Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage question

Options
  • 05-02-2019 9:02am

Hi All

Myself and my wife recently got a mortgage with AIB and have just moved into our new house a few weeks back. Obviously the funds have already been transferred and everything is completed.

With AIB, we chose the option to not pay the mortgage for the first 6 months to help us furnish the house.

The thing is, I'm having a really hard time in work lately. Won't go into the details.

Question is, if I resign from my job now, will I be implicated in any way to the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Doubt it, you have the house so you have committed to the mortgage.

Everything is now complete, it’s basically up to you to repay the loan you agreed to, once the bank receives the agreed amount in. 6 months time you will have no issues!
    Hi All

Myself and my wife recently got a mortgage with AIB and have just moved into our new house a few weeks back. Obviously the funds have already been transferred and everything is completed.

With AIB, we chose the option to not pay the mortgage for the first 6 months to help us furnish the house.

The thing is, I'm having a really hard time in work lately. Won't go into the details.

Question is, if I resign from my job now, will I be implicated in any way to the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

It won't make any difference to the bank provided you start paying your mortgage when the 6 months are up

Advertisement