Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe laces... (seriously)

Options
  • 05-02-2019 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

Unusual request but would appreciate any help...

I wish to buy replacement laces for a pair of replacement laces for shoes.

Brown, thick, 100cm approx, round.

None of the shops or supermarkets I've been to have them. All they have are the more common, standard types.

Any suggestions where might have them?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Unusual request but would appreciate any help...

I wish to buy replacement laces for a pair of replacement laces for shoes.

Brown, thick, 100cm approx, round.

None of the shops or supermarkets I've been to have them. All they have are the more common, standard types.

Any suggestions where might have them?

TIA

The Cobblers in Douglas Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I'd have thought any shoe store would have them, thought I saw them in the back of Schuh (Patrick St.) but can't say for certain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

There are a few shoe repair places around the city centre, the Cobbler on Oliver Plunker Street tends to be very well stocked. They even have a website : http://thecobblercork.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

EdgeCase wrote: »
    There are a few shoe repair places around the city centre, the Cobbler on Oliver Plunker Street tends to be very well stocked. They even have a website : http://thecobblercork.com/
    Cobblers closed, try shoe repair shop in Paul Street shopping centre.

And I definitely saw 100 brown laces in Supervalue in Carrigaline. I was looking for 120s 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Shoestrings, Princes St (south).
    Sure to have them. Excellent service for shoe repairs and key-cutting

• Advertisement

Shoestrings, Princes St (south).
    Sure to have them. Excellent service for shoe repairs and key-cutting

On holidays at the moment.
    (And I bought my 120cm laces in Paul Street today, so he definitely has them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Thanks all for your suggestions. I’m sure I’ll find them in one of the stores mentioned. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Thanks all for your suggestions. I’m sure I’ll find them in one of the stores mentioned. Cheers.

or you can use eBay, it's 2019 after all.

Diabhalta wrote: »
    That's crazy talk!
    You know eBay will send you two left-handed shoelaces instead of a matching pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Diabhalta wrote: »
    Support your local shop-keepers. Shopping on online for effin' shoelaces isn't cool nor trendy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

I had the same problem for some nikes to bring back to life. Feckin loads of shoe shops didnt have laces.

There's a place off Oliver Plunkett going toward south mall. One of those side streets. Yellow front I think - not the cobbler across from the GPO, further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Thanks all. I got a pair that will do the job ... in an actual shop of all places!!!

Imagine not having to buy something from the internet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Support your local shop-keepers. Shopping on online for effin' shoelaces isn't cool nor trendy.

Shopping online is convenient and cheaper. No need to go anywhere, it will come to you. And I think being frugal is the right way to do it especially now, when everything is getting more expensive. Some stuff is just crazy expensive for what it is, I don't support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tesco and Dealz both stock them too I'm sure!

Advertisement