Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFK and LGA Airports

Options
  • 06-02-2019 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

Hi

With work, I am traveling to Denver, have done this a few times in the last few months and normally just go through Newark. Depart from Shannon.

Noticed this time, its not via newark and also noticed it seems to be sending me through 2 different airports - see attached file. I think JFK and LGA are 2 different airports anyways.

Is this normal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It's 2 different airports. Jfk and laGaurdia. It looks like you'll have to travel from 1 airport to the other after you collect your luggage at Jfk. They're just over 10 miles apart according to Google.

Providing your flight to jfk arrives on time, I would pre book a taxi. Never been to ny so I don't know if there is good public transport links between the 2 airports.

Most importantly, check your return ticket to make sure you're not in the same predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

It's 2 different airports. Jfk and laGaurdia. It looks like you'll have to travel from 1 airport to the other after you collect your luggage at Jfk. They're just over 10 miles apart according to Google.

Providing your flight to jfk arrives on time, I would pre book a taxi. Never been to ny so I don't know if there is good public transport links between the 2 airports.

Most importantly, check your return ticket to make sure you're not in the same predicament.

The return is the same. Haven’t booked yet.

I think I’ll just fly from Dublin besides messing around with 2 airports in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Impossible to do in my opinion within 3 hours. Although you will have pre-cleared in SNN you will need to collect bags(assuming you have checked bags) and get to LGA. Latest bag drop time in LGA is 45 minutes.

You also have to factor in rush hour traffic from JFK to LGA. I'd be asking whoever booked this crazy itinerary to look at other options for you .

No point in pre-booking a taxi - there are plenty at the rank outside arrivals. Expect to pay $50 + tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Took me 45 mins in a limo for this transfer on a moderate traffic day (I think) so with 3 hours between less driving time, doesn't leave much room.

Also, LGA is very hispanic, our driver had no english but that hopefully that won't be a issue with airport/line staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

Impossible to do in my opinion within 3 hours. Although you will have pre-cleared in SNN you will need to collect bags(assuming you have checked bags) and get to LGA. Latest bag drop time in LGA is 45 minutes.

You also have to factor in rush hour traffic from JFK to LGA. I'd be asking whoever booked this crazy itinerary to look at other options for you .

No point in pre-booking a taxi - there are plenty at the rank outside arrivals. Expect to pay $50 + tip.

Sounds like a potential mess. I’ll just go via Dublin where there is none of this carry on with different airports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Very hispanic? Its New York! They also know where LGA is and where JFK is. You'll have enough time to get through the two in that space of time but it's a but unsettling. An Uber right outside the terminal at JFK will bring you right to LGA and as its just a domestic flight bag check will close 40 mins before your flight. Dublin would be handier but still def doable the other way. I'm notorious for arriving at LGA within the hour and making it to the gate without a hitch and have done the airport swap many a time. As mentioned an Uber will set you back between the two airports. Mine was $39 plus tip in October. I think that's the last time I had an airport crossover- never paid attention before that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Also they're rebuilding some terminals at LGA so getting around there recently is really slow. Rolling my eyes at the the hispanic comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I would not be accepting that connection for a business trip. Way too risky!

If you land at 3:30, it could be 4:30 before you get your bag and get to a taxi. At that time of day, could take an hour or more to get to LGA (say 5:30). You're within a good chance of missing your flight to check your bag there...

Advertisement