Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Rollout information - PLEASE!

• 05-02-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Could an Eir Rep please confirm that Fibre Rollout is due to start soon on:

Cabinet: CSJ1_E01 - Castlejordan, Co Meath

The map, which I know is old, says 'Winter 2018'.

I would appreciate some kind of 'yah' or 'nah'.

I am asking for a child with autism that uses YouTube as a means of calming himself down and we can not do that well with our only current option of mobile broadband.

Please...

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The only way to know is check your eircode/phone on eir.ie - if it doesn't have a live date then that is all the information there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DaveToomey

fritzelly wrote: »
    The only way to know is check your eircode/phone on eir.ie - if it doesn't have a live date then that is all the information there is.
    Thanks Fritzjelly, but that's not my issue.

I know it's coming, just not when.

Eir reps CAN check if it's in the 'building' phase at this time.

I know that list is updated every 3 months or so.

The 'live' list on the website hasn't been updated for a long long time.

Eir reps can not find out that information - you have to just keep checking on the availability checkers
    The data is updated every week and once your local exchange shows is due to go live  (4/5 weeks advance notice is given) then you can place an order.  Beyond that is an unknown by everyone bar Openeir

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DaveToomey

Eir reps can not find out that information - you have to just keep checking on the availability checkers
    The data is updated every week and once your local exchange shows is due to go live  (4/5 weeks advance notice is given) then you can place an order.  Beyond that is an unknown by everyone bar Openeir
    Can I ask how you know this?

Because if true an Eir Rep has lied to me.

DaveToomey wrote: »
    Can I ask how you know this?

Because if true an Eir Rep has lied to me.
    Its general knowledge. Outside of the 4/5 week pre order time frame everything else is a rough estimate that means nothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

Hi DaveToomey,

fritzelly is correct in saying you will get 4-5 weeks notice before the lines goes active there is no time frame of when it can go active. Unfortunately, the only option is to keep checking for updates. I completely understand your frustration on this matter, I do apologise.

-Andre

Advertisement