Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work shadowing

• 05-02-2019 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello. I'm in my first year of accounting and finance. I'd really love to find somewhere that would let me sit in and "shadow" for a day or two a week for June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aisling2013

Hello. I'm in my first year of accounting and finance. I'd really love to find somewhere that would let me sit in and "shadow" for a day or two a week for June

Sorry! Pressed send before I'd finished. ... for June and July. Is this a done thing and if so would I just enter a firm with a CV and ask, or would I have to know someone? Obviously I'd be unpaid and there on my own time, just to clarify :) I'm in the Limerick area if that makes any odds
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The largest accounting firms have had structured summer intern programmes for 25 years or more. They might not target 1st years. Equally some of the mid size and smaller firms will have similar opportunities, with less structure perhaps. If you only want to do a couple of days per week I would target a small firm or else a voluntary organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Your best bet would be if you knew someone in a company who could ask.

Or go through the college as they may have connections with companies.

Otherwise I would recommend getting in contact with some recruitment agency, providing a cover letter of what you are seeking and most of them will be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aisling2013

Thanks to both of you. I'm not sure would there be an issue with insurance for me being there and also client confidentiality since I wouldn't be a member of staff. I'll get on to one of my lecturers and see have they any advice! Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tomw86

No issue with Insurance and confidentiality once you sign a temporary contract with them.

I would imagine that would be an absolute requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Your best bet would be if you knew someone in a company who could ask.

Or go through the college as they may have connections with companies.

Otherwise I would recommend getting in contact with some recruitment agency, providing a cover letter of what you are seeking and most of them will be able to point you in the right direction.

Agencies might have contacts, but they won't really make any money from you, so they probably won't be pushed to help you out!
    Best to talk to your extended family and see if they can put a post on linkedin or talk with their colleagues.

Advertisement