Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabot and Central Credit Register

• 06-02-2019 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All

First time poster looking for advice on Cabot Financial and the central credit register.

I had a Halifax CC debt in 2008 that was sold on when they moved out of Ireland (years ago) . I was paying debt until 2017 and had roughly 3k left.

In this time the remaining debt was then sold from Bluestone to Cabot . Cabot called me and I asked them to send me all details they had on me and we would talk about payment arrangement once I started new job.

I never received any letters or calls after that phone call and moved address throughout the year.

Roll on a year later and things are in a better place. I got my ICB (all clear) but when I got the CCR I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I made regular payments with previous company (bluestone financial) but it’s showing as 80 missed payments which is going to look absolutely awful.

I called Cabot and asked them to explain this to me and they couldn’t. They also said my account is closed on their side but it’s showing active on the CCR. I’m waiting for a phone call back and I’ve said I’m in a position to pay but I want to work together to resolve satisfactorally for both parties.

In the meantime I am going to write to the Central Credit Register for a amendment to give a fair reflection on the missed payments. Has anyone ever successfully done this? I can include proof of payment up to date of transfer and the call details from Cabot would that be enough? I’ve called MABs who said to ask Cabot and the finance ombundsman directed me to the CCPC who I will call today.

I’m not looking for anything to be wiped or removed that is not valid. I messed up and should have paid it but I also feel I should have a fair reflection on the CCR as I was making regular payments over the years and there was a breakdown in communication when the debt moved.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shadow2019

Spoke with Mabs/CCPC & Financial Ombundsman before contacting Cabot.

Cabot said the information on the credit Register is incorrect because I never entered an ‘agreement’, when I asked about contact made there was 1 letter and 1 phonecall showing on their records and no other attempts made. They have said that once I enter an arrangement the wrong information will rectify - I want to pay the balance in full but paid a small amount and will recheck the CCR next month to see if the updates come through before paying in full and closing account.

Hopefully the closure of these will put me in a position to get a mortgage in a few years even with a higher interest lender until I get the all clear.

Advertisement