Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir txt says my phone number is now active, but I only get engaged tone?

• 06-02-2019 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    Eir installed BB for me yesterday and its connecting. This morning I got a text from Eir saying my Phone Number is now active, but I only get an engaged tone and it won't let me dial a number. Also if I try to dial my number from another phone, that phone gets the normal tone for trying to connect, but my house phone never rings.

I need a phone line that works, help please.

Donas.

p.s. The VOIP symbol on the Eir router is not illuminated. I tried rebooting the router. The phone line on my previous service went dead this morning (as expected).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The router needs the voip settings resent and possibly a factory reset (by tech support)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 donas

fritzelly wrote: »
    The router needs the voip settings resent and possibly a factory reset (by tech support)
    Hi, thanks for your help.
    Meanwhile I got through to Eir support chatline.
    The problem was I had plugged my phone into the back of the modem-router. I should have plugged it into the right-hand socket of the wall mounted Eir block.

For Eir 100Mbit BB, do you know if the final segment of the connection over copper wire uses VDSL or ADSL?

Thanks Again,
    Donas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So you don't have VOIP lol

It use VDSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

donas wrote: »
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for your help.
    Meanwhile I got through to Eir support chatline.
    The problem was I had plugged my phone into the back of the modem-router. I should have plugged it into the right-hand socket of the wall mounted Eir block.

For Eir 100Mbit BB, do you know if the final segment of the connection over copper wire uses VDSL or ADSL?

Thanks Again,
    Donas
    Glad to hear you got this fixed donas

Let us know if you have any other queries

Grainne

Advertisement