Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for land in Straffan / Maynooth / Celbridge

Options
  • 05-02-2019 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Taking a page from the user Eric Cartman, who posted something similar to this back in October last year, thought this kind of thread was a good idea and figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm wondering if anyone knows someone (or is someone) who owns land and would consider selling a portion along/near the roads I've marked in the image below

Only need ~1 acre.

c5xjCuD.png

https://imgur.com/a/Uks5Jqq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

its not quite on your red lines, but not far off it

myhome celbridge land 4 sale

try myhome/daft land for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Yeah, just a bit off the radius of where I'd be able to get planning permission (also, very pricey for 1.4 acres) - I've scoured myhome/daft on the daily for the last couple of months, it's like there's a block on sites being sold in this exact area - I'm expecting that I need to go knocking on farmer's doors - barring a surprise from this thread!

Bumping this, Daft/myhome aren't exactly cutting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Some land has one up for sale recently, but I can't see you buying the land cheaply as it has been on the main routes.

Any cheap land you'll need to have lived nearby to get around the local needs rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The land either side of the backroad from Celbridge to Straffan sold recently, a few hundred acres of farm land... could we worth checking who bought it since they are likely to have no sentimental value on it, they may sell a site.

From what I have seen over the last couple of years, an acre of land that the seller cannot get planning on will go for ~100k and an acre with planning or the possibility of planning will go for ~300k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

I know a farmer near Ardclough and he told me there is no point selling sites, which I guess is why you see none for sale as its next to impossible to get planning for a one off house he said you would have more luck applying to build >10 houses

eusap wrote: »
    I know a farmer near Ardclough and he told me there is no point selling sites, which I guess is why you see none for sale as its next to impossible to get planning for a one off house he said you would have more luck applying to build >10 houses

I am guessing this is under "normal" planning conditions (non "local-needs" planning rules), I'd qualify on a few counts for local / rural needs, I'm aware it doesn't make planning approval a walkover - but there's a big glut of one-off houses on ~1 acre sites that are popping up all around Straffan, a quick glance at the planning applications through kildare coco's site shows that they're almost exclusively siblings/children of existing land-owners.
    The land either side of the backroad from Celbridge to Straffan sold recently, a few hundred acres of farm land... could we worth checking who bought it since they are likely to have no sentimental value on it, they may sell a site.

Been in contact with estate agents regarding that one already! let's see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blue flue

I have seen before looking for a 1 acre of land, probably will be used for grazing horses, then the stables and then the mobile home will be on site.
    Or if their is cottage with it that needs doing up they get it fixed up like a palace then set fire to it, then use the grounds like a campsite.

Yeah, I read that this morning too, seems like the deck is stacked against me on a couple of counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Sites for sale in Kildare are not really a thing, due to the strictness of planning. If you want to build a one-off, you'd be as well to look in another county.

Advertisement