ever,so by that logic.....

Ive enjoyed the game in fits and bursts. Not really feeling the urge to get stuck in though. More the genre not being my thing i think.

Its beaten COD Blackout as the best BR around for me though. Stability and gun play are good. Reckon ill stick BO's 4 on adverts now and use this for the odd time ive an urge to have a few games with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

When Im the jumpmaster, I like to delay the jump sometimes so I can go to a low traffic landing spot to collect weapons/items.
    Its p1ssing me off. I sneak around and mostly get to the last 3 or 4 teams, but I have no chance with full teams working together.

Hot drops will make you better at the game, it sounds counter intuitive but its actually true. If you win a hot drop or at least survive you have a much better chance of winning. This works in all the playable BR games.

Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah I do that too, I had some clown land a km away and get killed, then ping his banner over and over expecting me to come get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Try and not delay your jump too long. It's grand to get to last few teams but you can end up with terrible loot. Also the more fights you get into the better you will get.

Check out frothy omen on YouTube for movement tips.
    https://youtu.be/dxSmRqIxaHw

• Advertisement

Robbed from "So vegan I forgot to laugh thread".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its a common thing for people who are new to battle royales to play like that, I know I'm certainly guilty of it myself. The thing is, the game is essentially about gunfighting, and the only way to get better at that, is , well, more gunfighting.

Another way to look at it - the longer you spend avoiding people, the more time you're giving them to pick up better weapons and armor, only making the inevitable battle that much harder.

At least in Apex legends, starting another round after a wipe is relatively fast, You've time to go make a cup of tea in between rounds of PUBG on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Loving this ! Level 12 at the moment, been playing a load of Gibraltar. Mate plays lifeline so 99% of the time when we get a randomer they're happy as most people seem to want to play Wraith, Bangalore or Mirage in my experience.

Swing all the ult accelerators at lifeline and get our defense geared real quick. Current record for lifelines ult off is about 40 seconds after landing.

Current favourite landing spot is the Airbase, loads of gear and loads of action usually.

Its a common thing for people who are new to battle royales to play like that, I know I'm certainly guilty of it myself. The thing is, the game is essentially about gunfighting, and the only way to get better at that, is , well, more gunfighting.

Another way to look at it - the longer you spend avoiding people, the more time you're giving them to pick up better weapons and armor, only making the inevitable battle that much harder.

At least in Apex legends, starting another round after a wipe is relatively fast, You've time to go make a cup of tea in between rounds of PUBG on xbox.

Not always true. If the relay station is the opposite side of the map Imma wait for it. Its a massively good loot area near other good loot areas, gear up quick I'll usually get my ult as lifeline pretty quick. Can set yourself up massively while other squads wipe themselves.

I got downed yesterday and bled out, so did my other team mate left one guy solo with a circle close to very close gun play. 2 other squads. He was actually trailing a squad of 3, ended up below them under some stairs, li and behold the other two squads wiped each other out and he got the victory by killing one guy all game.

The point of the game is to win. Sometimes it's not sexy play but smart play that wins

Bangalore is my fav so far. I like poppin smoke, Its helped me escape alot of skirmishes when health is low. I unlocked Caustic but the male characters aren't very appealing to play imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Surviving to the last 2 squads. 3 of us all up, all in the circle in an open field. 1 dude left in the enemy squad, last spotted in a building a couple hundred yards away.

He was definitely outside the circle for at least the last two if not 3 rounds.... he out survived us by healing... that is very very irritating. No way should you be able to out heal multiple final rounds outside the circle!

All ye would have to do is shoot him a few times and that would be the end of it. He did the right thing and played it as his situation required. I would imagine he was in ring plenty, every time the ring would close he would wait a while heal and move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

All ye would have to do is shoot him a few times and that would be the end of it. He did the right thing and played it as his situation required. I would imagine he was in ring plenty, every time the ring would close he would wait a while heal and move.

He was in a building.
    I had landed a few G7 shots on him and taken out his ally, we couldn't get to him as we'd have died outside of the ring.

And there is no possible way he was in the last 2 or 3 rings as it was open area, nowhere to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Best I could manage last night was 2nd. Had rotten luck with a few jumps, landing in an area with 2-3 other squads. The amount of fist fights last night was insane. I hope they stick with the 60 player cap. I dont think this would work with 100 players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bangalore is horrific, only reason to bother with it is to make smoke for a Bloodhound.

Advertisement