Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome is saving links or files instead of opening it in new tab

Options
  • 05-02-2019 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've been using Google Chorme for years now and I have never had this problem before.
    My new laptop has Windows 10, and I can't make Chrome to display content in new tab.
    New tab opens but it does not display anything, just asking me where I want to save link
    The same happens when I use right click + open in new tab, or when I use CTRL+click

This is making me crazy because it was always set as default (for my use) - open links in new tab
    It is the same now in Settings but it's just not working

What did I miss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Normally Alt + Left-Click downloads a link. Perhaps there's a modifier in your touchpad settings (e.g. top left = alt + click) that's causing the problem.

Are you having the same issues with other browsers, or have you noticed any oddities in other applications?

To rule out the touchpad, have you tried plugging in a mouse?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome?

Also check Device Manager (Right click on the Start button and select from there) to make sure there's no driver problems.

Advertisement