Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccinating ewes pre lambing with Hep P Plus

• 05-02-2019 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Hi all....

I let out the ram on 23rd October,ewes are scanned and nearly all in Lamb.
    Am going covering them with Heptavac P Plus,given that a few will probably lamb from around St Paddy’s Day if I injected them Saturday week the 16th Feb wouldn’t they be ok?.Advice is to inject 4-6 weeks pre lambing.
    As a matter of interest do many people here vaccinate the ewes?....I do each year but know some neighbours with a lot more sheep than me who never do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Hi all....

I let out the ram on 23rd October,ewes are scanned and nearly all in Lamb.
    Am going covering them with Heptavac P Plus,given that a few will probably lamb from around St Paddy’s Day if I injected them Saturday week the 16th Feb wouldn’t they be ok?.Advice is to inject 4-6 weeks pre lambing.
    As a matter of interest do many people here vaccinate the ewes?....I do each year but know some neighbours with a lot more sheep than me who never do.

There's always the heroes, there won't be much sign of them when you start losing lambs, our vet tells us that there's plenty of farmers accept more losses than we would tolerate. Very few will truthfully tell you what they lose.
    As for timing, the advice is to vaccinate four to six weeks before, I'd always do them 4 weeks out. they won't all lamb the one day so the early ones will be 4wks done and the later 6wks done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

Im lambing the same dates as you western promise.

I always do the ewes

Im going the weekend of the 16th as i think its my best chance to catch the early and the late ones.

Advertisement