Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pope Francis offered $1m to go vegan for Lent ...

13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Robert Wolfe

I am offering 1 millions dollars to any vegan who will eat meat every day during lent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

mvl wrote: »
    But do you cook vegan/buy your groceries from the "new" vegan shops ? How does that work for you, budget wise ? It looks to me ppl do save on the price of meat, but they spent the same money or more on other produce in vegan dedicated shops - and then they're told "isn’t your health worth the extra couple of bucks"
    - I do love my baking: noticed though every time I try a new vegan cake recipe it would be more expensive for me (produce cost and time spent at it) than what I grew up with. so I rarely bake vegan because of that !

@gozunda: any idea if the Pope accepted the offer ?

Budget wise I'm probably better off when I look at it. Take aways were expensive, and I eat less in restaurants now.

All home cooking. I eat mostly whole foods and then as a weekly treat or whatever I'd fit in a Beyond Burger

But anyway I'm not short on cash so not a problem for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Unearthly wrote: »
    Farmers now calling it a cult. Seems this stunt has them rattled in the boglands :pac:

Sorry just saw this now. Another example of a post designed to derail from the topic of the thread. Just to clarify no poster 'farmer's or otherwise here called anything a 'cult' :rolleyes:

gozunda wrote: »
    Sorry just saw this now. Another example of a post designed to derail from the topic of the thread. Just to clarify no poster 'farmer's or otherwise here called anything a 'cult' :rolleyes:

It was said in farmers forum when you were upset about how this topic went

It was said in farmers forum when you were upset about how this topic went

Lol Upset? You mean pointing out that the comment was being derailed? How the frack does what is said in another forum have anything to do with a topic about large multinational corporations pushing their products??? Maybe take your comment to the relevant forum them?

I just double checked and you're definitly the only one who mentioned 'cult' in this thread. Interestingly you are adding cultural stereotyping and insult to the usual negative manner of reply I've seen. God forbid anyone criticising farmers would get their hands dirty producing food 'in the boglands' (sic) It's a real pity that anyone who has been brainwashed to such an extent actually believe that what they are being fed by the likes of the Blue Horizon Corporation
    :eek:

Sorry to offend farmers

I'll try and be more gentle in future and maybe refer to you as the same as paedos and serial killers since that insult in this topic didn't draw criticism from you

Sorry to offend farmers

I'll try and be more gentle in future and maybe refer to you as the same as paedos and serial killers since that insult in this topic didn't draw criticism from you

You will find I've already highlighted all such replies in my post above. Maybe you should read it when I said there needed to be some cop on in the thread. But hey no - let's attack all farmers because that poster probably responded to the rubbish written by a small number of eejits.

You will find I've already highlighted all such replies in my post above. Maybe you should read it when I said there needed to be some cop on in the thread. But hey no - let's attack all farmers because that poster probably responded to the rubbish written by a small number of eejits.

Calm down, it's all a bit of craic at the end of the day

Calm down, it's all a bit of craic at the end of the day

Lol. Yeah its all mad Craic altogether. I reckon the Pope is on the floor holding his sides :pac: but there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Lol. Yeah its all mad Craic altogether. I reckon the Pope is on the floor holding his sides :pac: but there you go.
    I'm not catholic myself: but he better doesn't give in, cause I'd be fuming at the catholic church then :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement