Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai cricitise paedophile hunters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Discodog wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if someone voiced an objection, in person, to the group ? I suspect they would be assumed to be a "paedo nonce".

Btw a Nonce is a sex offender. Until convicted non of these men are nonces.

BTW nonce is “Not of Normal Criminal Element“.

Discodog wrote: »
    Are you going to accuse me of being a Paedo ? That's how it works isn't ? If the Guards don't act then they must be Paedos ? A lawyer acting for them must be too ?

I am talking about the law not your fantasies. If you don't like the law then lobby to change it. Meanwhile it's the so called Hunters that are breaking the law & being asked to stop by the authorities.

What law are they breaking? They put their videos live on Facebook, I haven’t heard of any of them being arrested.

There's also the GDPR law. Which, I know, is a pain in the ass - but do you really want to see someone show up with the intent of abusing a child and then have them get away soct-free on the technicality that they were filimed without consent?

In a public place there is no presumption of privacy, so GDPR does not matter. You are truly clutching at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In a public place there is no presumption of privacy, so GDPR does not matter. You are truly clutching at straws.

It also relates to how said data is stored and used, so you do still need consent; unless you have legal authority; which they by definition do not.
    Processing of personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences or related security measures based on Article 6(1) shall be carried out only under the control of official authority or when the processing is authorised by Union or Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the rights and freedoms of data subjects. 2Any comprehensive register of criminal convictions shall be kept only under the control of official authority
    https://gdpr-info.eu/art-10-gdpr/

I'm not trying to use this as an obstacle - I'm saying it's something any vigilante needs to be VERY aware of. Again: do you really want to see a pedophile go free on a technically because the vigilante didn't know what the law was? And I'm pretty sure they have no clue.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

BTW nonce is “Not of Normal Criminal Element“.

No. The Oxford English Dictionary says:

British informal
    A person convicted of a sexual offence, especially against a child.

Origin
    1970s: of unknown origin.

The key word being "convicted".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

It actually stands for "Not On Normal Communal Exercise". I was told that by a screw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Watching the repeat on virgin media one of louise and CPA and Phil hoban and predator exposure. Guys are AMAZING.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shanno66

Currently live on facebook now.The guy is getting battered by gangs of people in ballyfermot.

Seems to have really got out of hand this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

All gone wrong in Ballyfermot.

Sounded like a riot broke out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

TallGlass wrote: »
    All gone wrong in Ballyfermot.

Sounded like a riot broke out.

This is why these things should be left to the professionals, this one is gonna backfire for everyone involved. It all went tits up at the end there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Why don't you have seat right there?

Gardaí are majorly upset with online paedophile hunters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-express-major-concern-over-paedophile-hunting-groups-1.3783959

I wonder what the angle of the Gardaí is? Are they afraid of being exposed as doing f all about nonces online?

A guy I know who was completly innocent had his name put all over social media by one of these vigalante pedo hunuter groups. It was a case of mistaken identity. I would ****in murder them if I was him or else take them to the cleaners in court for slander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

This is why these things should be left to the professionals, this one is gonna backfire for everyone involved. It all went tits up at the end there.

Pretty much. She was egging the lads on too. Really went badly wrong.

Don't think it will be the end of them. Unless like the guy takes some legal action against the group.

Watching now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

TallGlass wrote: »

Pretty much. She was egging the lads on too. Really went badly wrong.

Don't think it will be the end of them. Unless like the guy takes some legal action against the group.
    Rubbish . Louise and her team ended up protecting the filthy paedophile bastard from the crowd. Until police finally arrived.

Watching now.

What's happening now?

I am just watching the video, as I missed it live.

Disgraceful conduct by Louise and her merry gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What's happening now?

I couldn't play the volume. I saw some comments about Louise going on about people using cannabis.

I couldn't play the volume. I saw some comments about Louise going on about people using cannabis.

Yay Cannabis. I though that the the IRA's responsibility?

Anyway - anyone got a link to it?

Shes either going to get herself hurt when you approaches some guy with a bit of self-defense experience or she's going to wind up in court on breach-of-the-peace charges. Why she couldn't just go to the police with the evidence and leave it at that, I have no idea.

"He's after getting a hiding - we can't expose him if this is going to happen."
    - well, what the **** does she expect is going to happen...? The woman has no sense of consequence.

• Advertisement

Shes either going to get herself hurt when you approaches some guy with a bit of self-defense experience or she's going to wind up in court on breach-of-the-peace charges. Why she couldn't just go to the police with the evidence and leave it at that, I have no idea.

"He's after getting a hiding - we can't expose him if this is going to happen."
    - well, what the **** does she expect is going to happen...? The woman has no sense of consequence.

If there is no actual child involved the police can do nothing. Fair play to her, and the lads from Ballyfermot for dealing with the nonce.

She even admits that the Gardaí can't actually do anything.

She is going to have a serious accident someday if she is not careful.

Backlash on CPA facebook page against their latest outing.
    woj9LwC.jpg
    C5srqWS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just watched that Ballyer alleged nonce video. Those hunters like to think they're in control but they lost all their power fairly quickly towards the end of that video. I wouldn't shed a tear for him if he's a filthy groomer but Jesus that had the potential to get very bad very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If there is no actual child involved the police can do nothing. Fair play to her, and the lads from Ballyfermot for dealing with the nonce.

technically he is not a nonce until convicted. innocent until proven guilty in a court of law is how our justice system works. certainly the gardai should investigate if possible

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just watched that Ballyer alleged nonce video. Those hunters like to think they're in control but they lost all their power fairly quickly towards the end of that video. I wouldn't shed a tear for him if he's a filthy groomer but Jesus that had the potential to get very bad very quickly.

A woman commented on the video that her 18 year old son had ran down to batter him coz he has a daughter himself. Imagine if he did manage to inflict serious or fatal injuries onto the alleged offender, that’s his life potentially ruined, into prison away from his daughter for her formative years. Would he still think it was right or worth it?

I see your point (and it is something that definitely needs to change ASAP), but how do you know this guy hasn't actually abused a real child in the past? And that any charges brought aren't going to be compromised?

"Your Honour, my name was posted all over the internet by a vigilante - there's no way I can get a fair trial?" Again - no sense of consequence.

And why approach him and expose him and then tell people NOT to attack him? Again, what did she think was going to happen.
    Omackeral wrote: »

And she's the one freaking out when the police arrive because THAT'S when she realises she's the one who's going to get into trouble..

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

She’s been warned countless times that if someone gets assaulted she could land in serious trouble

I’ve watched all her vids and I’ve bever seen her shout out the address and egg the crowd on

I think she’s getting frustrated that there is no actual law being broken . I don’t understand the hunters shouting, you’ll damage the case

There is no case, no law being broken

I think her bringing awareness about predators in the area is a good thing

But I can’t see her making any more vids now after this

She’s been warned countless times that if someone gets assaulted she could land in serious trouble

I’ve watched all her vids and I’ve bever seen her shout out the address and egg the crowd on

I think she’s getting frustrated that there is no actual law being broken . I don’t understand the hunters shouting, you’ll damage the case

There is no case, no law being broken

I think her bringing awareness about predators in the area is a good thing

But I can’t see her making any more vids now after this

On the plus side of things, this will bring the lack of a law being broken onto the spotlight. Pretty sure that'll change soon though - no politician has anything to gain by blocking it.

If the police aren't an option and you just want to stop the guy from contacting kids, just send an anonyous package to him saying you know who he is and what's doing and will go public with the slightest provocation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A friend of mine is going to be an expert witness in Court. He will demonstrate how easy it is to put illegal material on to someone's computer without their knowledge. Even if they suspect they will find nothing without forensic examination. I asked him about chat logs, photos etc & he said that it would be easy with the right knowledge.

Advertisement