Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No junk mail stickers

Options
  • 06-02-2019 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just curious what people think about the "no junk mail" stickers on mailbox's?
    I've a had few people who have them tell me they mean different things but wondering, if you have one - what is junk mail to you?

"no junk mail" sticker on my mail box means 8 votes

No flyers trying to sell me stuff - but everything else is ok
    100% 8 votes
    No fast food menus or flyers selling stuff, but public informtion ok
    0% 0 votes
    No free newspapers, flyers or fast food menus, but public info ok
    0% 0 votes
    Posted mail only.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Junk mail is marketing or political stuff.

These stickers are useless btw. An Post get paid to deliver this junk, and they will ignore the stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not really a politics question, but in general "junk mail" is considered to be anything which is not addressed. Things marked "The Occupant" are not junk mail.

There's no legal backing to the stickers really, but delivery companies tend to honour them because it means that the occupant is at best just going to bin whatever you're delivering, and at worst is going to complain to your client.

As said above, An Post don't care about this and will just deliver it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

My question came from someone taking exception to having political flyer put through their letterbox when they had a "no junk mail" sticker on it. I don't consider political information junk mail but curious as to what the general consensus is?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I guess lots of people would consider "junk" mail to be advertisements or solicitations (like charity bags or estate agents), whereas information leaflets aren't.

Though that said, in my experience political leaflets are always advertisements, even when they're informational. So...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Im going to transfer this to Accommodation and Property as its kind of household related. If it isnt suitable for them they might send it elsewhere!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement