Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Erik : Friday 8th February 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Absolutely wild in the Phoenix Park :eek:

Haven't been following this very closely this time - thought it would have died down by now, but still huge gusts every few minutes and very very windy overall

Is that you Michael? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Crazy here. North Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

All silent now in Dublin 6.

For 20 mins it was mad. I have the joys of climbing upon the roof in the morning to check the tank as one of the blocks must have slid off going by the thump.

11 years and no storm shifted that!

Edit-
    Wind picked up again. Flatmate and myself are now taking bets on the old GPO telegraph pole is going to come down tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Woken by one nuts gust here in D24.

Crazy wind waiting to hesr that crack of one of the many trees around me coming down!

No sleep till 5am by looks of forecast on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Wind still going strong in east Galway.constant gusts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Mental here in North Co.Dub.
    Woken out of my lovely sleep. Very violent wind, roof sounds like its going to lift off!

grand fresh night lads

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Howling in Glencullen, D18. Far worse than at any stage of the last 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

grand fresh night lads

Great drying

Persistently windy, and increasingly sleep deprived and cranky here in D6W

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

it’s very rough in dublin. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Winds gusting 52kts in DUB according to the 2am METAR. (54kts in Casement)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Cannot sleep in Dublin 14. The last 2 hours have been loud and relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Glad I’m not a wearer of a toupee here in D. 24.

A decent few gusts, but nothing to worry about too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Very windy in D15

Woke me up

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Power gone in Clondalkin. 2000 odd homes according to power check.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭alentejo

Can't sleep. Fxxk off Eric

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I didn't expect it to be this bad, very wild night here and impossible to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Unearthly wrote: »
    Very windy in D15

Woke me up

Ditto in D11. Meant to be going for a cycle tomorrow. I really hope it’s called off.

alentejo wrote: »
    Can't sleep. Fxxk off Eric

Metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Woke me too in South Dublin.

I have two horses and they both hate the wind. It fills their sensitive ears with horrendous sounds and drives them mad.
    Really really concerned for them in this. They're dry and warm in their livery yard stables. But I'm paranoid the roof blew off in this.

The roar of the wind outside my bedroom window is worse than anything I've heard in years.

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »
    Woke me too in South Dublin.

I have two horses and they both hate the wind. It fills their sensitive ears with horrendous sounds and drives them mad.
    Really really concerned for them in this. They're dry and warm in their livery yard stables. But I'm paranoid the roof blew off in this.

The roar of the wind outside my bedroom window is worse than anything I've heard in years.

Not to alarm you. But I know someone whose horse was stabled in a yard during Storm Derwin.

During the storm the roof was peeled off by the force of the wind. Luckily their horse and some others all survived. However the horse in question never quite got over the experience and now goes to the back of the stable with the head down whenever there is a storm blowing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

gozunda wrote: »
    Not to alarm you. But I know someone whose horse was stabled in a yard during Storm Derwin.

During the storm the roof was peeled off by the force of the wind. Luckily their horse and some others all survived. However the horse in question never quite got over the experience and now goes to the back of the stable with the head down whenever there is a storm blowing ...

Which is absolutely understandable, the poor horse. Their hearing is so sensitive they can hear sounds 4km away, so something like this is already terrifying.

The yard is a solid American Barn style, with a lovely solid roof and I'm just being paranoid.. they'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Wild and windy in D15. Woke the kids up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Really bad here in East Clare. Normally youd be really cosy in bed listening to a storm outside, but I cant help being a little concerned at the moment. The wind is up and down which is the one that's most damaging to trees and I'm surrounded by them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

0400 DUB airport gusting 55kts
    0430 DUB airport gusting 35kts

some drop off in a half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Still gusting 46 and 47kts in Dublin Bay.

I can't remember a night this wild in a long time. Thankfully none of the tree life has landed on our cars here in the Phoenix Park. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh thank God, someone's turned the wind off at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

It was much much windier last night in the south Dublin mountains. Windiest night in what seems like a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jaysus wind unbelievably strong here. Daughter doing jnr cert can’t sleep

Junior cert is not on till June. I think she'll get some sleep between now and then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

For some reason boards will not load properly for me. On that low service layout. Not the server as all other sites including other forums are fine..help appreciated.. many thanks. so no way to thank, to use smilies etc etc etc.. HELP!

Advertisement