Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMREG procedure for making a complaint

• 06-02-2019 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

Here is the procedure for making a complaint to eir, the email address to send it to and what they need to do.

[font=Arial,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont]Thank you for your email. I would advise you to lodge a complaint since you cant get through to EIR to discuss the issue.

ComReg can become involved in the resolution of individual complaints only when a consumer has first lodged a complaint with the service provider in question, as set out in their Code of Practice for handling complaints. Please see EIR's complaint email address here - ccm@eir.ie

To lodge a complaint I would advise that you proceed as outlined below:

1. Contact your service provider’s customer care department by telephone/on-line complaint form/email or letter
    2. State that you have been advised by ComReg to lodge a complaint
    3. Request details of a unique reference number to identify and track the individual complaint
    4. Give the full details of your complaint and request a complaint reference number

Please be advised that your service provider must acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and provide a time frame for response, resolution and any other escalation steps in the process.

If your service provider does not respond to your complaint within 10 working days or you feel your service provider has not adequately addressed the issues you have raised you can contact ComReg with the complaint reference number (if this has been supplied to you). We will review your complaint and refer the matter to your service provider if appropriate.

We will keep track of the progress of your complaint and when your service provider confirms that the issue is resolved with you we will examine the resolution of your case and close as appropriate.

Should you have any other queries or require any other assistance you can call our Consumer Care Team on 01 8049668 or email consumerline@comreg.ie. For your information your ComReg case reference number is 489058.[/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont]Any previous correspondence related to this case is noted in the table below. All correspondence from ComReg will have had the same subject as this email: Your ComReg Case Reference Number 489058 has been updated.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

jasper100 wrote: »
    Here is the procedure for making a complaint to eir, the email address to send it to and what they need to do.

[font=Arial,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont]Thank you for your email. I would advise you to lodge a complaint since you cant get through to EIR to discuss the issue.

ComReg can become involved in the resolution of individual complaints only when a consumer has first lodged a complaint with the service provider in question, as set out in their Code of Practice for handling complaints. Please see EIR's complaint email address here - ccm@eir.ie

1. Contact your service provider’s customer care department by telephone/on-line complaint form/email or letter
    3. Request details of a unique reference number to identify and track the individual complaint
    4. Give the full details of your complaint and request a complaint reference number

Please be advised that your service provider must acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and provide a time frame for response, resolution and any other escalation steps in the process.

If your service provider does not respond to your complaint within 10 working days or you feel your service provider has not adequately addressed the issues you have raised you can contact ComReg with the complaint reference number (if this has been supplied to you). We will review your complaint and refer the matter to your service provider if appropriate.

We will keep track of the progress of your complaint and when your service provider confirms that the issue is resolved with you we will examine the resolution of your case and close as appropriate.

Should you have any other queries or require any other assistance you can call our Consumer Care Team on 01 8049668 or email consumerline@comreg.ie. For your information your ComReg case reference number is 489058.[/font]

[font=Arial,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont]Any previous correspondence related to this case is noted in the table below. All correspondence from ComReg will have had the same subject as this email: Your ComReg Case Reference Number 489058 has been updated.[/font]
    Is there anyone at Eir answering phones anymore? 

I am an Eir customer for the last 2 years and am now being overcharged even though I have an agreed contract with Eir. The webchat team are unable to help and I cannot get through on several different Eir numbers I have tried over the last week. 

I already know 2 people who have cancelled their direct debits with Eir for appalling service and I am very close to doing same.

This is a great way to lose customers as there are significantly better providers out there, certainly for tv and broadband anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

ppn wrote: »

I am an Eir customer for the last 2 years and am now being overcharged even though I have an agreed contract with Eir. The webchat team are unable to help and I cannot get through on several different Eir numbers I have tried over the last week. 

I already know 2 people who have cancelled their direct debits with Eir for appalling service and I am very close to doing same.

This is a great way to lose customers as there are significantly better providers out there, certainly for tv and broadband anyway.
    Hi ppn, 

Sorry to hear the cost of your plan has increased. 
    Could you PM the following details?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I can check why your bill is higher. 

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Hi ppn, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Grainne
    Please stickie this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Hi ppn, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Grainne
    Please stickie this thread

Advertisement