Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Modernisation, monthly employee leaving early

Options
  • 06-02-2019 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Really wanted to post this here but want to keep my identity hidden as this is a sensitive case in hand and people may realise who it is about. Not sure this is the best place and it might not get picked up on, but it is the closest I can find. would appreciate if a mod can move it anonymously if possible. even if they could copy and paste the post on my behalf it would be appreciated.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057931093

Does anyone know what the process should be if you are wrapping up an employee who is paid monthly?

Eg, someone leaving today, who will be paid to the end of the month. they will be handed a cheques as opposed to the ususal bank transfer on the 27th.

so with modernisation we are supposed to send the info through ROS ahead or same time as the payment, which I can obviously work out. I can change the cheque date in the payroll, but my understanding is the submission uses the payslip date but I can't change the payslips for just him to read todays date. as that changes the date for everyone else. I can mark today as his leaving date in the payroll software, is that enough?

then can I do the submission now with just the one employee processed? what happens when I run everyone else through payroll at the end of the month. can I do the submission again, would original be updated if I changed any dates etc?

oh and waiting till everyone else is processed is not an option, this must get wrapped up. they are already looking for a P45 :rolleyes: I say today, but in reality, it will be Friday when cheque is handed over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Really wanted to post this here but want to keep my identity hidden as this is a sensitive case in hand and people may realise who it is about. Not sure this is the best place and it might not get picked up on, but it is the closest I can find. would appreciate if a mod can move it anonymously if possible. even if they could copy and paste the post on my behalf it would be appreciated.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057931093

Does anyone know what the process should be if you are wrapping up an employee who is paid monthly?

Eg, someone leaving today, who will be paid to the end of the month. they will be handed a cheques as opposed to the ususal bank transfer on the 27th.

so with modernisation we are supposed to send the info through ROS ahead or same time as the payment, which I can obviously work out. I can change the cheque date in the payroll, but my understanding is the submission uses the payslip date but I can't change the payslips for just him to read todays date. as that changes the date for everyone else. I can mark today as his leaving date in the payroll software, is that enough?

then can I do the submission now with just the one employee processed? what happens when I run everyone else through payroll at the end of the month. can I do the submission again, would original be updated if I changed any dates etc?

oh and waiting till everyone else is processed is not an option, this must get wrapped up. they are already looking for a P45 :rolleyes: I say today, but in reality, it will be Friday when cheque is handed over?

Contact the revenues employer helpline, number on their website. They will tell you exactly what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭ebbsy

There are now no more p45s. You will enter the leave date on your payroll package. When you submit the file at the end of the month this will be picked up by Revenue.

If he is getting paid by cheque then calculate his figures for the month. But do not submit the file to Revenue. Submit all employees including yer man at the end of the month in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

ebbsy wrote: »
    There are now no more p45s. You will enter the leave date on your payroll package. When you submit the file at the end of the month this will be picked up by Revenue.

If he is getting paid by cheque then calculate his figures for the month. But do not submit the file to Revenue. Submit all employees including yer man at the end of the month in one go.

This is the correct answer, tell him to contact Revenue directly if he starts asking for P45, he’s prob not aware of the system changes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Advertisement