Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My contract is up, I can't get in touch with the loyalty team, can someone here help

• 05-02-2019 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

I just finished a 12 month contract, 45 a month for 150mb ftth and off peak calls. Online chat say they can't help with a new contract - to ring 1901. Even though sales answer straight away and put me through to the loyalty team I waited a hour today and yesterday and no-one answers.

Can someone put me on the same 12 month contract for 45 a month and get rid of any extra charges for the 80 rolling contract. I'm not interested in eir sport, mobile, or anything else.

Otherwise close my account, i'm not being bitchy, this is not a negotiating tactic, I honesty don't mind which.

And before someone tells me to phone 1901, remember I already did that and they don't answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wasting your time, it’s 1901, wait hours, get cut off and you’ll need to do this 3 or 4 more times, by then your contract will be up they’ll automatically put you on the higher price and then the fun starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

I just finished a 12 month contract, 45 a month for 150mb ftth and off peak calls. Online chat say they can't help with a new contract - to ring 1901. Even though sales answer straight away and put me through to the loyalty team I waited a hour today and yesterday and no-one answers.

Can someone put me on the same 12 month contract for 45 a month and get rid of any extra charges for the 80 rolling contract. I'm not interested in eir sport, mobile, or anything else.

Otherwise close my account, i'm not being bitchy, this is not a negotiating tactic, I honesty don't mind which.

And before someone tells me to phone 1901, remember I already did that and they don't answer.
    Hi Duff Man Jr,

I do apologise for the long wait times, we are aware of them and are working on reducing them. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel accounts via our social media channels. You will need to contact our Customer Care team on 1901 and request to speak with Loyalty. You can view our cancellation policies here.

~ Nicole

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Made three calls yesterday. Two were cut off at 30 minutes and the other ran to 45 minutes before I cut it off.
    Another 30 minute call this morning.
    At the same time, I was on to  Tech. Support on another phone to correct misinformation that I received from one of your staff yesterday evening.

Is there anybody that I can talk to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Hi Duff Man Jr,

I do apologise for the long wait times, we are aware of them and are working on reducing them. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel accounts via our social media channels. You will need to contact our Customer Care team on 1901 and request to speak with Loyalty. You can view our cancellation policies here.

~ Nicole
    Thanks for the reply. Genuine question (not being bitchy or anything) but how long should I keep trying for? I spent a few hours Monday and Tuesday and it's costing a fortune each day.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Fralmar

One advice, sent a letter as i am going to do and cancell your contract with EIR, I am losing lot of time and money with them since they installed the fiber on my home 28/01/2019 and internet is not working, anyone came to fix, anyone do nothing and I am trying to finish my contract, but they no answer on 1901 and I was waiting more than 1 hour 3 times today and less than 1 hour i don´t know how many times becuase the call end alone.

• Advertisement

Hi Duff Man Jr,

~ Nicole
    Thanks for the reply. Genuine question (not being bitchy or anything) but how long should I keep trying for? I spent a few hours Monday and Tuesday and it's costing a fortune each day.

Thanks
    Hi Duff Man Jr,

I can understand your frustration completely and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

We offer a free to phone Customer Care number (1901). I would recommend calling early in the morning as it may be a less busy time. 

~ Nicole

Thanks

5 hours today, twice times they finished the call, finally I have my contract canceled or I think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Fralmar wrote: »

Thanks

5 hours today, twice times they finished the call, finally I have my contract canceled or I think so.
    Eir cannot put you on new 12 month contract without your explicit permission(but they will). Your response in writing by snailmail is that you are on a monthly rolling contract, did not consent to the new contract and notify of cancellation. then cancel all direct debits etc so eir cannot take further money. if there is money owed, eir can then send you an itemised bill for you to pay, but only pay if the amount tallies with what you have used. do not pay anything after the final date of cancellation(30 days after your notiification in writing(registered post) to eir). do not pay any cancellation fees or the outstanding balance for the 12 months as you are on a monthly rolling contract

Giveaway wrote: »

Thanks

Eir cannot put you on new 12 month contract without your explicit permission(but they will). Your response in writing by snailmail is that you are on a monthly rolling contract, did not consent to the new contract and notify of cancellation. then cancel all direct debits etc so eir cannot take further money. if there is money owed, eir can then send you an itemised bill for you to pay, but only pay if the amount tallies with what you have used. do not pay anything after the final date of cancellation(30 days after your notiification in writing(registered post) to eir). do not pay any cancellation fees or the outstanding balance for the 12 months as you are on a monthly rolling contract
    Thanks a million for your answer, I am in a cooling off period, for this reason they can put me under contract. I am going to follow your advices so thanks a million. FInally I have my cancelation but they are processing as a normal one, not a cooling off period and they send me a message telling me that my cancelation will be in 30 days, so this is not correct, I am not going to pay for a normal cancelation.

Thanks a million, it is being a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Thanks

Thanks a million for your answer, I am in a cooling off period, for this reason they can put me under contract. I am going to follow your advices so thanks a million. FInally I have my cancelation but they are processing as a normal one, not a cooling off period and they send me a message telling me that my cancelation will be in 30 days, so this is not correct, I am not going to pay for a normal cancelation.

If you're with AIB (probably the same with all bank's online systems) you can cancel the direct debit yourself online.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Hi Fralmar,

I have responded to your PM

~ Nicole

Thanks

If you're with AIB (probably the same with all bank's online systems) you can cancel the direct debit yourself online.
    Thank you so much, I have an appointment with my bank to solve this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Hi Duff Man Jr,

~ Nicole

Thanks
    Hi Duff Man Jr,

I can understand your frustration completely and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

We offer a free to phone Customer Care number (1901). I would recommend calling early in the morning as it may be a less busy time. 

~ Nicole
    fwiw I know the number that I have been on hold for hours is freephone, I meant the 2.50 I no..w have to pay for a service I dont want is costing me a fortune, €21 so far!

Hi Duff Man Jr,

~ Nicole

Thanks
    Hi Duff Man Jr,

~ Nicole
    fwiw I know the number that I have been on hold for hours is freephone, I meant the 2.50 I no..w have to pay for a service I dont want is costing me a fortune, €21 so far!

Hi there Duff Man Jr,

I do apologise, I was letting you know in case you weren't aware that we provided a freephone number.

Unfortunately, it is only Loyalty who can remove or cancel services on accounts.

~ Nicole

Advertisement