Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statement opened in Post

• 05-02-2019 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭

I got my yearly statement of my savings account but the envelope was open when it was delivered.
    Not really sure what to do, just keep an eye on account or contact bank?

Comments

A bank statement isn’t going to enable anyone to steal from your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Gael23 wrote: »
    I got my yearly statement of my savings account but the envelope was open when it was delivered.
    Not really sure what to do, just keep an eye on account or contact bank?

Opt for e-statements going forward. Things get opened in the post every day of the week not worth loosing sleep over I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I got the same yesterday, the very first one in years. It was ripped opened from one side to all the way to the 2/3s of bottom. Wasn't it from KBC by chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

padyjoe wrote: »
    I got the same yesterday, the very first one in years. It was ripped opened from one side to all the way to the 2/3s of bottom. Wasn't it from KBC by chance?

Yes it was. Down the side where the frank is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Sounds like your letter got jammed in a letter sorting machine and was then damaged when removed from said machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Sundew wrote: »
    Sounds like your letter got jammed in a letter sorting machine and was then damaged when removed from said machine!

Maybe that’s all it is. Although the side of the envelope was nearly cut and the pages inside entirely undamaged

Gael23 wrote: »
    Yes it was. Down the side where the frank is?

My envelope was open on the left side, beside the transparent window (where the address goes) and halfway the bottom of it.

Even if it was jammed, it's strange to have at least 2 statements delivered to different locations like this!

If you are concerned I would contact An Post. I have done myself!

An item arrived from a friend of mine some years ago with side of letter snipped cleanly off and gift inside removed, howeverit was done in the Turkish Post Office and not here as a note was attached from An Post as “ recieved in this condition!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭wally79

My envelope was open on the left side, beside the transparent window (where the address goes) and halfway the bottom of it.

Even if it was jammed, it's strange to have at least 2 statements delivered to different locations like this!

Might have been a problem at source in KBC. I imagine they have some form of automated mail system

That would have been done to read correct address. Sometimes when businesses use those machines to automatically put letters in, adresses are often not correctly aligned with window so postal worker will have to adjust the window to view adresss!

• Advertisement

Sorry, I worded it wrong. Not the window was torn but the envelope itself. It was a long ripped open edge, a hole that big if you pulled it apart, you could take a leaflet out of it or see the entire first page of the statement.

Advertisement