Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bbari wants to buy a car

• 05-02-2019 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I sold our 04 Auto Mazda 2 this morning. Bought for 1400 3 yrs ago and sold for 1100. It took less than 24 hrs to sell! It served us well, never been any issue whatsoever. So really need to pick something this/next week before I'm kicked out of the house!

terrydel seems to be happy with his A3, the link I shared is 07 - 130K KM - Its 5 Door, 1.8 Petrol, asking 2800.

bazz26 share 1.8 civic - what's wrong with Naas road garages ? Ideally I'd like car like what clio_16v sold, low mileage and half the price what the garage selling for!

The 07 Auris i shared has low mileage but asking 3850.

Hope i'm not breaking the rules of this thread by asking advise for cars out of the threshold of Bangernomics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

bbari wrote: »
    I sold our 04 Auto Mazda 2 this morning. Bought for 1400 3 yrs ago and sold for 1100. It took less than 24 hrs to sell! It served us well, never been any issue whatsoever. So really need to pick something this/next week before I'm kicked out of the house!

terrydel seems to be happy with his A3, the link I shared is 07 - 130K KM - Its 5 Door, 1.8 Petrol, asking 2800.

bazz26 share 1.8 civic - what's wrong with Naas road garages ? Ideally I'd like car like what clio_16v sold, low mileage and half the price what the garage selling for!

The 07 Auris i shared has low mileage but asking 3850.

Hope i'm not breaking the rules of this thread by asking advise for cars out of the threshold of Bangernomics.

Naas Road/Ballymount area has a bit of a rep as the Bemuda Triangle of car dealerships!
    I cant speak for the 1.8 petrol A3 but the 1.6 is a very simple engine and very little to go wrong.
    1.8 might be a bit heavier on juice and a 5 door is a heavier car than my 3 door anyway. But they are very comfortable cars for what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from Bangernomics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Hi guys,
    Looking for a bit of advise/help please... Looking to buy a car for mrs who just passed her test. Car will be used just for school runs/shops etc. It needs to be an auto as she passed test on auto and it needs to hatchback style not saloon. Easier to park etc (i'm told). There will be 3 kids in the car. I was looking at A3, 1 series, Golf as they seem to be similar size. She'd love an A3, most of 'em I see come in diesel. will diesel be a problem as it will be used on short trips only (5km max) ? She will only be doing 1000 to 1200 km per year. I know it works out cheaper to get taxi but...... The budget is 2K but can stretch a bit more if needed... Suggestions/advise please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bbari wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Looking for a bit of advise/help please... Looking to buy a car for mrs who just passed her test. Car will be used just for school runs/shops etc. It needs to be an auto as she passed test on auto and it needs to hatchback style not saloon. Easier to park etc (i'm told). There will be 3 kids in the car. I was looking at A3, 1 series, Golf as they seem to be similar size. She'd love an A3, most of 'em I see come in diesel. will diesel be a problem as it will be used on short trips only (5km max) ? She will only be doing 1000 to 1200 km per year. I know it works out cheaper to get taxi but...... The budget is 2K but can stretch a bit more if needed... Suggestions/advise please ?

Wouldn't bother with a diesel for that sort of mileage, and I'd be wary of an A3 or a 1 series that cheap as they can be costly to repair. How old are the kids? Are there booster seats involved etc as that'll be a deciding factor as a small hatchback plus 3 young kids can be a nightmare to get them in and out.

Wouldn't bother with a diesel for that sort of mileage, and I'd be wary of an A3 or a 1 series that cheap as they can be costly to repair. How old are the kids? Are there booster seats involved etc as that'll be a deciding factor as a small hatchback plus 3 young kids can be a nightmare to get them in and out.

Thank you for replying.
    ok, I'm not considering diesels. Kids are 3 (baby seat),9 (booster),12.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help lads. I bought a 04 Golf yday. Posted pics in the Bangernomics thread earlier.

Advertisement