Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Loyalty Team

• 06-02-2019 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I had a member of the Eir Loyalty phone me a few hours ago about a new deal that he was offering me on my home phone and broadband. I got cut off as he was in the process setting me up. He hasnt called me back and I have tried ringing the number but to no avail. How can I get in contact with them again. I have tried the 1901 number but there is a wait time of at least 30 minutes to speak to someone. Help please as I am getting old waiting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Fralmar

I am more that 50 minutes waiting and finally the call finish, this is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Redlad50

I rang the 1901 number again and was on for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
    Still no answer from anyone.
    I eventually hung up as I was growing a beard.
    This must be the worst customer service any organisation has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Fralmar

It is, very poor and nothing professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Redlad50 wrote: »
    I had a member of the Eir Loyalty phone me a few hours ago about a new deal that he was offering me on my home phone and broadband. I got cut off as he was in the process setting me up. He hasnt called me back and I have tried ringing the number but to no avail. How can I get in contact with them again. I have tried the 1901 number but there is a wait time of at least 30 minutes to speak to someone. Help please as I am getting old waiting.
    Fralmar wrote: »
    Hi @RedLad50 and @Fralmar

Sorry to hear you are unable to get through. 

The social media team are unable to schedule callbacks. 

All the details on how to cancel your account can be found here

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Grainne
    i suggest you switch providers. if eir are offering you a new deal you may be towards the end of your contract and any new deal taken will probably result in a 24 month commitment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Grainne

So instead of encouraging people to renew a contract, you offer them a means of cancelling.
    The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

its very difficult to cancel using the telephone number they want you to call. dedicate hours to it and you will still be on the books. recommend you send a registered letter to the postal address in the switching section of the link, stating your are cancelling, from what date etc, reason for cancelling too and that your contract ends on x date or you are on a monthly rolling contract(if applicable). Keep the records of the registered letter and if nobody signs for the letter in eir lodge complaint with comreg. I recommend then cancelling all direct debits to eir etc so they cannot keep taking your money, or try to get a big cancellation fee. if there are any legitimate outstanding charges you can give a once off payment(suggest check to the above address)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 curiouscrater

45 Mins waiting absolute joke, very bad form. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

I rang the 1901 number again and was on for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
    Still no answer from anyone.
    I eventually hung up as I was growing a beard.
    This must be the worst customer service any organisation has.
    eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Advertisement