Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daughter loses hats

Options
  • 06-02-2019 1:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

DD7 is going through a phase where she flat out refuses to wear a hat. She has "lost" 3 since Dec. She doesn't zip her coat, etc.

I drop her off at the childminders in the morning , they walk to school and I pick her up on my way home from work. DH and I were off early today so went to pick her up. DD did not have her hat. She had it in the morning so she's lost it at school most likely. It was 4 degrees this morning . DD was told several times to zip up and pull her hood up. Now I know I'm the mum and she is the kid but I work full time, do ALL the cooking/cleanning, shopping, help with homework, bath her and put her to bed and read a story so do not get any time to myself :(.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

is your issue the hat or the fact that you do everything?
    even at 4 degrees she'll survive without a hat. maybe its time to start a chat about dividing out the work/responsibility with your dh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭NSAman

Superglue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Mumsnet, go there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Parent of an Angel

@Rubberchicken, both.

I am getting increasingly worried about the fact she loses hats and won't zip her jacket up and I'm very frustrated at having to do everything without DH helping, all he does when in from work is watch damn sports on tv!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

Hood instead of hat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You remind me of somebody, op. Used to start weird threads on here. About jackets.

Always jackets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

@Rubberchicken, both.

I am getting increasingly worried about the fact she loses hats and won't zip her jacket up and I'm very frustrated at having to do everything without DH helping, all he does when in from work is watch damn sports on tv!

Ah! XXXXX!!!

I saw a guy like this when I was away one weekend.
    On the beach with his daughter but couldn't keep off his phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

@Rubberchicken, both.

If the problem is hats getting lost ,stop giving her hats, if the problem is you doing all the work, stop doing all the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

What is a DD7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Actually just tried to read the rest of it, what is a DH for that matter?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

Dd is dear daughter and dh is dear husband and 7 relates to the age :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

dd7 - daughter 7.
    dh - dear husband

:))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Shes 7, they all do it

tupenny wrote: »
    Shes 7, they all do it

Surely not as many as my daughter though :O?

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

And it was down to 4 degrees bpfbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Mumsnet, go there.

Don't go to PI anyway, or RI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Surely not as many as my daughter though :O?

She is trying to tell you something but the message isn't getting through!

She is trying to tell you something but the message isn't getting through!

What message would that be then [thinking]?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I have nothing positive to add except to say it would be a great name for a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Dante7 wrote: »
    I have nothing positive to add except to say it would be a great name for a band.

Men Without Hats tribute band... cool ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

What message would that be then [thinking]?

Are you being serious? She doesn’t want to wear a hat. Children don’t feel the cold like adults do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

DD7 is going through a phase where she flat out refuses to wear a hat. She has "lost" 3 since Dec. She doesn't zip her coat, etc.

I drop her off at the childminders in the morning , they walk to school and I pick her up on my way home from work. DH and I were off early today so went to pick her up. DD did not have her hat. She had it in the morning so she's lost it at school most likely. It was 4 degrees this morning . DD was told several times to zip up and pull her hood up. Now I know I'm the mum and she is the kid but I work full time, do ALL the cooking/cleanning, shopping, help with homework, bath her and put her to bed and read a story so do not get any time to myself :(.

One of mine is like your DH, has been the same all their life. Refuses to wrap up, loses bits of clothing, like jackets, hats, all sorts of gear. We just expect and plan for it now. Their siblings don't do it anything like as much.

As the partner, create some appointments, that you can't do the normal schedule, so they have to do the usual routine. They'll probably be more appreciative afterwards.

beauf wrote: »
    One of mine is like your DH, has been the same all their life. Refuses to wrap up, loses bits of clothing, like jackets, hats, all sorts of gear. We just expect and plan for it now. Their siblings don't do it anything like as much.

As the partner, create some appointments, that you can't do the normal schedule, so they have to do the usual routine. They'll probably be more appreciative afterwards.

Its my daughter losing hats, not husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

MFDD was the same. MOTD asked her DDH to deal with it. Unlike other DD he was pretty useful. Not every day you get Dear Dear Husband title instead of simple DD.

Seriously since when DD and DH are a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

wonski wrote: »
    MFDD was the same. MOTD asked her DDH to deal with it. Unlike other DD he was pretty useful. Not every day you get Dear Dear Husband title instead of simple DD.

Bra sizes?

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

wonski wrote: »

Since the conception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Its my daughter losing hats, not husband.

Parent of an Angel, whose daughter is losing hats.
    Norwegian forest photographers, be on standby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement