Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with activating mobile on internet banking

Options
  • 05-02-2019 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm currently in Australia and I'm trying to transfertransfer money from my Irish account to my Australian account using cucurrency fair. My online account is telling me that my mobile number is not activated and the only way to activaactivate it is by post. This obviously won't work for me. I need to get it activated immimmediately 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭homingbird

You can clean out your boi account with this card & lodge the money into your new account either by loading it onto the card or using the iban &bic they give you to do a money transfer you can ask the online help service in there app or as in the boards forum i listed has anyone done it. I would just keep topping up the revoult card with money from your boi account until its cleaned out.                                

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

homingbird wrote: »
    <deleted>
    I'm currently in Australia and I'm trying to transfertransfer money from my Irish account to my Australian account using cucurrency fair. My online account is telling me that my mobile number is not activated and the only way to activaactivate it is by post. This obviously won't work for me. I need to get it activated immimmediately 

Hi Mrs_agreeable

Thanks for your post this morning.

I'm afraid, when first registering a mobile contact online, it will require a once off code in the post and this will take 3-5 business days. Once you activate the mobile, the adding and activating of the payees will take only minutes. Any further questions please feel free to get back to us.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mrs_agreeable

Alison,

I am in Australia. I do not have access to my address. There must be some other way of authorising me to transfer my own money. I need this money urgently

How can my mobile number not be activated online when I use the last 4 digits of it to sign into my online account?? I have added payees before with no problem. I need a solution to this asap

Hi Mrs_agreeable

The initial code will need to be sent in the post. Sorry, there is no way around this.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement

I do not live at the address you have anymore. Therefore sending it out in the post is pointless.
    I can't change my address without using my phone. Do you see where I'm going with this?
    Quite simply we are you g to set a precedent here.
    We have an issue. It requires fixing. Fix it.
    Regards
    Danielle

I do not live at the address you have anymore. Therefore sending it out in the post is pointless.
    I can't change my address without using my phone. Do you see where I'm going with this?
    Quite simply we are you g to set a precedent here.
    We have an issue. It requires fixing. Fix it.
    Regards
    Danielle

Alison

I need a resolution to this

Hi Mrs_agreeable

This is an added security measure on your account and can only be resolved through the advised postal method online.

If you have yet to update your address, you can call 00353 140 44000 from abroad, an Advisor will certainly take this change over the phone for you and it takes up to 5 business days to update on the account.

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement