Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Erik : Friday 8th February 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gusting up around 60 - 70 km/h now here near Tralee , 10mm so far and raining atm.

anim_cbg5.gif

anim_cjj2.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Power gone, Cork City centre. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭squarecircles

intermittently losing power,ferocious gusts,west mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Was driving home from the train station and there was some power gone in glasheen. Still have mine luckily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Just got back into PJs after planning to go pub.

Not as bad as the west here in D24 but don't fancy a walk in it and the winds been worse getting home!

Nice to sit and listen to mind!

• Advertisement

Parents just rang from our home on the west cork coast, said it's very windy

Just starting to get a few strong gusts here in cork city now too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

igCorcaigh wrote: »

601-B89-DF-2-D01-47-C8-8163-EA3-B9850-B05-D.jpg

An evening with less Cork people on the forum. Lovely. ;-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

pad199207 wrote: »

An evening with less Cork people on the forum. Lovely. ;-)

Back now!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Is this Erik the second?. The name sounds familiar for a storm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

8pm, Mace head gusting 58 knots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Wind gusts stronger now in Dublin than earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Some Mammatus clouds I captured through the lens in Kilcullen today at 15:09 after heavy rain passed.

472555.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭mobil 222

All I hear is the wind coming up the sink holes !!
    It is worse than it was this morning here in Sligo .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭squarecircles

im glad now that storm erik has been legitimised,theres a bit of gusty wind in dublin,funny,a few week ago i read on the netweather regional irish forum that boards.ie was very east coast centric,and i have to now completely agree,its actually makes me think twice about contributing,its nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lights flickering Sligo town

This is as bad as its been all day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

im glad now that storm erik has been legitimised,theres a bit of gusty wind in dublin,funny,a few week ago i read on the netweather regional irish forum that boards.ie was very east coast centric,and i have to now completely agree,its actually makes me think twice about contributing,its nauseating.

Completely agree if this affected the East Coast the forum would not be able to cope with all the posts, could not believe when I checked this morning there were so few posts all because it was a West/ North storm

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Well as a night shift worker (outdoors!!) I can tell you it is very windy in South Tipp, and getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Some absolute huge gusts hitting us here outside Newport, Far worse than this morning.
    Met.ie saying we're in a yellow warning now but I'm sure it's gusting well into orange level now.
    We're fairly exposed here with a funnel effect from SW winds so maybe it's just the direction it's hitting us from that makes it seem worse for us.
    Any sign of Graces7? Hope all is ok offshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

I have total disregard for people saying "ah well that was nothing", esp when it's dubs. When the other parts of the country are getting battered.

But I must say that the biggest portion of population is in the east, so you would expect a much bigger input to the forum at times when the east is bad, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wow the storm is terrible here, its roaring like a beast :O -SW Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

In the latest reports, both the highest mean and highest gust (69 and 107 km/h, respectively) are at Mace Head in Galway so possibly more severe winds a little bit further south.....perhaps along the M6/M4 corridor???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Wind ramping up in Limerick City.

Worse than this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Filling the flask and charging the phone, if the wind keeps up like this I might need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LoxontheRox

Very strong gusts here in North Clare this morning, heavy downpours -dangerous as i got caught in a few of them driving in Ennis & Corofin around 10am. Blustery conditions throughout the afternoon. However strong gusts have returned this evening since about 6pm, power has been flicking.
    Definitely feels stronger than the yellow warning Clare was issued. I have no measurements to back this up however!

not too bad in Cork City. Had one or two strong gusts this evening but ok now, might pick up later maybe.

9pm. Very windy in the west.

Mace head gusting 64 knots (119 Km/h)
    Sherkin gusting 55 knots
    Belmullet gusting 52 knots
    Malin head gusting 51 knots
    Newport gusting 48 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Back up to 64 knots again in Mace Hd

Impressive event since its had two bites

Not bad Erik

A band of heavy rain moving into Donegal now,perhaps with some thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

South Co Limerick, gusts worse here now than last night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Mod Note Lets keep this on topic and cut out the insults.

Advertisement